Black History : LEST WE NOT FORGET

21272527_1965010253757167_6382239797265758565_n.jpg

I saw the movie 12 years a slave a couple of years ago.....but I just read the excerpt from the book when Patsy was whipped unmercifully. This is my respose from the the on-line reply in the comments section.......

If i had witnessed the horrible brutality that Patsy suffered on that horrible day...I swear to all who are reading this....I would have spent the last amount of courage I had in me and poured Kerosene oil (or any other flammable solvent) on the master and his wife as they slept...and watch them burn to death. People that wicked dont deserve to walk the earth...I would then pray to my God and tell Him I could no longer stand by and watch such wickedness and be ready to die. I would just ask that God consider the circumstances which led me to commit the act when He judges me for eternity..An innocent man or woman doesnt deserve that type of treatment, even if he/she was a slave....When I saw that scene in the movie...I was in shock and didnt come back to my regular self until a week later...I didnt want to speak to & kept my distance from white folk for a while after that (except for when I was at work).....even now I hear her screams in the distance through time, space, and the dimension of line that is between the living and the dead.....

I saw the movie 12 years a slave a couple of years ago.....but I just read the excerpt from the book when Patsy was whipped unmercifully. This is my respose from the the on-line reply in the comments section.......

If i had witnessed the horrible brutality that Patsy suffered on that horrible day...I swear to all who are reading this....I would have spent the last amount of courage I had in me and poured Kerosene oil (or any other flammable solvent) on the master and his wife as they slept...and watch them burn to death. People that wicked dont deserve to walk the earth...I would then pray to my God and tell Him I could no longer stand by and watch such wickedness and be ready to die. I would just ask that God consider the circumstances which led me to commit the act when He judges me for eternity..An innocent man or woman doesnt deserve that type of treatment, even if he/she was a slave....When I saw that scene in the movie...I was in shock and didnt come back to my regular self until a week later...I didnt want to speak to & kept my distance from white folk for a while after that (except for when I was at work).....even now I hear her screams in the distance through time, space, and the dimension of line that is between the living and the dead.....

Hi jimmyjam

Your reaction to the movie is remarkable.
Did you know before seeing the movie, that enslaved women were beaten same as males.

About that movie; I was upset that Patsy (per the script) was picking 500 pounds of cotton and still getting beat and raped.
500 pounds of cotton!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back