sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
That's one way of looking at it! But, I respectfully submit that "the truth is what you believe, while the facts are facts regardless of what you believe'! 'One man's truth is another man's falsehood'! Truth is a belief, not necessarily a fact, e.g., white supremacy. Knowledge is simply knowing something that may or may not be relevant and useful, depending on one's endgame. E.g., the migration habits of the snow geese is knowledge, but irrelevant and useless to a people struggling to overcome oppression and exploitation, and to re-enter the power arena of the world as a force to be reckoned with! Most people that I know are unconscious, and have been brainwashed and indoctrinated to ignore their own history and culture, and, consequently, don't have a clue about how to overcome their oppression and exploitation , aka white domination, the ultimate social problem!!! Malcolm X said it well and said it best when he said, 'of all of our studies, history is best qualified to reward all research. And when you see that you got problems, all you have to do is examine the historic method used all over the world, by others who had problems similar to yours. And when you see how they got theirs straight, then you know how you can get yours straight'! It is the responsibility of the conscious to make the unconscious conscious', Kwame Toure. We must look to Afrikan history and culture for the solutions to our domination by foreigners, especially europeans! And not just because it makes us feel good about who we are. That's good but not good enough. It must be used to solve problems and meet the needs of our people. Otherwise it's just a feel good history and that is not the appropriate use of the knowledge!!!
Knowledge (truth) does give you power over ignorance, but only when you act on it. I believe that many Black people do care after knowing the truth, but the truth doesn't come packaged with knowing what to do or having the courage to do anything about it. If that was the case, the Black experience would be far different than it is today.

I believe that many Black people get dis-couraged and overwhelmed by the truth, particularly if they are living in a highly complex and oppressive society, and with that discouragement oftentimes results in no action. Black people will say things like, what difference will my vote make even though they have the legal right to vote.

Does truth set you free in mind, body and spirit? Because that's what it takes to translate truth into action. Forgive me for quoting Gloria Steinem here, but she once said that "truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off." Many Black people suppress their truth and internalize their anger, never expressing it outwardly in ways that gets rid of its root cause, thus, resulting in hypertension, diabetes, congestive heart failure and mental illness.

We have been successfully Zombied.
That's one way of looking at it! But, I respectfully submit that "the truth is what you believe, while the facts are facts regardless of what you believe'! 'One man's truth is another man's falsehood'! Truth is a belief, not necessarily a fact, e.g., white supremacy. Knowledge is simply knowing something that may or may not be relevant and useful, depending on one's endgame. E.g., the migration habits of the snow geese is knowledge, but irrelevant and useless to a people struggling to overcome oppression and exploitation, and to re-enter the power arena of the world as a force to be reckoned with! Most people that I know are unconscious, and have been brainwashed and indoctrinated to ignore their own history and culture, and, consequently, don't have a clue about how to overcome their oppression and exploitation , aka white domination, the ultimate social problem!!! Malcolm X said it well and said it best when he said, 'of all of our studies, history is best qualified to reward all research. And when you see that you got problems, all you have to do is examine the historic method used all over the world, by others who had problems similar to yours. And when you see how they got theirs straight, then you know how you can get yours straight'! It is the responsibility of the conscious to make the unconscious conscious', Kwame Toure. We must look to Afrikan history and culture for the solutions to our domination by foreigners, especially europeans! And not just because it makes us feel good about who we are. That's good but not good enough. It must be used to solve problems and meet the needs of our people. Otherwise it's just a feel good history and that is not the appropriate use of the knowledge!!!
Knowledge (truth) does give you power over ignorance, but only when you act on it. I believe that many Black people do care after knowing the truth, but the truth doesn't come packaged with knowing what to do or having the courage to do anything about it. If that was the case, the Black experience would be far different than it is today.

I believe that many Black people get dis-couraged and overwhelmed by the truth, particularly if they are living in a highly complex and oppressive society, and with that discouragement oftentimes results in no action. Black people will say things like, what difference will my vote make even though they have the legal right to vote.

Does truth set you free in mind, body and spirit? Because that's what it takes to translate truth into action. Forgive me for quoting Gloria Steinem here, but she once said that "truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off." Many Black people suppress their truth and internalize their anger, never expressing it outwardly in ways that gets rid of its root cause, thus, resulting in hypertension, diabetes, congestive heart failure and mental illness.

We have been successfully Zombied.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Word up NNQueen. Our protectors in the tumultuous 60's held nothing back. They externalized the rage we all felt, they put it on "The Other Man" and gave him insomnia, stress and anxiety. If only we had The Black Panther Party at the helm of our existence today instead of the Congressional Black Shoeshine Gang.

Strong, Black and Proud.

View attachment 17236

View attachment 17237

View attachment 17238

View attachment 17239

And you as the new Kathleen Nash Cleaver.

View attachment 17240

Bad, Black and Beautiful.
Truth be told the BPP was a good idea poorly executed! It was a militant integrationist organization. They were johnny-come-lately to the culture imperative. Which is why they were engaged in a gunfight with members of United Slaves (US), now known as Urban Survival, in which two panthers were killed!!! Read their history very carefully. There are some very important lessons to be learned from them!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'APLICA BESTONT GLORAL ILLAGE MY NAME IS MADISON WASHINGTON LEAD THE MOST SUCCESSFUL SLAVE REVOLT IN AMERIKKKAN HISTORY. THEY WILL NOT TEACH YOU MY STORY. YOU MUST TELL MY STORY.'
Ihekerema Goree
9 hrs
MADISON WASHINGTON
Led one of the most successful slave revolts as he took over the ship "THE CREOLE" November 7, 1841 that was transporting slaves from Virginia to New Orleans! He killed the captain and crew and sailed to Nassau where they were freed by British! 116 slaves!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black People : LEST WE FORGET Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Lest we forget? Black People Open Forum 4
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Lest We Forget... Black People Open Forum 8
dunwiddat Black People : A reminder ...lest we forget Black People Open Forum 4
chuck Black People : Lest We Forget The Nineties? Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Lest You Forget, 'Black Militants'! Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : Lest We Forget...HIStory Black People Open Forum 19
anAfrican Black Parenting : Lest We Forget! Black Parenting 5
M Black Ancestors : Lest We Forget.... Honoring Black Ancestors 9
A Black People : Lest We Forget... Black People Open Forum 2
triniti424 Black Poetry : blak-beatitude...lest we ever forget... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
TotalView Black Poetry : sometimes i forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : Forget me Knots - Spoken Word Piece on Paper. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Ndugu Black People : Lets not forget the Brother at Kroger that bust shot, on the terrorist to protect his wife! Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHY WE SHOULD NEVER LET GO OR FORGET Black People Open Forum 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Don’t Forget About the Electoral College Black People Politics 49
nilevalley Black People : Don't forget to look up and view this luminous marvel tonight Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Zulu king: I won't let my people forget our history All Things Africa 2
nilevalley Black People : How easy it is forget the plights of others in the world. Black People Open Forum 14
RAPTOR Black People : Boyce Watkins - Rapper Common on racism: "Let's forget about the past" Black People Open Forum 5
shaka64 Black People : Forget Coffins – Organic Burial Pods Will Turn Your Loved Ones Into Trees Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Don’t Forget to Eat the Peel Black Health and Wellness 13
HODEE Black People : Don't forget to be good to him! A Woman's Perpective Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Popes Gone Wild: What the Catholic Church Would Rather You Forget Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Hadiya Pendleton - Never Forget OldSoul 1
chuck Black People : What They Need And Want Us To Forget! Black People Open Forum 7
TotalView Black Poetry : Sometimes I Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : i will not forget again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Glenn Lewis - Don't You Forget It Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Curtis Mayfield Let Us Not Forget Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
C Black Ancestors : We must not forget our Ancestors! Honoring Black Ancestors 6
cherryblossom Black Christians : "Forgive And Forget" Christian Study Group 21
river Black People : Forget Reparations, Gimme a Bailout Black People Open Forum 6
watzinaname Black Poetry : Can't Forget to Remember Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
howardtsu Black Poetry : Too Pretty to Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
B Black People : Never forget slavery Black People Open Forum 2
anAfrican Black People : Forget thee not! Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : How Soon We Forget Omowale Jabali 0
D Black People : SLAVERY: WHY SHOULD WE FORGET ABOUT IT? Black People Open Forum 99
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget Willie Lynch - God Taught the White Man How to Handle His Slaves Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 50
M Black People : We must not forget (Katrina) New Orleans* Black People Open Forum 3
I African American History Culture : The tribe Germany wants to forget African American History Culture 2
river Black Spirituality Religion : Here's An Online Research Database - Forget Google Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
ibrahim Black Poetry : So, don't forget me if i die. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 28
M Egypt : Forget Egypt, Africa Has its own Great Wall of China Egypt 16
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget This Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I Will Never Forget The Evil And Horror Of chattel Slavery Chief Elder Osiris 0
1 Black Entertainment : Don't Forget to Watch The Vibe Awards Black Entertainment 11