African American History Culture : LEST WE NOT FORGET

umbrarchist

Registered
Jun 13, 2007
Here is something strangely different:

European Discovery of the Americas Killed So Many People It Made the Earth Colder
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a26136069/great-dying-little-ice-age/

The researchers, from University College London, used estimates of population decline during the 16th century to estimate how much farmland was reclaimed by forests during that century. The 60 million people living in the pre-Columbian Americas needed a lot of farmland to grow the food they needed to eat, and when people started dying en masse they stopped needing so much land for crops.

That land went unused for so long that it slowly turned into forests. By those researchers’ estimates, around 200,000 square miles of new forest were created during the 1500s. For comparison, that’s a little less than the size of Texas, or about a tenth of the Amazon rainforest. All that new vegetation required a lot of carbon dioxide, and so much CO2 was pulled out of the atmosphere to fuel these growing plants that it ended up cooling the earth.

Starting in the late 1500s, the entire earth went through a minor cooling period called the Little Ice Age. Global temperatures dropped over a degree Fahrenheit and the climate was dramatically altered. Winters became more severe, crops were devastated, and famine was common throughout much of Europe. The immediate cause of the ice age was a drop in atmospheric carbon dioxide by around 8 parts per million.

According to the recent study, the additional forests in the Americas caused around half of that CO2 loss, around 5 parts per million. That’s enough to account for much of the colder temperatures of that era.

One of those make you go "Hhmmm..." kind of things.

um

Orisons

Registered
Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
[QUOTE="umbrarchist, post: 1013380, member: 14564" Here is something strangely different:

European Discovery of the Americas Killed So Many People It Made the Earth Colder
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a26136069/great-dying-little-ice-age/

One of those make you go "Hhmmm..." kind of things.

um/QUOTE]
When I attempted to start/post this thread [below] on easily the most well known internet message board on the the planet, for the first time ever I was prevented from doing so, as opposed to this message [below, being added to my timeline] do you think I touched a nerve? ROFL

caution-traingle

We've reviewed your post again and it doesn't follow our Community Standards on hate speech. No one else can see this post.

PEOPLE, this RETARD John Patrick Alao interjected in a thread inferring that Black people should go back to where we came from whereas look at the so maliciously EVIL brutality this Aboriginal man and all of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, Australasia and Africa have had to exist in post the military invasion of predatory PARASITIC white hordes to their homelands over the last 500 years.

John Patrick Alao, are you truly unaware of the fact that our enslaved African ancestors [and their siblings and comrades who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to BOW/be broken or as the means of traumatizing the rest of us into total subservience] so brutatlly extorted labour, blood, sweat and tears [without apology or reparation to date] built the West’s monetary system/wealth; paid 10 times over for our right to be fully free citizens of the UK, USA and anywhere else in the western Diaspora we choose?

However John Patric Alao, in return for all non-whites generally, people of African ethnicity specifically leaving the UK and all of Europe and NEVER EVER returning, can you facilitate Donald CHUMP and all of the other PALEFACE PARASITES, consistent maliciously EVIL military invaders who in just 500 years have so completely usurped the sovereignty of the indigenous peoples of the Americas, Australasia, most of Asia and all of Africa [are still refusing to leave South Africa and Zimbabwe TODAY] decimating this planet as easily the most debilitating CANCER/PLAGUE in human history; to ALL return to Europe, leave the rest of the human family alone?

Have we got a DEAL John Patrick Alao [mud huts with no predatory PALEFACES around would indeed be heaven]?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

About This Website
nytimes.com
A Broken Skull, a Dubious Paper Trail: Australian Justice for One Aboriginal Man

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Knowledge (truth) does give you power over ignorance, but only when you act on it. I believe that many Black people do care after knowing the truth, but the truth doesn't come packaged with knowing what to do or having the courage to do anything about it. If that was the case, the Black experience would be far different than it is today.

I believe that many Black people get dis-couraged and overwhelmed by the truth, particularly if they are living in a highly complex and oppressive society, and with that discouragement oftentimes results in no action. Black people will say things like, what difference will my vote make even though they have the legal right to vote.

Does truth set you free in mind, body and spirit? Because that's what it takes to translate truth into action. Forgive me for quoting Gloria Steinem here, but she once said that "truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off." Many Black people suppress their truth and internalize their anger, never expressing it outwardly in ways that gets rid of its root cause, thus, resulting in hypertension, diabetes, congestive heart failure and mental illness.

We have been successfully Zombied.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black People : LEST WE FORGET Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Lest we forget? Black People Open Forum 4
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Lest We Forget... Black People Open Forum 8
dunwiddat Black People : A reminder ...lest we forget Black People Open Forum 4
chuck Black People : Lest We Forget The Nineties? Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Lest You Forget, 'Black Militants'! Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : Lest We Forget...HIStory Black People Open Forum 19
anAfrican Black Parenting : Lest We Forget! Black Parenting 5
M Black Ancestors : Lest We Forget.... Honoring Black Ancestors 9
A Black People : Lest We Forget... Black People Open Forum 2
triniti424 Black Poetry : blak-beatitude...lest we ever forget... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
TotalView Black Poetry : sometimes i forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : Forget me Knots - Spoken Word Piece on Paper. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Ndugu Black People : Lets not forget the Brother at Kroger that bust shot, on the terrorist to protect his wife! Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHY WE SHOULD NEVER LET GO OR FORGET Black People Open Forum 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Don’t Forget About the Electoral College Black People Politics 49
nilevalley Black People : Don't forget to look up and view this luminous marvel tonight Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Zulu king: I won't let my people forget our history All Things Africa 2
nilevalley Black People : How easy it is forget the plights of others in the world. Black People Open Forum 14
RAPTOR Black People : Boyce Watkins - Rapper Common on racism: "Let's forget about the past" Black People Open Forum 5
shaka64 Black People : Forget Coffins – Organic Burial Pods Will Turn Your Loved Ones Into Trees Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Don’t Forget to Eat the Peel Black Health and Wellness 13
HODEE Black People : Don't forget to be good to him! A Woman's Perpective Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Popes Gone Wild: What the Catholic Church Would Rather You Forget Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Hadiya Pendleton - Never Forget OldSoul 1
chuck Black People : What They Need And Want Us To Forget! Black People Open Forum 7
TotalView Black Poetry : Sometimes I Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : i will not forget again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Glenn Lewis - Don't You Forget It Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Curtis Mayfield Let Us Not Forget Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
C Black Ancestors : We must not forget our Ancestors! Honoring Black Ancestors 6
cherryblossom Black Christians : "Forgive And Forget" Christian Study Group 21
river Black People : Forget Reparations, Gimme a Bailout Black People Open Forum 6
watzinaname Black Poetry : Can't Forget to Remember Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
howardtsu Black Poetry : Too Pretty to Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
B Black People : Never forget slavery Black People Open Forum 2
anAfrican Black People : Forget thee not! Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : How Soon We Forget Omowale Jabali 0
D Black People : SLAVERY: WHY SHOULD WE FORGET ABOUT IT? Black People Open Forum 99
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget Willie Lynch - God Taught the White Man How to Handle His Slaves Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 50
M Black People : We must not forget (Katrina) New Orleans* Black People Open Forum 3
I African American History Culture : The tribe Germany wants to forget African American History Culture 2
river Black Spirituality Religion : Here's An Online Research Database - Forget Google Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
ibrahim Black Poetry : So, don't forget me if i die. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 28
M Egypt : Forget Egypt, Africa Has its own Great Wall of China Egypt 16
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget This Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I Will Never Forget The Evil And Horror Of chattel Slavery Chief Elder Osiris 0
1 Black Entertainment : Don't Forget to Watch The Vibe Awards Black Entertainment 11