Pan Africanism : Lessons in the African Diaspora: studying Blacks in areas other than Africa & the US

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Mar 13, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    In my continual search to find, and prove the diversity, depth, and length of the African Diaspora. I have decided to post websites, stories, and histories of Africans in regions of the world where they are not thought to have populated. I will begin with a fascinating website about African Chinese. It speaks about an African occupation dating back to the Xia dynasty (2205 B.C.), and it also suggest that the African & Chinese mixed to create what is now known as the American-Indian. Here is the site:

http://members.tripod.com/pointingbird/lostfeatherintl/id58.htm

One very important historical fact that was left out of the website (but is extremely important to this theory), is that the continents were not originally in their current location. It is believed by most historians and scientist (black & white) that Asia and Alaska/America were once joined by a land bridge called Beringa. The American-Indian were believed to have come from Asia across this bridge in search of food, and were stuck in Alaska/America when the 2 (technically 3) continents separated. With the theories of this website (and pictures provided) it can now be assumed that the original inhabitants of the Americans not only had Asian blood, but African blood as well!!

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Another incredible website tells that the original people of the philippines were an African Pygmie group called the Agta. These people continue to exist in small numbers through Asia:

http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/filipinos.html

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    This website gives a very interesting summary of the African presence in Spain. It briefly covers the carthaginians (tunisia in N. Africa) invasion in the 5th century B.C. to the Moors in the 8th century A.D. to the Equatorial Guinean immigrants of today. Good reading!

http://www.regencyinfocostablanca.com/history africa spain.htm

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
  5. Olorun1

Olorun1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
  6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    An apple for the teacher!

I have a question. When does the PanAfrican class begin? I can invision each one of these posts as a separate history lesson. Pan you can actually create a class syllabus with a list of reading assignments for us to read prior to each class. Nothing too lengthy, but enough to prepare us for the upcoming class and give us time to prepare questions. Then again, we can just come and listen to you do your thing! This is good information. :)

Queenie :spinstar:

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Ahh NN, you give me too much credit. Of these subjects particularly Pan-Negroism in New Guinea & the Agta of the Phillipines, I am a student myself. As I learn more I will share more. :book: Africans in New Guinea were a given, because their appearence, much like the Aborigine of Australia. However, although some people claim to see "black features" in some people of the phillipines (broad noses), I was completely blown away by reading about the Agta. This is indeed information you don't learn in the classroom!! :shades:

8. Electra Woman

Electra Woman Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    interesante :read:

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    On point and on time in 2016 too!!