Black People : LESSONS IN COUNTER INTELLIGENCE *COINTELPRO...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    DISRUPT...

DESTABILIZE...

DESTROY....

As I understand the Government's counter intelligence programs of the last century, those three words were/are very important in NEUTRALIZING the growth of good Black and Progressive organizations...

They USE you and me, and our artificially created tribalisms and schisms and religions and southerness and northerness and skin tones and sexuality and age and ethnic differences and salaries and social status and politictal affiliations and whatever else they can find, to do what???

DISRUPT...

DESTABILIZE...

DESTROY...

Some of us don't dig reading... I work at a University, and I can tell you that some of us don't dig reading(smile!) But I tell ya, that what you don't know from reading, can put a hurting on your @zz... African people's aversion to reading has put a hurting on our behinds in this literate White Man's world! But since of you will NOT READ THIS, perhaps we need brothers Oldsoul and OmoWale to verbally explain COUNTER INTELLIGENCE in CHAT??? Believe me, we AFRICANS NEED some lessons in THAT!

DISRUPT...

DESTABILIZE...

DESTROY...

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/cointel.htm

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
  3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    now this, i think, is key to everything, and seriously needs to be turned around. yeah, yeah, yeah; "cointelpro", "white supremacy", "African vs African American", "aggressiveness of African women" ... no; this stuff is NOT important; READING/EDUCATION IS!

sorry; this truly belongs in another thread, or something, but i spotted this here and responded. this is the key that we need to overcome; all else will only keep us right where we are today!

4. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    And we're still not gone read this thread, brother(smile!)

If a thread got anything that really titilates us, we will read that until our eyes hit the ground...

Something like the government destabilizing our communities by infusing it with drugs, cigarettes, liquor, guns, bad schools, and ignant negroes???

Something about tonights Usher video premiere, or Whitney and Bobby's buffoonery on the tube??? African people break our necks running to see that ISH!, man...(smile!)

Destee, THIS is why White Supremacy continues to REIGN over the 90% majority on the earth... Like my Dad used to say about women and men, they schemin' while you in da bed dreamin'...(Yah-haaaah!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    That's deep stuff....I have a question though...why do yall think that young Blacks don't read? I mean I look at the kids in my son's school and they are completely ignorant...not just on history and current events and such they just don't know anything....even when meeting their parents I come to find that their parents are ignorant....and don't even own any books of substance or read newspapers or anything....except the magazines and internet articles that only contribute to them becoming more and more ignorant at time goes on......I know my Daddy forced me to read until it got to the point where I loved and wanted to read.......kids these days don't even respect books .....anyway I think we are making it way too easy on those who seek to harm us by not reading about what was done in the past and not reading about the things that are happening now

for example the folks that don't read newspapers and are from the Gulf south are putting themselves in a bad position because they're not seeing the articles and putting 2 and 2 together to see what the larger plan is..concerning the rebuilding of AL,MS,and LA ......
    sorry for getting off the subject though but this seems to be a critical component to controlling a people....keep folks ignorant to their situation and options and control what they do know and learn and you can control them....

Thanks again for the articles

MississippiRed

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    School age kids now are the first generation to be totally riased on video, ipods and the internet.

I know a lot of teachers who dont even think students can do book reports or research report any more so they dont assign them.

I used to give my students a lot of reports to do in my histroy classes. Proplem is they were not taught the format and how to do outlining, taking notes, and structure in their english classes...then they would just download info, staple pages together and submit...with url addresses either showing or whited out..one thing that my school did was we had a program called Accelerated Reader which was a computerized program...my students would have to read and pass a certain number of tests over the course of the semester and i factored the points into their overall grade...i was the only teacher in a school of 1,900 middle schoolers who set certification goals for my students...the struggle was then getting then to read more non-fiction cuz when they would read it was harry potter and ISH like that...

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    of course their parents are "ignorant"; the design has always been that we are to remain "ignorant" - that is what the amerrycon educational system is designed to do for/with/to Africans.

sometimes, some of us get a feeling that something needs to be different and we push our children to do more/better ... such as pushing reading, forcing homework. all that is expected of us in school is recess, and we are expected to work at that as hard as we should really be working at maths and sciences. but we are "steered" toward sports and entertainment, and that is about all that we have today, eh?

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Haaaaaa, 'SIP RED, brother you make me chuckle sometimes, man(smile!) I don't know if it would be such a greeat idea for you and me and brother O to get on that porch rappin, now... We'd wear each other out going from subject to subject(smile!)

Yo, brother, the situation is the GULF COAST, as well as, all over the United States is what AnAfrican was alluding to... It's no different wherever Africans are, we don't read, and that's as much a part of our culture BEFORE we came across the Atlantic as it is now...

We are an ORAL people, which comes with it's own advantages, such as our ability to communicate non-verbally, with our bodies, in a multiplicity of ways... But in this literate environment of the White Man, it places us at an extreme disadvantage... Everything of great import in this society is written down, and you've got to read it to fully understand it... You and I can rap for 5 minutes on a HipHop jam, but we cannot put no 500-page tome down like that, because you're gonna miss some stuff...

Oral people's attention spans are shorter too, because they're used to getting their point across quick, fast, and in a hurry... See how African people abbreviate almost all of our speech, how we communicate things with our bodies and our hands, greet one another with a pound, a smile, whatup, no wasted motion??? In African culture it's the rhythm of life, and we're right in step with that... But in a literate, more deliberate culture, it almost seems to us like a waste of good time and energy(smile!)

It is not as though we cannot learn to be literate, but I think we have a certain contempt for it that ultimately hurts us - particularly in this day and age... Our ancestors understood that White Man was hiding something that we needed to know... They risked their lives to know what that "something" was in slavery, and built thier own schools afterward to ensure that WE knew what time it was... But even then, I think African Americans oft felt we could get along on our ish, grit, and mother wit, and communicated that unconsciously to our children...

Don't want to be long-winded, brothers, but when I was a kid, I always saw my mama and dad reading the Daily News, the Muhammad Speaks, Jet, Ebony... That stuff was always around the house... I simply followed their example... You brothers with Children probably "taught" your babies to read, too, by example... They saw you reading, and wanted to be like Daddy and Mommy... Too many of our Children don't see that... They see Ma and Pa in front da boob tube 70 hours a week... Doo Doo goin' in, and Doo Doo comin' out... That's why these babies can't read... Makes 'em ripe for cointelpro... Makes 'em ripe for Fiddy Cent, and random killings, and drug dealing... What other choices are we giving them???

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    you bring up some good points brother. from the earliest i do remember pop's always having around a jet magazine, like he was a collector and i remember why...they used to have them music r&b music charts in tha back...he also used to get the tv guide, look and a black mag called "sepia"..local black paper the l.a. sentinel, which is the only paper i now subscribe to even though i'm in texas...u know..gotta keep up with my homefront..i kinda overlooked the oral aspect of our culture...that still holds true for our elderly elders...folks who was born before ww2...but these kids today ain't even an oral culture...they a video culture...and we all know the revolution aint been televised yet...its a revolution of the mindset that needs to be changed...an that requires a literate community..

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Brother Red I feel ya on the lack of reading by our people as a whole. However, I believe that this is a more societal issue, as this society is a visual and audio society; I will also concur with Brother Isaiah about our people being an Oral People, however my only disagreement with that, is that our people are the founders of the written word, and our people created language, and in that in itself created reading.

I believe it is a disservice to our ancestors to say that our people are an oral only people, we are a people who are oral and written.

When I coached High School Speech and Debate, it amazed me how the kids were not good readers. I was astonished to find that I (being a middle school dropout) read a lot better than these kids at the same age who were taking AP and IB courses! This is a travesty. Our kids possess too much genius not too be able to read. I am not saying that you have to read 25 letter words, but our kids should be able to at least read and speak at their grade levels.

Our People are the best orators and writers that this world has ever seen, and I believe that we will do not live up to our potential when we negate the written word.

In Response to CointelPro:

I was reading about this stuff a while ago in the 90’s and it was really sad, especially about Brother Fred Hampton, and just the wretched divide and conquer strategy. I know a brother who was a founding member of a Gang in Chicago called The Black Stones, who told that the feds and Cointel courted his group several times to get them to disrupt the panther party in the Chi. In light of this great info presented by Brother Isaiah I want to Introduce you to an active group in our country that pays for sovereign governments to be overthrown. This group is called the National Endowment for Democracy and the stuff they do makes CointelPro look like child’s play:

http://www.antiwar.com/paul/paul79.html

http://www.cato.org/pubs/fpbriefs/fpb-027.html

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/TrojanHorse_RS.html

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/articles.php?artno=1316

http://www.ned.org/