Amun-Ra : Lesbians!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    What's the deal with men and lesbian women? Why are so many men interested in lesbian women? Think it's not true? Go to personal websites and notice how many lesbian women post warnings-if you are a man don't write! What is it?

It is not the first time I've seen it. I have friends who think that getting involved with a lesbian would be a "great" relationship. What prompts this thinking? I have several lesbian friends who tell they are constantly pursued by heterosexual men who just won't take no for an answer. From their looks, I would be the first to admit that any male in his right mind would be interested in any of them, BUT-although I love beautiful women, my interest suddenly wanes when women aren't interested in me-no matter what their sexual persuasion.

So, why the hassle? I've seen men who can't no for an answer in heterosexual situations and they are the bane of disinterested women everywhere, but to pursue a woman who's interest is in other women seems like a clear chance to stay out of that no-win situation. Yet, they persist. Why? I am not naïve, but it seems so clear cut that why would anyone waste the effort? Do women try to seduce gay men?

I try my best not to judge anyone, but in this case I'm going to make an exception by saying that men who knowingly pursue these women either have no idea of what it is they are doing, which I doubt, or they don't care that they are invading another person's space.

Is it just me? Or, am I too sensitive to the needs of others? Any women who doesn't want my attention are spared my desires no matter how strong they may be. I would expect the same treatment from any woman whom I did not want. So, again, what is it with men chasing after lesbian women?

Amun-Ra :confused:

2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    I'm in agreement with you RA, If she is not interested in me that's that. There are many reasons why men chase after lesbians. Number 1. They are challenged by the fact that there are some women out there who are just not interested in men. It's different than a woman saying you're not my type or I have a man already, but she is in fact saying that there is nothing a man can offer her that will satisfy her. This is a blow to the male ego, therefore he takes it upon himself to see if he can persuade her to think otherwise. I've heard many brothers say in regards to lesbians, that they just haven't met the right man or a real man yet. Brothers need to get up off the ego trip and push on. The second reason is that some men get turned on by the idea of two women in a sexual relationship with each other, and somehow hopes to join in with them. There are a lot of brothers out there who fantasize about being with two or three women at the same time. All of this is due as I said earlier to the ego, but if a man was really secure in himself amd with his ability to find a meaningful relationship, he wouldn't chase after shadows.

3. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Mouthful

You said a mouthful there. When I think about it, I see that would be the ultimate in conquering--if there is such a thing. To make a woman who is a lesbian convert! I agree with you--that's ego talking. Personally, I wouldn't want my chops busted, but some folks don't get the message and will persist. I was asked to write this to see what kind of answers I got.

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    I pretty much agree with Bishop on this issue.
    Hey Amun Ra :wave:
    :peace:
    Much Luv
    Nita

5. Watcher

Watcher Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Bishop has said it all....Like you Amun, if I know a woman is not interested in me, no matter the reason, then its time to move on....Why waste energy, when you can redeem the time? How many brothers have missed a good thing chasing after something that's not his to possess?

Enjoying you topics Master Teacher....

6. MsDLite

MsDLite Well-Known Member MEMBER

Working
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mr. Columnist...

I must echo the Bishop.
    I knew a guy who was friends with a lesbian. Somehow over the course of their friendship, he was allowed to be the "male instrument" between this woman and her lover.

He explained that is was the thrill of having two women and another check in his "I've done this sexually" book. So, I agree with the word "ego" being used, because this man's ego was definitely elevated! Out of all his sexual experiences, this is the one he STILL talks about (some 5 years later).

And...no, women do not pursue gay men... :) As much as I love black men, I would not pursue a gay man in order to show him what he is missing (as some males try to show lesbians what they are missing). Sexual orientation is a preference....be it for a month or years.

Keep writing thought provoking articles...

7. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Right On!

It seems like that to me--I guess some men are gluttons for punishment

Don aka Ra

8. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    We can't end there!

Now that you have mentioned life choices--thgat brings another subject too the fore and that is--Is homosexuality a life style (choice) or is it something in which the individual has no choice? Personally, I am inclined to believe that there is no choice in the matter. I think no one chooses a lifestyle that in the United States and many other countries, invites personal abuse and humiliation from people who have taken the time to evaluate the question. The studies I have read indicate that homosexuality is no more a choice than the color of ones eyes. Now, obviously, I hang around with some skankty men because almost everyone that I know, with the exception of the more enlightened, think it is their duty to do something about this thing "lesbiansim" and if they can't then it is their duty to spout verbal abuse to show that they aren't afraid of homosexuals.

But now you have opened another--is homosexuality a choice?

Don aka Amun-Ra

9. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Let's Make it a Topic

This is great input! I think it is one we should discuss. Thanks for commenting on it. As soon as I can gather some coherent thoughts I will post a column on homosexuality.

Ra

10. StarGoddess

StarGoddess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I don't know bout yall.....

...but I happen to see this situation alot. Men chasing lesbian women. Maybe it's the hope that they can JOIN into a lesbian relationship(the thinking in that is just backwards but some do think that way) I mean, am I the only one that notices that girl on girl action is like a big thing nowadays? Its in videos, movies, tv shows...now I ain't saying nothing against gays...gota lotta gay friends...but even they agaree with me. It's like an exploited lifestyle. Almost like it's hip to be square or whatever. Some fantasize about being with more than one woman...or to watch two women interact---but uh...apparently, it's a no man show. If they wanted men, they wouldn't be lesbians now would they? I think it also has something to do with the Superstud ego a lot of men have...thinking they can be the "one" that makes her realize that this was what she really wanted all along. Don't front like they ain't out there. lol

And yes...I have known women that pursued gay men. Well maybe not full court press...but they were on the hunt. I had a girlfriend that fell in love with her gay guy friend and actually just dedicated her time and lifework to him. She doesn't even pursue relationships anymore. Granted...this is a drastic situation and obviously there are undertoning reasons to her actions, but it does happen. She said it was because he made her feel safe and she could be herself...and most of all...she loved him. And that was all that was important to her. Twisted.

I think poeple fall into situations and relationships like that because of warped or twisted veiws. Maybe it's a fear of commitment or intimacy or just being a never tiring thrill seeker...but in the end it's not normal. It's not healthy to pursue and put energy into something that is doomed from the start. Why even put yourself out there? Why put your emotions out on the line to be stomped and disreguarded? I think the issue has to go much deeper than just being about sex...yes...musch deeper.

Introspection is greatly needed.

Than again...I hang with a lot of messed up folks so what I see may not be the truth! lol