Black Astrology : LEO THE LION...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
Leo is the fifth sign of the zodiac, which the Sun transits during the second month of summer – i.e., the height of the summer season – from about July 23rd to about August 22nd. The symbol for Leo is The Lion; its polarity is positive; its element is fire; its quality is fixed; its cosmic ruler is the Sun; and on the human anatomy Leo rules the heart...

Like the Sun, the center of the solar system, people born under the sign Leo belong at the center of their world, radiating the energy of fire and exerting the magnetism of fixity. Leos – who include not only Sun-sign Leos, but all in whose horoscopes the sign is emphasized – do not need to sally forth to assert their powerful individuality; their business is simply to be, and, by their very existence, to influence the lives of those around them...

There is a natural assumption of authority in the Leo nature that is different from the driving ambition of Capricorn. While Capricorn seeks to climb to a position of power, Leo already possesses that power by divine right. Like the infant who rules the household from his crib; like the king surrounded by his loyal subjects; or like the creative artist in his studio, proud and lordly Leo is in total control of his universe...

Although they seem self-contained, Leos actually need other people to give to, and they need to feel that their gifts are appreciated. Generous and noble of spirit, they are also victims of pride, and they can become isolated from the love and support they need because they are too proud to ask for it. If in their insecurity they imagine that their power is of their own making, they can fall into the trap of tyranny and take some spectacular falls...

Hence, Leo can be the most charming, or the most obnoxious of all the signs, depending upon early education and other factors in the horoscope, There is no use telling a Leo child that the world does not revolve around him. He knows otherwise, and parents must find ways to curb the annoying Leo egocentricity without nipping the joyous Leo creativity in the bud...

Leo children love to please and perform; but if the focus is temporarily away from them, they may stage loud dramatic scenes in order to regain center stage. In dealing with the sensitive young Leonine ego, the use of parental authority will probably just encourage resistance. But genuine affection and an appeal to their “better nature” works wonders...

For Leo is, or should be, a sign of joy: innocent, fun-loving, eternally childlike, living in the moment, discovering the infinite richness of His creation – the true child of God – like Adam in the Garden of Eden before the fall. (In modern psychology Leo corresponds to the pleasure principle.)

The Leonine dramatic sense and tendency to dominate – while great assets on the stage – can create problems in an intimate relationship. The need to give can also be a need to control the person to whom one is giving, and the very intensity of Leo’s giving can be hard to take, causing an affair to “burn out” before its time. On the other hand, an evolved Leo person who is conscious of his/her own egoistic tendencies can be a wonderful mate: generous, imaginative, witty, loyal, romantic, and totally committed to giving their partner the best of everything...

Leo exhibitionism may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but those who can respond to it will be royally entertained. Although Leo rules children, it is not a particularly fertile sign, and many Leos will produce no offspring, preferring to remain the child themselves – or to produce works of art (which won’t compete with them for attention) instead of children.

Their most compatible signs are: Aries, Libra, Gemini and Sagittarius; Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces are neutral; and Taurus and Scorpio are likely to be difficult. With another Leo there will be competition for attention and control. With Aquarius, Leo’s polar opposite and complementary sign, there will be both attraction and tension, the outcome depending, as with all combinations, on how the two horoscopes interact as a whole, and not on the compatibility of the Sun-signs alone...

With their faith in their own abilities, willpower, and flair for attracting attention, Leos are born leaders and almost always succeed, sometimes even in the absence of any real talent or particular expenditure of effort on their part. Their cosmic ruler is a star, and Leos are particularly apt to shine in the entertainment world, the theatre, the arts, the world of fashion and the arena of politics. Like leaven, they will naturally rise to the top of any field...

The colors of Leo are yellow, red and gold; its birthstones are the sardonyx and the topaz, and its day of the week is Sunday, which is ruled by the Sun...

The following are some prominent African-Americans born under the sign Leo:

James Baldwin, Halle Berry, Tempest Bledsoe, Barry Bonds, Ron Brown, Wilt Chamberlain, Coolio, Janet DuBois, Patrick Ewing, Vivica Fox, Marcus Garvey, William Gray, Alex Haley, Isaac Hayes, Geoffrey Holder, Whitney Houston, Iman, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Vernon Jordan, Alan Keyes, Aminata Moseka (the former Abbey Lincoln), Sen. Barack Obama, Walter Payton, Melvin Van Peebles, David Robinson, Al Roker, Carl Rowan, Deion Sanders, Wesley Snipes, Malcolm Jamal-Warner and Doug Williams...

Leo often makes the best friend for Pisces, because the Leo’s warm heart and need for adulation can accept wholeheartedly the devotion and admiration that Pisces is so ready to give...

On the other hand Virgo is usually an anathema to Leo, with their urge to criticize everything and everyone. Virgo does not suit Leos’ sense of magnanimity, which is one of their finest characteristics...

Leos on the Internet...

The lordly Leo's innate courage and progressiveness will have him leading the way to the Web. Leo will look for cultural and artistic websites. This sign rules the theater, and Leos love good, first-rate entertainment...and will want the very best in theater arrangements. The Lion will look to the Internet for theater seating and, knowing what is best, will get those tickets via the Web. Then, off again into cyberspace, shopping for tasteful, elegant clothing in which to make that grand entrance...

The vast world of entertainment is out there waiting to be had, and Leo knows this. Thus, the fearless king is constantly in pursuit of something new and better than what came before. Leo loves to play and turn life into a game. The Internet makes this possible...

The only thing about the Web that bothers Leo is that his physical presence just doesn't stand out in the anonymity of cyberspace, and instant gratification is not as readily available as it often is in real life. Leo is invisible - in the old meaning of the word - while in the system. Being ignored and overlooked does not sit well with this royal sign...

Leo loves keeping in touch with friends using portals for e-mail chats. If Leo is single, this innately romantic sign will seek out romantic websites that might assist in finding a consort. Here are some sites the Lion will appreciate:

http://www.eluxury.com
http://www.carnegiehall.com
http://www.citysearch.com
http://www.deja.com
http://personals.lycos.com/lycos.../classads/pers/
http://web.cln.com
http://www.styleshop.com/index.asp
http://www.castlewales.com

I see myself

Aqil, i saw myself in most of the description listed here! I really did! HOwever, as a child I didn't seek or want attention but it was granted anyway. In fact, i don't neccesarily want attention, but yes to be acknowledged for my contributions. Three are times, when i just want to blend into the background but as you mentioned, others look upon us for leadership.

and Yes, I look really good in bold yellow, gold and red! However, i thought my birthstone was the peridot?

Other Leo entertainer you left out: Whitney Houstan (what drama, huh?) and Lawrence Fishburne, also Angela Bassett.

I do have artistic talents that are just now being cultivated.

I enjoyed reading this, what is your source?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back