Black People Politics : Legalizing It All Seems and Sounds Like Another Cop Out!

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by chuck, Nov 4, 2014.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    I feel and think folks operate on the basis of nostalgia, i. e., since the effort of booze is gradual, the impact of drugs ad naseum immediate, both on the addicts and/or our various communities...

Your feelings/thoughts/etc?

And thanks in advance!

FYI

2. Rottenez watkins

Rottenez watkins Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    I believe this going to be like a repeat of crack cocaine.Because when crack cocaine hit it was a drug that was little known about that had a big effect on most African american families lives.The push for weed to be legalized nationally,a drug people wish to rationalize and want law abiding citizens and their governments to sympathize with them about. I feel is a plan to increase the crime rate,because eventhough it may be legalized the motives and intentions of those who possess or illegally sell it will remain the same.So the question to ask is will the end result justify the means those who will allow themselves to continually be dubious to obvious acts of entrapment because who would think if weed is legalized that there wouldnt need to be any act of ill-will perpetrated against them because we all have access to it? I'm not naive because I'm well aware,that not all minds are for,or even that matter great minds that think alike but rarely are good favors put in place to benefit minorities especially when it comes to dealing with our American government.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Good evening, and I appreciate your reply, but my overall intent/purpose/etc. is to get more of the alleged or real advocates to do more than react/overreact/etc. to the bad pr, realize and recognize how else we get played cheap and close....

Nothing new or news about the misuse of addictive drugs to quell people in rebellion...

The British did that to the Chinese, as was also a subject brother Malcolm brought up in his famous 'Message to the Grassroots' speech...

My and the as well as more to the point:

No liberation forces are bound to rise in the midst of drug addicts etc.

So many have just not been able or willing to fess up, in the aftermath of the Civil Rights and Black Power movements, etc.

Movements do provide the share of lessons etc., but all movements run their courses...

In more recent years, a lot of smoke/little fire/etc.

Bare chested and/or all of the swagging etc. doesn't stop the bullets ad naseum...

As the Last (Black) Poets chided my generation(s), today's folk be playacting, big time...

Other folks don't even be playing...

'Stand your own' b. s. is the m. o. of cowards and pyschos....

Let's do be for real about that too....

And let's us also base comebacks on realizing what/who/etc. our young folk are coping/dealing/etc. in the midst of....

FYI

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
  5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
  6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
  7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    So Detroit's woes were and are 'our folks fault'?!?

Yeah, right!

Hence the backstory of the white folks 'rescue'...

FYI

8. Rottenez watkins

Rottenez watkins Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +11
    I read you loud and clear I'm not sure that what the British did to the Chinese ref: was necessary because these are different forms of government and to expose any kind of mind altering substance into any nation to see what their recourse is,or how they will react is a sign of a perpetrators weakness and can never be seen as a strategy,because before you expose people to something you must first understand if they will be subjected to it.And China probably has its share of drug use but for the most part I believe China with stood that act of cowardness by the British.

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    The downfall of the very concept of Black Power didn't and doesn't revolve around black inferiority/white superiority/ad naseum...

Lots of white run suburban communities were or are being lorded over by financial managers too...

The white haves share power etc. with no have nots they can't or won't try to make peace with, did or do consider their equals, etc.

FYI

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Not to refer to what might be a clique ridden comeback, but from the use of drugs to dominate one people of color, to the use of nuclear weapons against another, (on this side of declaring surrender), as my generation's beloved Black Last Poets did say: 'The white man has a GOD COMPLEX!"