Ghana : Legal Requirements for Doing Business / Buying / Importing From Ghana to USA ?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Destee, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

We talked about this last night, what the legal requirements are for doing business, buying, importing products from Ghana.

Brother J ComUnity Uplifter shared a great link with us last night, read some of the information regarding what the rules are ... but i didn't save the link properly ... so Brother, please share it here if you don't mind.

From what he said ... there are limitations in general, and maybe even specific to Ghana.

I want us to be able to do business with the local merchants of Ghana if we can ... rapchild

Okay .... so if you know what the rules are, got links and stuff, please share.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    I know you have to at least have an importer/exporter license to start

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Kemetstry ... the simple act of buying a pair of shoes from a Ghanian, and having them shipped (to USA) ... is importing?

The buyer needs a license to do that?

From who and where do you get the license?

:heart:

Destee

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

You do not need a license to import but you might need a license for certain goods.

http://answers.usa.gov/system/templ.../article/3791/Get an Import License or Permit

My family used to be involved in the import and selling of African clothes and artifacts. As far as I know the only licensing requirement was state and local.

5. ComUnity Uplifter

ComUnity Uplifter Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hey Everybody,

I think the link that I posted in our discussion the other night was focused on for those traveling internationally and transporting goods while you're traveling. I think Bro. Omowale Jabali is more on point with it.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

No, more like if you buy the shoes with the intent to sell them. I'm sure there is some federal agency where one could apply

7. rapchild

rapchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Ratings:
    +209
    When you purchase an item from here it can be sent to you through Dhl, Fedex etc even post office(snail mail) so you know is gonna take some time but express will cost more.Usually when someone is coming to the usa we give them stuff to bring to relatives and friends in the states and they post it when they get there only they live in different states.That sometimes take time too cuz we dont know who is going and at what time, only if we get lucky.I think there's the Airport post that will put it in the next flight.In a way is a gift so other charges besides shipping will be excluded.