Black People : Left To Die

SpiritualONE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 20, 2003
CBS News reported at 5 AM today that people of Afrikan descent are being rescued and then left to die with NO FOOD and water in New Orleans. Two ladies stated that they wanted the world to know that they are honest citizens who are trying to do right and they are being stranded in places where they can't go anywhere or get any food and water. One lady died trying to flag down the police and her friend said that all the cop said when they saw the dead body was to "remove it from the road so the road won't stink."

This is truly sad but not surprising at all.

Not left to die

Unfortunatally the people on the bridge have no way of knowing what is going on in other parts of the city. Instead of being able to relocate these people the gov. is now having to deal with gun fire and people looting the remaining hospitals on the west bank that did have power, at least with generators. Now the hospitals in Kenner are having to be evacuated because they have no power and people are breaking in to steal supplies.

Also now the evacuation at the superdome is being halted because of gun fire and arson. Those people for whom guns are a necessity are now going to cause more death..

http://start.sprint.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20050901/43167cc0_3ca6_15526200509011869308357

The evacuation of the Superdome was suspended Thursday after shots were reported fired at a military helicopter and arson fires broke out outside the arena.

People are desparate--I don't blame them for doing what they can to survive but I hope they don't hurt the efforts of those who are truly trying to help.

I blame the government for allowing this situation to drag on for three days...It makes me angry and ashamed to be an American even more.

This country helps everybody else faster then it will help black folk anywhere in this world...if this country won't do anything to help in Africa what makes anyone think they will help black folk here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back