Black People : Left To Die

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SpiritualONE, Sep 1, 2005.

1. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    CBS News reported at 5 AM today that people of Afrikan descent are being rescued and then left to die with NO FOOD and water in New Orleans. Two ladies stated that they wanted the world to know that they are honest citizens who are trying to do right and they are being stranded in places where they can't go anywhere or get any food and water. One lady died trying to flag down the police and her friend said that all the cop said when they saw the dead body was to "remove it from the road so the road won't stink."

This is truly sad but not surprising at all.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow ! this truely is sad and deep left to die like a none human is crazy
    and they want me to give to Red Cross and my people left this way D***

3. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48

The Red Cross was EXPOSED on "60 Minutes." Their executives use the money for their benefit in many cases!

4. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Not left to die

Unfortunatally the people on the bridge have no way of knowing what is going on in other parts of the city. Instead of being able to relocate these people the gov. is now having to deal with gun fire and people looting the remaining hospitals on the west bank that did have power, at least with generators. Now the hospitals in Kenner are having to be evacuated because they have no power and people are breaking in to steal supplies.

Also now the evacuation at the superdome is being halted because of gun fire and arson. Those people for whom guns are a necessity are now going to cause more death..

http://start.sprint.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20050901/43167cc0_3ca6_15526200509011869308357

The evacuation of the Superdome was suspended Thursday after shots were reported fired at a military helicopter and arson fires broke out outside the arena.

5. JoWillie

JoWillie Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    People are desparate--I don't blame them for doing what they can to survive but I hope they don't hurt the efforts of those who are truly trying to help.

I blame the government for allowing this situation to drag on for three days...It makes me angry and ashamed to be an American even more.

This country helps everybody else faster then it will help black folk anywhere in this world...if this country won't do anything to help in Africa what makes anyone think they will help black folk here.

6. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    I agree with you Jowillie..... for me this is very scary... I'm checking out CNN and all I can do is just shake my head in unbelief.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    isn't that what the national guard is for? where are they?
    remember all the money that was allocated for "homeland security"?
    where is it now that we need some security?

the federal government has NOT responded adequately!
    if they cannot do the job, give us our tax money back.

8. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    People are desperate. Desperate people do desperate things. Haven't you figured that out, indya?!

9. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
    I believe that the U.S. government wants this beachfront land to develop for their own use because there are people in power that are saying that New Orleans is not worth saving.

They have forgotten these people because this is part of their plan.

They dehumanize us and label us as inferiors SO PEOPLE DON'T CARE and then they create conditions that make some of us go mad.

I guess that's all you can expect from people with NO CONSCIENCE or GUILT. The conscious people KNOW this about the majority of them.

10. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The government has always had an impact in our lives through programs, policies and regulations. But we don't look at our relationship with the government in that way. So, some Black people believe that racism/white supremacy doesn't exist anymore.

When will our people see things deeper, look underneath the surface to get the real picture? Slavery is not mental, not physical. It is done through policy, regulation, who gets help and who doesn't. We must get our people beyond this state of oblivion by raising our conscienceness.