Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels, The Butler

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I took the family to see The Butler today, and IMO, it is a must see film. It made you mad at times (naturally) and made you shed tears. Because I came up in the 60's and was raised around folks that had to pick cotton,etc... I was able to relate to the movie as a whole. I liked the way MLK shined light on the negative view many of us have towards blacks that work as domestics.

This movie did a good job in showing the strife between the two generations of blacks. One generation understanding what it took to get the life that were living, and the other looking to throw off the chains of oppression.

If you can, see this movie by all means.

Peace!

I took the family to see The Butler today, and IMO, it is a must see film. It made you mad at times (naturally) and made you shed tears. Because I came up in the 60's and was raised around folks that had to pick cotton,etc... I was able to relate to the movie as a whole. I liked the way MLK shined light on the negative view many of us have towards blacks that work as domestics.

This movie did a good job in showing the strife between the two generations of blacks. One generation understanding what it took to get the life that were living, and the other looking to throw off the chains of oppression.

If you can, see this movie by all means.

Peace!

Oscar-Bait Alert: Lee Daniels' The Butler

11 hours ago, Wochit
Set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights movement, Lee Daniels' The Butler, which has just opened, stars Forest Whitaker as Cecil Gaines, who escapes the cotton fields of the South to work as a White House butler during seven presidential administrations, from 1957 to 1986. The job allows Cecil to create a comfortable, middle-class life for his wife, Gloria, played by Oprah Winfrey, and their two sons, Louis and Charlie. But Cecil's commitment to the first family leads to tensions at home. Gloria turns to booze and the affections of a neighbor, while Louis defies his dad and becomes a radical activist, protesting for racial equality
http://screen.yahoo.com/oscar-bait-alert-lee-daniels-180531786.html

Oscar-Bait Alert: Lee Daniels' The Butler

11 hours ago, Wochit
Set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights movement, Lee Daniels' The Butler, which has just opened, stars Forest Whitaker as Cecil Gaines, who escapes the cotton fields of the South to work as a White House butler during seven presidential administrations, from 1957 to 1986. The job allows Cecil to create a comfortable, middle-class life for his wife, Gloria, played by Oprah Winfrey, and their two sons, Louis and Charlie. But Cecil's commitment to the first family leads to tensions at home. Gloria turns to booze and the affections of a neighbor, while Louis defies his dad and becomes a radical activist, protesting for racial equality
http://screen.yahoo.com/oscar-bait-alert-lee-daniels-180531786.html

Bruh...when you see it, the first scene is going to remind you of a topic we just discussed on here. And you know, none of it was funny, you felt for the bruthas in that day, and in that situation, and your mouth may fly. Like I said, you didn't even know that whites were there they were so quiet.

Peace!

Bruh...when you see it, the first scene is going to remind you of a topic we just discussed on here. And you know, none of it was funny, you felt for the bruthas in that day, and in that situation, and your mouth may fly. Like I said, you didn't even know that whites were there they were so quiet.

Peace!

:donttell:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back