Black People : Lee Daniels at an HIV center; "So many Black woman, I thought I walked into a welfare office"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alarm Clock, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    (You cant make this up!)

[​IMG]
    “I walked into the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) center and I expected to see a room full of gay men. Well, there are nothing but women there. And the reason why women are there–black women with kids–I thought I had walked into the welfare office. They service black women with AIDS. Why? Because black men can’t come out. Why? Because you simply can’t do it.”
    http://breakingbrown.com/2013/08/le...r-i-thought-i-had-walked-into-welfare-office/

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    I was just about to post this.

3. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    The Ancestors are moving us both to another level Omowale

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :qqb009: i already did post it……..#127

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Wow!

In the video, he said that he was walking downstairs wearing his mother's red shoes, and his father beat him severly, and then he said that didnt stop him. I don't know his full story though, but I can see that the Butler film will be supported by president Obama because it ties in with his 'Gay marriage presidential theme'.

He basically says that Black woman with kids can be treated for HIV, but Gay men can't get the same fair treatment because society won't allow them to come out so they can get treated for health reasons. well, this issue makes me think about OBAMACARE, and the health issues that will have to be addressed in this regards too.

Gay marriages are now deemed acceptable by this government and this issue does affect certain other issues such as healthcare, the Church, the tax payer, and etc..

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i have known and been friends with numerous gay black men in my time.
    gay guy lived right across the street from me when i was a teen. we grew up together.
    gay black men CAN come out. and right in the ghetto along with everybody else.

daniels is a sick punk who is hiding behind an issue.

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :10500: seem like the freaky deaky cats is the ones getting the funding. co incidence?

8. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    If you research the gay rights movement, they are skillfull atusing negroes to help them get minority status!

It has been the Black straight man who has been descriminated for White collar jobs, and the Black gay chosen, in a White supremist corporate structure scared of the strong Black male image, and this discrimination has gone on since the 50s!

Gay marriage has been around since the time of Alexander the so called Great, and has been in the US since the US was a British colony, this ish mind you is to attain minority status and affirmative action setasides

Therefore, any company, contractor can once again be all White, by hiring their quota of White gays and Lesbians, and tell you and my daughter and son, with their degree and 4.0, "leave out the back door, we dont need your kind here"

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    HOLY COW! YOU'RE RIGHT!

It has been the Black straight man who has been descriminated for White collar jobs, and the Black gay chosen, in a White supremist corporate structure scared of the strong Black male image, and this discrimination has gone on since the 50s!

This government is coming after the straight Black men!--As well as other groups too, though.

And they are using Obama's presidential theme and men like Lee Daniel's to do this kind of work.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    This is the irony. Try to find an activist job. No place for straight Black men. I learned that quick the three months I was in ATL back in '08.

The fact is, Black gays are coming out, becoming more vocal, and creating an atmosphere where any one who does not support or play lip service to their cause is branded as a homophobe.

The interesting thing about many of Daniels' films are the theme of rape. It seems central to the plot of every film he directs.

What impression of Black people does this give Black youth concerning our history and present reality? Rape and slavery. If its not one fom of abuse it's another.