Black Positive People : lebron-james-to-open-public-school

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by jamesfrmphilly, Apr 13, 2017.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,465
    http://thegrio.com/2017/04/13/lebron-james-to-open-public-school/

LeBron James to open public school for at-risk kids

LeBron James is setting up a new school for at-risk kids, called the "I Promise School."
    thegrio.com

James will be setting up the school in his hometown of Akron, Ohio, and it will open in fall of 2018 for third and fourth graders. By 2022, the school is expected to have the first through eighth grades.

“This school is so important to me because our vision is to create a place for the kids in Akron who need it most — those that could fall through the cracks if we don’t do something,” said James.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Chidike

Chidike Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +144
    Thats why I've always liked Lebron, aside from some of the sell out stuff he's done, such as with that vogue magazine shoot, where they had him posing like he was King Kong with a white woman on his arm.....he has the background from coming from the hood and sticking to his people and doing for, also marrying a black woman and raising a black family,after coming from a family where his father was a loser.......can't say the same for the rest of these sell outs in entertainment and sports....