Black Spirituality Religion : Leaving Religion..Entering Spirituality

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by hawah25, Apr 27, 2009.

1. hawah25

hawah25 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.:hi: I've been lurking on this site for a while now, desperately trying to feed this hunger for truth. My eyes have been opened to this twisted form of slavery known as religion, and I am just beginning my journey to freedom. The problem is-there is sooo much information and at times I feel a bit confused. I think my problem is that I am trying to tackle too many tasks at once, with little direction. There is so much out there, and it is easy to be misdirected. My friend,whom I thank for awakening me to the truth recommended that I start with 2 books.

Christianity Before Christ by John G. Jackson and Stolen Legacy - Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy by George G.M. James

It is amazing how when you're a Christian, you read the bible with blind eyes. Blind to the contradictions:?:...two creation stories... God being a jealous God, then later stating that love is not jealous...God relenting, then saying he never relents, saying God doesn't make mistakes, yet he regretted that he made man...and etc...the oppression of woman, the fact that it is based on ancient beliefs systems that were in existence waay before Christianity, and the fact that it commands a person to supress their natural born abilities or to think that it is evil.

When I was younger and used to talk to the glowing orbs of light, or sense things, or feel a spirit in the room, Christianity told me these things were "of the devil, " and that I should fear them and ask that this "evil" should leave me...some of it did. I am just now beginning to explore these parts of myself and become more sensitive again with less fear.

Any thoughts/advice/opinions for a new truth seeker ?? :heart:

2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Peace Be unto you ...

You are definitely headed in the right direction. I would also like to suggest reading some of Gerald Massey writings. His information is very informative to say the least.

I've been right where you are at - believe me and you have a long journey ahead of you. The goal is to maintain your spiritual-soul connection to the Universal All (which you are an aspect of) while becoming fully enlightened to the realities of what has been embed into you. Click the link above and read thoroughly, by the time you live his information along with the other links to John G. Jackson, Yosef Ben-Jochannan, X-Pastor Ray Hagins (you can find him on youtube), and many more ...

Good tiding on your search but again ... I would like to suggest you watch Pastor Hagin's video series who was once a hardcore Christian pastor like I was:

Peace

Ru2religious

3. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Sounds like your on a good path, hawah25. You should go internal for the answers. Why don't you make a list of all the different faiths available and do a comparatives study. That should give you clarity about the nature of religion, organized and not. Ask yourself if religion works for you. And be honest about your answers. Then you should ask yourself if you are willing to pledge your life to something that cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. (This is America after all) If you are, Grrrrrreat! I'll throw you a cookout. But if the answer is no, maybe you should look to other sources.

Peace

4. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    RU2Religious and Bootzey both give excellent advice. I am also new to this but what little I can share then I will gladly do so.

If I had to recommend one thing and nothing else, it would be to listen to this Bobby Hemmitt talk http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ILLUMINATED-ONE/2009/03/24/Bro-Bobby-Hemmitt-Returns. In 2 hours, he essentially clears the path for you, and it is such a shame I didnt know all he said a year ago. Another good talk is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theremix/2009/02/14/Bobby-Hemmitt-

Don't become disheartened, or disillusioned after while. It is not going to be easy but nothing worthwhile ever is. The universe (I use this term for simplicity) will help you out. Events will line up in such an uncanny way to help you get to where you need to be; learn to follow your intuition, seek the guidance of your ancestors and you will be okay.

Alexandra

5. hawah25

hawah25 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx yall for the advice! I will definitely look into everything you all mentioned.

6. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    This brotha is droppin it heavy

Don't worry if you don't understand what he is saying right away. Upon your spiritual journey, go back this video and see if it starts making a little more sense from time 2 time.

Hotep

7. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Welcome Hawah25!

Ur intro is wonderful. IMHO, anyway:SuN033:

I also suggest:

"Africans Who Wrote The Bible" by Dr. Alex Darkwah
    "Egypt Revisited" by Ivan Van Sertima

Revelation 3
    http://www.amengansie.com/hittie.html

Revelation 1 & 2
    http://kathmanduk2.wordpress.com/2008/02/16/black-history-month-did-black-women-author-the-bible/

....and when you really get ready to put things into perspective

also -- read "When GOD Was A Woman" by Merlin Stone

If more black people rose to the level of spirituality and dropped the shackles of religion -- I guarantee our overall condition would change.

The GODDESSES and GODS are patient and still waiting.....have a safe, sane mental voyage

8. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Peace and Many Blessings

I actually gave up eating meat completely.....

and liquor... and herb....

quitting cigarettes also....

been drinking all water... eating fish.. fruit and veg....

also been reading much....

and listening only to krs-one right now for the time being....

so many things effect the brain and body...

but i find the more i purify my body.... i become more in tune with my mind and spirit....

in any event....

i take time each day to sit quietly and try not to let my thoughts race...

then i just let the inspiration come...

i remind myself that i am not the body but the concious light that is within ....