Leave Soy Milk Alone

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Dual Karnayn, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    It irritates the digestive system and I believe it's one of the causes of Irittable Bowel Syndrome .

2. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I hope that's not true cuz I been drinkin chocolate soymilk up the ying yang these days!!! :(

3. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    HOLDIN NOSE***** THAT EXPLANS IT!:uhh:

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    :haha: :haha: :haha: That's pretty good poetic!

5. GmoneyP2010

GmoneyP2010 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree the best milk for african americans is RICE MILK ., Cows milk is not meant for human consumption either. its for the baby cattle.

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

What are you basing this information upon? Is this your personal experience? I have no problem with soy milk. What I do have a problem with is animal products. Ever since I got away from animal products I haven't had any problems with digestions. Before I was drinking an Alke-Selzer cocktail everyday if not twice a day sometimes. You may indeed have a problem with soy products. Being one of the causes for IBS is a stretch though don't you think?

Peace...

7. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    lol that cow's milk does that..ive been drinking soy milk for a minute..and my stomach is happy.

8. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The soybean is one of the most nutritious of all foods. It belongs to the family of legumes or pulses and is perhaps one of the earliest crops cultivated by man. It is one of the most important sources of oil and protein. The Aryans of Central Asia considered soya, along with honey, as sacred food to be offered to the departed. The ancient yogis of the Indus Valley civilization supplemented their meatless diet with this bean to ward off any deficiencies of good quality protein.

The soybean is a native of the Far East. It has been an important food crop in China, Manchuria and Korea long before the dawn of human history. It is now very popular crop of the world over, and is widely cultivated in the United States, Europe, South Africa, Egypt, Russia, Australia and other countries. In recent years several countries like Brazil, Mexico, Rumania, Paraguay and Argentina have substantially increased their soybean production. India too has joined the 'soybean race' in its expansion program, and there is growing awareness among the consumers in the country of the potential uses of soybean.

The soybean is esteemed for its high food value. It is a valuable source of protein, vitamins, minerals and other food ingredients. It also contains vitamin B complex, biotin, folic acid, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine and vitamin E. It is particularly valued for its high-protein content of great biological value. Its protein is 'complete,' as it contains all the essential amino acids or building blocks of protein in the proportions that make them most available and most valuable for human needs. It is the best of all vegetable proteins and ranks in this respect with protein of milk, eggs and animal flesh. But soybean contains by far more protein than these articles.

The soybean contains many medicinal virtues. While most of the proteins are acid in their ash, soybean is rich in alkaline*-bearing salts, and hence regarded as a corrective diet. The Chinese, who consume soybeans liberally, believe that it makes the body plump, improves the complexion, stimulates the growth and removes constipation and many other physical ailments. Modern researches carried out in the laboratories in Europe and America have corroborated many of these claims.

The soybean, especially in the form of milk, is highly beneficial in the treatment of several ailments. Soybean milk is on par in importance with cow's milk in feeding children. Investigations have shown that 90% of the soybean protein is absorbed in the body, and 95 to 100% of the milk is digested. Soybean milk is very helpful in maintaining intestinal health. The soybean curd is a health food par excellence. It is better than soybean milk in taste and aroma, and it very much resembles the dairy curd. Its regular use will help maintain the intestinal health, prevent diseases arising from defective digestion, and retard the aging process.

One of the chief uses of soybeans is as a source of lecithin, which is a great natural emulsifier. Lecithin - as is well known - helps disperse deposits of fatty materials and cholesterol in certain vital organs. It is rich in substances which are important for the proper functioning of all living cells in the body. It is also an important component around brain and nerve cells. Lecithin is so abundant in soybeans that most of the lecithin used commercially comes from them.

The soybean contains a fairly large amount of carbohydrates, but there is little or no starch in it. It is, therefore, regarded as a very suitable food for diabetic patients. Its carbohydrate produces heat and energy in the body without causing sugar to appear in the urine.

The soybean is regarded as a valuable food remedy in eczema and other skin affections. It renders unnecessary the use of animal protein (i.e., meat), eggs and milk, and thus reduces the inflammatory activities in the skin, and is free from the tendency to produce sensitivity or allergic reactions that so frequently attend the users of all animal proteins. When soybean is taken liberally, the intense itching diminishes almost immediately and disappears completely after a few days. The skin lesions also often vanish after some days. Improvement in skin health presumably occurs due to its lecithin content ‑ a natural emulsifier which helps disperse fatty deposits and cholesterol from vital organs. Being rich in iron, the soybean has been found beneficial in the treatment of anemia. As, however, the anemic patients suffer from weak digestion, it should be given to them in a very light form which may be easily digested.

Soybeans are used in other forms such as flour, green beans, sprouts and oil. Soya flour is one of the most widely used products of soybean. In the West, the soybean flour industry has grown to immense proportions. It is by far more nutritious than the wheat flour. It contains 15 times as much calcium, seven times as much phosphorus, 10 times as much iron, 10 times as much thiamine and nine times as much riboflavin as wheat flour.

Soybeans contain a factor that inhibits the action of the digestive enzyme trypsin. However, this factor can be destroyed by heating.

http://www.indiangyan.com/books/healthbooks/food_that_heal/soybean.shtml#Food

9. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Soybeans contain a number of toxins that must be remove before consuption.

East Asians are the worlds largest consumers of soy products and they also have the highest rate of stomach/intestinal cancer than any other place on Earth.

Is that a coincidence....I don't know.

There are numerous websites that can show you evidence of how dangerous soy is for human consumption and it definately not native to our diet as Black people.
    That ain't our thang.

Like most of you, I also found out after nearly 30 years that I was actually allergic to cows milk too.

But it didn't affect my stomach, but made me cough a lot because it produces a lot of mucus in the body...espcecially in the winter time.

So I started using SOY milk because of the taste but soon developed major digestive problems that sent me to the emergency room.
    God blessed me to refuse the operation they wanted to perform and later on I found out that soy milk binds up in the intestines and colon and causes many problems.

I stopped drinking it months ago and since then my problems have eased.

Some people don't know how to put 2 and 2 together and they can't relate thier medical problems with what they're doing to themselves.

Something as simple as changing the windshield on your car can improve your general eye-sight to the point you don't even need glasses anymore.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587

"Soybeans contain a factor that inhibits the action of the digestive enzyme trypsine. However, this factor can be destroyed by heating."

This "enzyme" can have some adverse results for Type "A" and if I have to heat soy milk to make it safe for consumption then I must pass. I ususally restrict milk consumption for eating cold cereal.

Now, this would allow for use in oatmeal, which can have much health benefit. High protein combined with high fiber. Provided both are heated sufficiently.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is soy milk good for black people

2. black people and soy

3. soy products and african american

4. soy milk bad for black people,
  5. how come soy isnt good for black people