Black Muslims : Leaders Are A Reflection Of The People

Discussion in 'Islam Study Group' started by noor100, Sep 30, 2010.

1. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    In terms of Qur'aanic and Sunnah teachings, rulers are the reflections of the deeds of the nation. A spiritually degenerate people will be saddled with a corrupt and oppressive regime. A spiritually and morally refined nation will be blessed with a benevolent and wise ruler.

"The true remedy for calamaties is the reformation of deeds.

2. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

Rulers are the reflections of the deeds of a nation...

So, if your ruler is a slave master then is it a reflection of past deeds of a nation?

I think the true rememdy for calamaties is reformation of thoughts, because thoughts dictate deeds or actions and actions and deeds equal expectancy

a leader holds the "best interest of his/her people", a leader is not nominated to serve the interests of a group

being a servant to ones' people does not necessarily mean those same people will accept the leadership

if a leader is a reflection then a leader is a follower, the trend follower

3. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    I believe it is thoughts and deeds...Yes those who have been oppressed have to start asking themselves some hard questions...instead of always playing victims...The truth will set us free...This is not defending those that oppressed but if we are to learn and change and grow we need to have a understanding of the bigger picture.

4. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    i agree

it's tough to lead, when the path is unknown to the people, because in order to gain trust, people always require physical proof

it's like they create victims, and then give a reason why ur a victim

i think we all can grasp the big picture, but we actually don't perceive thru the reality that we know is our birthrite

i mean i listen often to people talk, and they think because they've willed money and other blessings into their existence this is somehow GOD's favor

and most of the time it is thru perceived desperation that they attain a "blessing"

and im not a muslim, but i do support them

i thought you were a guy innocently, because the article i read that you posted struck me as a "male perspective"

i meant no insult toward you

peace

5. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    I wanted to say also that it is a right and must to fight and struggle against evil and oppression as well as dealing with ourselves.

6. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

Would you say that this is infighting perhaps?

I mean if you look to find and fight a devil everyday, then you will find what you expect....

Would you consider this a possible means of division or rather diversion?

and what is evil in your words?

And I am certain that you know what the Q'uran says but what say u, from the depths of ur soul..

How do you feel with regard to what exactly evil is?

I'm not an evil "doer" so I'm not really knowledgeable in "evil" although I understand the concept

like I understand many concepts, but am not that

How do you feel about the "place" of a woman in Islam?

The separation of man and women for prayer?

The dress if the husband is so inclined to "cover your beauty?"

How do you feel about the "animal sacrafice" ritual

by all means if you want to move any of this into the "study group"

How do you feel about an Iman having many wives?

maybe as "sisters" with different perspectives and views we may be able to have interactions that are beneficial and civilized

and Malcolm X's conversion to Islam and how being incarcerated at the time of conversion is crucial

Malcolm was a great leader, and served well the people

It is very important to identify yourself through yourself

7. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    Those are a lot of questions...there is already a lot of information on some of these questions already.I will respond to some of them.
    Yes evil can be within and without...no one is perfect...Jihad is on different levels...against injustices in society as well as the struggle against our own nafs[lower desires].

The role of women in Islam has been made very plain in Islam...Our first duty is to our Lord,next home and family....Also a muslim woman can work...there are muslim women who are doctors,nurses,etc.Its preferably should be in a segregated environment that is all female
    but one cannot find that in this country...Allah meant for the roles of men and women to be complementary and not competitive.
    The greatest honor for a muslim woman is to be a good muslim,a good and understanding
    wife and mother who raised worthy children...our rewards in the next life will be based on these things.But as i said one can work,especially if its something that will be of good to society,even volunteer work,helping others but complimentary to our nature as women.

Concerning the separation of the sexes in prayer...men have been made leaders in the home and society...a woman can only lead women in prayer.

I did not understand your question about the dress.

The way muslim slaughter the animals that we eat is more merciful then the way others killed animals.

On a man having more then one wife...Polygamy goes way back into biblical times where a man could have as many wives as he want...Islam came and reduce the number to 4 and gave other stipulations concerning equal treatment of the wives etc.
    I feel that polygamy is not for everyone but very good for others...one should go into it with the best intentions and not for ego and selfish reasons.
    Are you a sister?

I love Brother Malcolm and i agree[May Allah reward him with the highest of paradise]