Pan Africanism : Lead When Necessary, Follow When Ordered

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by ProphetikGeneral, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ProphetikGeneral

ProphetikGeneral Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    A Critique of Modern Leadership and What Our Movements Presently Need

“I’m willing to act, if I can find brave men and women willing to help me.”- Dr. Carter G. Woodson.

The good doctor wasn’t alone in this thought process as I too share his concern and zeal to help the race, however, there are certain racial codes that need resurgence. We first can’t understand our battle for liberation if we’re stuck on the battle against ourselves.

The intellectuall sparring must cease. Gone are the days of ancestor scholars John Henrik Clarke and Amos Wilson in physical form. We have but their words to live by but had we heeded their words when they were on this side, we’d be on a better side in liberating the race.

Some ask, “why do you speak consistently of liberation?”

I speak liberation for the voiceless that wish they could speak. If my people have been so subjected and cast down, but not destroyed, we have nowhere to go but up.

What are your thoughts? Where do you feel so-called Black leadership continues failing and what can be done to truly unify the wise of us?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :11100: don't criticize. go out and lead.

3. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403

I second this. You know, sometimes you want to scream,"Black liberation aint' a Rubix Cube!" However, much of our efforts presently are spent on liberating the next two generations.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

In regards to "failing", our "leadership" is failing to properly TRAIN our youth.

Thus we are losing in warfare directed at us, because our youth don't really know how to defend themselves under attack. That is why they are shooting at each other rather than their mortal enemy.

What can be done?

More effective cadre training and political education, along with basic educational foundational work.

5. ProphetikGeneral

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    Absolutely. This is where the succeeding generation lost it from the previous. Each generation of African people is supposed to represent the continuity of the last. There were great strategists of the last generation(i.e. Dr. Clarke, Dr. Ani, Dr. Ben, Dr. Kwesi, Dr. Barashango),and its now incumbent upon the next generation to lead based on the implementation of those strategies.

Honestly, there are a lot of folks that claim "consciousness" but miss the next step. I tell groups all the time, if one is to claim consciousness, then where are their war preparations?

When I attend community events(i.e. lectures/networking events), yes many wear Dashikis, Khufis, love to pour libations and burn incense, but I always ask them, what scholars do you read? When I vend for one of my Black bookstores at one of these events, I usually take 200 books, and maybe four will sell.

Our people are ready for no warfare. How can our people lead anywhere at this point when we don't even manufacture our own shoes?Booker T. Washington had the right formula in his attempts to industrialize the race.