Black People : LaVena Johnson

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl

Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Well-Known Member MEMBER

N/A
    Ratings:
    +86
  2. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +956
  3. Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl

Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Well-Known Member MEMBER

N/A
    Ratings:
    +86
    Thanks...Shaka64

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    First I saw of it. I signed the petition, though. :thumbsup:

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I'm a vet, and I know there are centers set up to specifically treat, and care for service men and women that have gone thru many of these same things by other service personal. I was ignorant of these types of assault until I walked into a center looking for job assistance.

Peace!

6. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I said a lot on the other thread concerning the tragic death of this young sister, along with this invincible mind-set that goes on in the military, especially when it comes to African-Americans. I heard that rapes were going on in the military a couple of years prior to this incident through the media, but I had no idea that murders where going along with them. I remember getting very close to this black female who served in the navy. She spoke of abuse in her life, but she put it on her childhood experiences growing up in the Catholic church. I always suspected that some of it had something to do with her time in the military. But at the same time, she spoke as if the military was the best thing that ever happened to her...go figure. What was strange about this girl was, one half of her was pro-black, and the other half of her showed to be a potential snitched. Sometimes I think the only reason she was so pro-black, was because she was about Lupita Nyongs complexion. Other than that, she grew up around whites, and was adopted by white parents, but she had a banging body. At one time we had near perfect chemistry, even before we got close. I remember almost getting into a fist fight with a younger navy guy because I was able to get with her, and he wasn't. He was so silly that one day, he and a couple of other military guys began joking about molestation in front of me. I guess he was trying to indicate that he knew something about this girl. Now how bad of a sore loser can you be? These are just some of the wicked petty mind-sets I witnessed in some of those guys. You got some in every crowd. Then you wonder why you hear about guys going off in some of those places. The next day after these eggheads did all that signifying, rapes in the military hit the media, leaving them looking like some fools with their pants down. They looked at me as though I had some connection to the spiritual world. We all do, but you have to watch what comes out of your mouth. There's no military that high.

What I can't understand is, why would a woman in the military, who even came close to anything like this, or who even heard about anything like this, not say anything to other women about these things once they got out. Somebody has to know something. On that same note, nobody have any business sending their daughter to the military, especially black parents. As for the men, although it's rare, some of them probably don't report it because they may have been raped in the military themselves. Then again, a report said it happened to men more, another cover up that's come to light. Men get raped more than women in general, when you combine it with prison rapes, but we look at that as a joke. If this happened to a guy in the military, it would be tough for him to report this if he seen it happened to somebody else, male or female. If he does, they will expose what happened to him, making him a laughing stock. But when it comes to murder, you're taking it to another level.

It's good to see the LaVena Johnson story getting exposure. I immediately signed the petition.

7. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +956
    Right on United we stand Divided we fall

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You can't be "half" pro-black. You either are for (pro) black people or you're not. And please stop making absurd commentary about skin color.

Please. :bye:

9. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    This was really about her. Why she sometimes gave me that impression of a snitch a few years down the road should be of more concern, not just her skintone, which obviously nobody was trying to turn her down because of.

I hope you signed the petition.

10. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    Yes brother...

And believe there are even more cases in which need to be brought to justice, to be recognized, and a few generations of our warriors which are in need.

Many brothers, along with fighting for ailments from the gulf war to be recognized by itself, were released with a medical discharge for depression rather than ptsd... because of the misdiagnosis, were given medications and treatments which hindered rather than helped.
    Some people took the meds, while others like myself self medicated to forget those ghosts. And it wasn't until I cleared myself from the vices that I recognized exactly what it was and fought for the correction.
    It's a shame though that most organizations now are geared to this era of wounded vets and not those which fell through the cracks.
    And it is good that cases like this are now recognized instead of placed behind fake up roars from other non issues like hair