Black People : Laugh...You know You wanna...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Jun 8, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +162
  3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't think it's funny, but I think that it has some truth to it. Rap and it's ignorant ways are not black at all. I didn't know about Davy Crockett saying those things, but I know that rap is one thing that gets alot of airtime and makes us look like that's all we're about.

4. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone who changes the Para Diem of that foolishness that states what is or what isn't Black or White. And the wording he uses in expressing his opinion is not only funny to me; but it is hilarious. And the fact that he takes this back to "Davey Crockette" (which I think is a stretch)... still got me giggling.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I read Stanley Crouch weekly (he usually turns my stomach). I don't know if anyone is familiar with Gregory Kane (columinist for the Baltimore Sun), but I think these guys are brothers. Many newspapers have a conservative Black...a Negro as Mr. Crouch foundly says, who either puts down the community or flag waves on a weekly basis. Apparently it is very profitable. When it comes to the NYDaily News....I look forward to the columns of Karen Hunter.

6. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Karen is okay, but I remeber she and I had a few heated emails after 9-11. Now that you mention these things they are very familiar, Kane and Crouch... and both don't like it if you point out their mistakes... or their errors... and both profess to not like Bush, and .... well, you get the pic...like I said "Reluctant A-Kissers."