Black People : Latino suburb welcomes illegals

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Apr 1, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4867106.stm

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    *sighs*.....

I live in Mexico, it's normal for them to make themselves at........home sweet home:wb:

:grouphug:

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Why do we always get pushed out of neighborhoods? It is easy to see how whites are able to gentrify black communities (raising property taxes, skillful use of emminent domain, converting factors/empty buildings into expensive condos, etc); however, other ethnic groups who can't afford to do these things are still successful at pushing us off our land. I've seen the same thing happen in my native Chicago, and am at a loss to how these Hispanics are taking over black neighborhoods. Although clearly illegal immigration plays a significant factor in their ability to flood neighborhoods.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    well brother Pan, I have been thinking about this alot lately and came to some hard conclusions, based on experience and some keen observations.

for example, i am a single male, recently retired from the public school system and have not worked a day in the past 10 months but need to find work soon so as not to find myself broke and homeless, after having to pay some capital gains tax oas a result of a home sale...lol

my family thinks i am crazy for retiring early and contemplating taking a minimum wage job if necessary but i believe a low paying job is better than no job at all and here is the key...

say i work 40 hrs per week at %5 an hour and this bringgs in $800 per month before taxes. this would barely pay my mortgage and insurance so i would have to take on a second job to cover at least a living expense of around $3,000 permonth, or i would be forced to let go or sell some investment property and sell back my truck in order to save a monthly car note...

well, not to stereotype but many "immigrant" families will have several family members take on those low skill, minimum wage jobs and 3 or 4 members would bring in $2400-3200 per month to my 800....and at the same time, they have family members out canvassing the neighborhood for paid work doing a variety of "landscaping and multiservices"...the same type of work that i was taught to do by my father in childhood but can not find enough BLACK men to assist me in doing this exact same labor today such as tree trimming, planting, lawn, gardening, fence repair, appliance installation, mulching, glassware, bricklaying, flatstone, pavestone, drywall repair and replacement, retaining wall repair, etc, etc, etc, etc....oh...and let me not forget my favorite, PAINTING...

this issue was on my mind thrusdaywhile i was mowing my lawn, and doing some weed removal when a hispanic guy came by and handed me one of his flyers...

at the same time i have been thinking that instead of working for $40 a day at walmart i would most likely be better of performing some of the same services and if i had a wife or girlfriend to help me then two incomes would be better than one and we could POOL OUR RESOURCES.....and hire additional labor in a partnership...

THIS IS HOW BLACK PEOPLE USED TO DO IT BUT THOSE DAYS ARE GONE FOR THE MOST PART AND AS WE BECOME PRICED OUT OF OUR NEIGHBORHOODS I STILL MAINTAIN IT IS BECAUSE WE PREFER TO DO NO WORK AT ALL RATHER THAN MENIAL LABOR...

by the way, the main reason i have not been around as much is because i have my own business operations which i am devoting more attention to so that i can generate some income in oder to cover my "overhead"...and so that i don't have to go into my retirement savings or take out a second mortgage...lol!

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

okay, now let's look at another factor. in chicago, the latinos cme in years ago and startedtaking over the narcotics trafficking in heroin...

in los angeles the latinos came in and took over the marijuana trade during the 70s and then introduced the cocaine trade on the street level, after establishing a monopoly on the marijuana trade.....now they are pressing the Black gangs in the prison system and squeeaing out the Black Guerilla Family for control of the "crack" trade.....and terrorizing Black families in the process while overrunning and depressing formerly Black neiighborhoods...the whites then come back in as developers and create various arts districts near areas of blight such as "Skid Row" to the point that you end up with high rise condos and "customized lofts" right around the corner of massive homeless Black folks....I have seen this in los angeles, baltimore, and most recently, austin, texas...I am sure it is a pattern occuring in many other cities but these are the three that i have witnessed over the past 15 months...

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    You make me wanna scream

Exact same pattern, Brother O, that occurred in Miami, FL.

Gosh brother, you are so on point that it boggles the mind as to WHY Black people can't get it together. We need to stop thinking and living independently and think/live more collectively. Shared resources and a business mindset is the key for us. This is why I have no illusions that marriage should only be for people who are "in love." Sure, if some people have those romantic notions, that's fine too. But we should be about thinking in diverse ways that can build up a solid and healthy state of Black America. I used to laugh whenever I saw 50 Mexicans piled in one car/truck, not realizing they were all supporting each other and working the kinds of jobs that most Black folk wouldn't think twice about. Public support and government "handouts" (welfare) have crippled many of our people and stolen their sense of pride and instinct to survive. Many of us are willing to let someone else pay our way, giving us a few dollars so they can spend it the minute they get it, putting it right back into the system making other people richer. I believe in the concept of cooperatives. I'm not opposed to polygamy as an alternative lifestyle. It's not about SEX, it's about BUILDING together. Name ONE neighborhood that WE OWN! We may live there in great numbers but just how do WE OWN it? I would submit, that IF we owned our neighborhoods, ran our businesses, represented us on city councils and schoolboards, got rid of the thieving preachers, groomed and voted us into political offices (to name a few) others would be hard pressed to move us out of OUR neighborhoods. Cubans OWN Miami, not just live there in majority numbers, and their numbers are spreading throughout the State. We BORROW the land we live on in this country. We are constantly being pushed around like silly putty. We complain, but we move. Until we start tying all the knowledge we share in these thousands of threads together and understand that they ALL play a role in our survival...no separately...but collectively...economics, education, spirituality, business, love, culture....on and on and on....this is what a COMMUNITY is about...until we understand the critical role that all of these topics play in the lives of Black people, we will continue to wear these concrete weights around our ankles in the middle of the ocean. Mexicans have figured it out, Cubans have figured it out, Jews have figured it out....and who else besides us? Can we still blame it all on racism?

Queenie :jumping:

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Queenie,

Laugh no longer at those 50 mexicans earning $800 a month because they are car pooling and pooling their incomes which makes tha $40k a monthwhich is more than enough to houe and feed all of them and also enough of them where the women provide their own childcare and make extra money doing domestic work on the side...these are MICRO-nations at work who are "exporting" much of that capital to their relavites across the borders...

There was a time when Black folks used to do the SAME EXACT thang!!

I KNOW, that is how my folks migrated into california my networking with various "extended family" members while each mouth that had to be fed that was capable of picking cotton, potatoes or grapes, cleaning house, ironing or providing other domestic chores did so until they were then able to own their own retaurants, tailor shops, markets and gas stations...along with my great -grandfather's local hot dog stand, when he wasn't driving the church bus!!!

Many of our eleders have passed on (Peace Be Unton Them) and our extended networks have collapsed as well, including miine, to a degree, as our family units have become "nuclearized"...you ask ,

"Can we still blame it on racism?"

Let me answer your question this way sister Queen if I may....

In the event of the 1992 los angeles "uprising" there were old, long term, Black businesses which were LANDMARKS in the Black community that were burned to the ground by Black people...these establishments were not rebuilt, and many areas remain idle storefronts or vacant lots and Black business leaders have not stepped up to develop these areas..

as the OT correctly states,

"My People are DESTROYED for a lack of KNOWLEDGE"...

In some areas, this self-destruction has become total and complete...

One Love!
    Omowale...

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585