Pan Africanism : Latino or Hispanic is it classified as ones Race or Culture???

IntuitioninMD

BANNED
Nov 5, 2004
:grouphug: I have noticed over and over that the statistics for Black people are being compared to Latino and Hispanic people. When you create a statistic - I believe for the statistic to be valid that like things are suppose to be compared.

So.. I would like to know how the Destee Community feels about this topic.

Do you think that Latino or Hispanic is a person's race or culture?

I will provide more feedback after some members had a chance to reply.

IntuitioninMD said:
:grouphug: I have noticed over and over that the statistics for Black people are being compared to Latino and Hispanic people. When you create a statistic - I believe for the statistic to be valid that like things are suppose to be compared.

So.. I would like to know how the Destee Community feels about this topic.

Do you think that Latino or Hispanic is a person's race or culture?

I will provide more feedback after some members had a chance to reply.

I think Latino is a culture, not a race. A latino can be white, brown, black or a mixture of the three.

I've met some white and brown mexicans and dominicans both identified themselves as hispanic.

Moo moo said:
We are a culture. Self-defined. Hispanic is what your "white Americans" want to call us...... but we are "Latino" and of the "Americas"

From the "White" perspective, you have been segregated as "Black" (though many other nations had slavery of Africans as well) and in 2004 that mentality persists.

When you say "you have been segregated as Black" this is a very misguided quote. All former slave colonies segregated black people from whites and mulattoes. Without exception. You need to chill with the them(black americans) vs Us

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back