Black People : Last night in Birmingham..

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by iAwesome23, Mar 24, 2012.

1. iAwesome23

iAwesome23 Member MEMBER

Military
    Ratings:
    +4
    A young black man walking down the street was gunned down, robbed and left for dead. Funny, I'm yet to see any media coverage on CNN or Fox News about this. As a young black man myself, anytime I left the house at night, I don't worry about some racist hoping out of a truck kidnapping me and hanging me, which is why I'm kind of frustrated with the media portrayal of black parents and how they fear their children will be the victims of hate crimes or whatever. Its just not reality. Another problem I have with the media is their immediate portrayal of George Zimmerman as a "racist". Now, don't get me wrong, its pretty obvious that this guy needs to be in jail yesterday, but you have to think why this guy did what he did anyway. He thought the kid was going to rob somebody. Why? Because apparently young black men in that area rob people. Its not justification for murdering an innocent human being, but its his rationale. So, along with George Zimmerman, I blame those young black males that rob people in that area with Trayvons murder. At the end of the day, they uphold the sterotypes. I guess my point is that I'm tired of black people looking for scapegoats. Of course we're unfairly stereotyped....but people also uphold them, then things like this happen. George Zimmerman isn't "our problem".

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

:hello: iAwesome23 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining! I agree with you on many points, and am glad you've shared with us!

I've been saying the same thing a long time ... Black Men are dying every single day ... and lives wasted in prisons.

Each one must count ... each life ... but in the mean time ... you make sure you stay safe!

Please make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    This murder took place in a "gated community."

Trayvon was returning to his own parents' home in that gated community; but Zimmerman decided he looked "out of place" there being a Black youth.

He could have been a Black man with a briefcase in a $800 suit; and Zimmerman would have shot him too.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    What are the details of this young man's death in Birmingham?

Sadly, young Blacks get killed every day in this country...by White hands and by Black hands.

Moreover, every time anyone is killed, it's not note-worthy to be "national news."

Trayvon's death is receiving national coverage because this is a travesty of justice.

Trayvon's death was a murder, a lynching, and an execution, while his murderer is still free.

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

People of all groups commit crimes , by your assertion then it would be rational to hunt and murder white men any time you see them near a child? You know? Penn State, the catholic church?

Innocent people should not be shot and killed because of the crimes of people who resemble them,that is completely irrational.

I do not think it is necessary for black people to play the "blame our selves , we need to do this and that game and then we will be safe once we make the whites/non blacks feel safe game" . Bottom line is Skip Gates was lucky he didn't get shot and killed.

You say; "he thought the kid was going to rob somebody" that is totally irrational the guy was walking home,the fact that some blacks commit crimes, does not equal a license to harass,assault,question,or kill random people who are not committing crimes.

You should understand that this is deep racial mental illness on the part of the shooter,the "they all look the same" syndrome. Even if all black americans were Jesus Christ himself and the angels,they would still attempt to murder you.

Blaming young black men in the Sanford FL area for Treyvon Martin's murder is far from rational , it is a byproduct of irrational and overly self critical subservient culture.

Those blacks over there don't represent these blacks over here,racists know this but still use the black crime cloak as an excuse to carry out their murders.

No the average Black person does not fear attacks from white supremacists on a day to day basis,but at the same time every time a white skinned supremacist/Anti Black Hater of any race murders an innocent unarmed black person , we don't need the "it's your fault because some people that look like you are crooks" routine,that is old and played out.

what's next? Blacks are being punished because we are not living by the bible??lol

By Birmingham I'll take it that you mean Birmingham AL? Was there not an affluent Black neighborhood there back in the day,that was bombed by white supremacists, off of sheer jealousy not black males committing crimes?

A few years back there were a couple of skin heads arrested for planning to kill Obama, a half Black man in a suit no less.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    while I agree many of our youth/black young men are killed and no media/ news of it or any sort
    but i will not and can't see justice in this white man action on Trayvon and to say because of other robbing
    of blacks in the area connects to this young man death, this was an act of racist/hate and unjustice because of his skin

Black on black is no better many of the youth are gunned down by there own hand as well this all indeed our problem
    that so many of our what would be future is being destroyed daily , just what they want and love seeing .........
    I don't think we looking at Zimmerman as a scapegoat to blame for many of our self inflicted crimes but that he cold hearted
    out of hate shot and killed an unarmed /child who cry for help while being gun down and they still allow him freedom to walk
    treated him like he's an hero ....I'm very happy to see what i'm seeing in this wrongful killing.

We as a people have a lot of work to do and issues to deal with as well but this was a cold blooded murder
    and i'm happy to know there's a bounty on his head !

God bless this child family

7. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Okay, call me paranoid ... but, just because somebody joins Destee.com yesterday, shortly after our recent DenialOfService attack, and uploads a picture of a young black male as his avatar, that doesn't mean he is a young black male.

I mean, just think about it. Have you _ever_ in your life heard a young black male, who wears his hat so stereotypically ghetto sideways as in iAwesome23's avatar, express points of view as he did? His post is exactly what I would expect to hear from the mouth of Sanford Sheriff Bill Lee.

Any young brother who looks like iAwesome23's avatar knows -- I means absolutely, positively, knows 100% that Zimmerman is a flat out racist because young brothers who look like iAwesome23's avatar get hasseled by bigots like Zimmerman every day of their life.

Something just don't smell right here. iAwesome23 smells more like iFalseFlagPsyOp to me.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Well Brother Istlota ... since you asked ... yes, it is a bit paranoid ... as well as disruptive, unnecessary, and rude.

I mean really ... you're gonna profile this new Member, based on how he's wearing his hat ... or because his thinking, or expression of thot, doesn't fit in the box you've created in your mind for Black People, or Young Black Men ... talking about the person smells ... even giving them some ugly name to go along with the smell ... all of this over just one post ... one respectful post i might add, as they did nothing but express their opinion, without cursing us, calling us out of our name or any of the things that would put them in violation.

What if he is a real live young Brother?! You've just offended him, making larger the chasm between your generation and his.

Would it not be more wise, to give him time to prove he's all of the ugly things you say he is, for surely he will if he is.

We whine and cry about folk profiling us ... but look ... we do it too ... to each other ... based on the flimsiest criteria.

We've become the very thing we claim to hate ... a mirror image of our oppressor.

Destee

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

fits the bill

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

that's what the white folk say too ... about us ... you're sound'n jes like 'em

Destee