Black Relationships : Ladies, What to you makes a Brother unattractive?

I love confidence, and a black man who is proud of who he is. I love dark skin and that's what I'm generally attracted to, but I also know some very sweet looking light skinned men. I've read much about thugs in this forum-I don't mind a man with corn rows, but I'm not into the "gangster" type. Some men wear their pants slightly loose and are all into the Nike, Fila, Sean Jean, Fubu but still work and take care. No selling drugs or "scrub" types. Someone with morals. Really all he has to be is a sweet guy, no matter what he looks like, whether he's educated or not, or whether he makes minimun wage or has a six figure income. Arogant men are a turn-off for me.

How many ways can a brotha turn me of..

"let me count the ways"
  • bad breath
  • bad feet
  • bad bulge (below the wais dont count :) )
  • always got ashy hands
  • elbows too
  • dry crackd lips
  • dirty nails
  • hairy.. hairy hairy.. back.. , chest
  • they look like they just got out of bed, eye boogers still in eye
  • CLUMPS OF DEODERANT UNDER THE BUSH OF AN ARMPIT
  • TEETH LOOKS LIKE HE HAD CONCRETE CHIPS WITH A SIDE OF ROCKS FOR BREAKFAST

'Cleanliness is next the Godliness'

Bad hygiene makes ANYONE, unattractive..With that said a man that keeps himself up.. is attractive, obviously.

Physically
Some of the things I can't stand is ashiness, and nail biting..

What I do love though is straight teeth, a gorgeous smile will just make me melt.. It's also something about a men in the corporate world with locs. A men with locs is bad enough.. *bites fist*.. but its something about a suit.. that does it for me.. ALSO.. I like tall men.. I'm short myself so any guy that is taller than me.. is a plus..

In response to Shanna, I feel you girl.. The whole 'thug' image doesn't do it for me. But I don't knock that becuase you are a product of your environment. It baffles me that girls are actally attracted to the whole long white tees, baggy jeans, tims etc etc thing..

As mama always say 'birds of a feather flock together'.. Not only is the appearance unsightly the lifestyle associated with it.. is a major turn off.. Don't get me wrong.. Its nothing wrong with a guy in jeans, cap etc etc.. I think its more so the lifestyle that comes with this 'thug' image.. that urks me.

Its a fine line b/w confidence and arrogance as well.. and when its crossed.. you become a turn off..

as long as he's clean and presents himself in a good manner, then he's ok in my book.
but i dont want a stinky man up under me or around me for that matter. looks arent everything to me i'll give any guy a chance if he's sweet, and mature,and he has to be well educated i want someone who can be on the same level as me. you feel me?
-body odor is definately inappropiate
-bad teeth(and breath)
-bad dresser
-immaturity
-cockiness

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back