Black Relationships : Ladies, What to you makes a Brother unattractive?

JoWillie

Nov 30, 2004
Turn off(s)

I hope I'm understanding this statement right. Some of my answers are universal, but to ME, it seems it is more men then women who display these unpleasant traits or habits. All of us are subject to change and can change for better. This is not to say ALL men.
Most men are raised to have more self esteem and self-awareness then women--
Turn offs:
1. arrogance or high-mindness is ok,,but over abundant is a turn off.
2. thinking more of himself then he should and then having the nerve to put down someone else.
3. No manners
4. rudeness.
5. Lying, lying, and more lying
6. Expecting more then he deserves.
7. not giving one's full measure or in another word--Laziness
8. Lastly, when its because they are the "man"...

JoWillie

Nov 30, 2004
Added Note

I noticed a lot said about looks and looks do help to attract---BUT

Its what is in the heart that counts!!! Looks are deceiving and go..but its whats in the heart that will last...it took me a lot of heart ache and pain to learn this...if only I could have known what I know now back then........

Trust me its what in the heart and not looks that counts. People can change.

Deepvoice

Apr 16, 2005
Its good to see cleanliness up there because some people think it is so weird to see a guy pay extra attention to his skin,teeh, and hair.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
JoWillie said:
I noticed a lot said about looks and looks do help to attract---BUT

Its what is in the heart that counts!!! Looks are deceiving and go..but its whats in the heart that will last...it took me a lot of heart ache and pain to learn this...if only I could have known what I know now back then........

Trust me its what in the heart and not looks that counts. People can change.
I can't really separate the two. My eye bone seems to be connected to my heart bone. If a man does not appeal to my heart and mind he simply will not look good to me. I'll just see a piece of meat.

Talk to me and catch my mind. Look me in the eye and catch my gaze. Cry with me and catch my heart. Then flex your muscles and I will love it. But never in reverse.

Why does this always happen? Right now Mary Wells is singing "My Guy"

No muscle bound man
Can take my hand
From my guy
No handsome face
Can ever replace
My guy
He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to being happy we are
There's no man today
Can take me away from my guy

I'm not making this up. These songs really come on right on time.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
anAfrican said:
It's because of your sig
What does my sig have to do with the songs that come on my Windows Media Player?

Riada

May 14, 2005
I like a man who knows who and what he is and can be assertive with his brainpower. A man who blows whichever way the wind blows or who can't stand up for what he believes is very unappealing to me.

kente417mojo

Jan 22, 2004
Riada said:
A man who blows whichever way the wind blows or who can't stand up for what he believes is very unappealing to me.
That's a very important quality. :welldone: Thinking for yourself is essential.

Akilah

Aug 11, 2003
Da' Gump
Occupation
Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
TURNOFFS : to name a few...

chauvinistic/cave man mentality :hulk:
violent natured
rude/bad tempered/unfriendly/uncaring/insensitive nature
overly contentious/argumentative
self centered
overly judgmental
negative/pessimistic
wanton promiscuity (usually while expecting women to be saints... :hammer2: ... go figure )
poor personal cleanliness habits...or a total lack thereof
complacency - no drive, ambition, or dreams
ill mannered/boorish/braggartly

Mahoganee

Jul 3, 2005
The men that really turn me off are those who :
1. insist on acting like boys
2. are into that whole 'gagsta, dope boy' thing (now, don't get me wrong...I can appreciate a little roughness every now and then...)
3. lie for no reason
4. are soft, the pretty boy type
5. don't take a side, instead they straddle the fence
6. don't have a mission/purpose (because where purpose is not known abuse is inevitable)
7. can't get converse beyond "Hey girl" "****, you sexy" or (this is the one I hate the most!) "Ay, girl in the blue, with the fat ***" (you will catch my fist in your jaw for that!)

I prefer a darker skinned man with a creative style of his own. One who doesn't fit into one precise category, but is a well-rounded mix. Oh, and I love conversation, from politics to fashion...I love a guy who can capture and keep my attention via conversation

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz