Black Relationships : Ladies, what is your definition of a real man/woman?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Ralfa'il, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Personally, I think any male or female who reaches the late stages of puberty should be considered a real man or woman; but I know most people wouldn't agree with that definition.

What are the charactaristics and attributes that a "real man" or a "real woman" posses?

2. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Alright yall....don't crowd my thread!

So many of yall are trying to post the server is jamming and not allowing ANY posts to come through!!!

3. Shasta

Shasta Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Real woman/man the definition

A real man/woman to me is someone who knows how to take care of his/her responsibilities.

I was a young woman at the age of sixteen. My mother let me live with my sister/s and told me to not come back. I did just that DID NOT COME BACK. I worked, and paid rent until I was able to get my own place. A real woman/man is able to handle his/herself weather it be paying bills, or taking care of a child that shows your mature but also that you have crossed the line from child to adult hood and able to make sound decisions. :dance1:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    smiling at the above ... :)

i think a real woman is anyone that reaches adulthood, that was born with a vagina.

i think a real man is anyone that reaches adulthood, that was born with a penis.

That's real enough for me.

:heart:

Destee

5. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    :lol: you're so wild destee..goodness...:lol: :lol: smh

6. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Shasta

If someone with a name like "Shasta" ain't a real woman, I don't know who is.

A real woman/man is able to handle his/herself weather it be paying bills, or taking care of a child that shows your mature but also that you have crossed the line from child to adult hood and able to make sound decisions

Well either you're a real woman, or not really a woman...

So do you think a female who is physically mature but mentally/emotionally immature should not be called a woman?

Should we have a separate term for physically grown females who think like ding-bats?

Destee

i think a real woman is anyone that reaches adulthood, that was born with a vagina.

i think a real man is anyone that reaches adulthood, that was born with a penis.

That's real enough for me.

Ya know....I was thinking the same thing.

And that's for real.....

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Now that is about as basic an answer as you can possibly get! If the terms of this question changes from "real" to "responsible" it becomes something else entirely!

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree, though I tend to be one of those types that equates true man/womanhood with taking responsibility rather than hitting a certain age.

9. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Pan

Now that is about as basic an answer as you can possibly get! If the terms of this question changes from "real" to "responsible" it becomes something else entirely!

That's was the point I was getting at.

If we have a problem with the behavior and irresponsibility of our men then we should conentrate on pointing these problems out not castrate them.

Everytime I turn on the television or listen to the radio you have people shaking their finger and chiding bruthaz telling them to "be a man" "why don't you be a real man".

A real man by WHOSE standards?

Isn't this what white men have done historically by castrating us mentally and sometimes physically and then questioning our manhood?

This will only create more backlash and encourage the confused among us to engaging in more reckless irresponsible sex and senseless violence in a confused attempt to prove their manhood.

Just because he's not a good or responsible man, don't say he's not a man.

Although it's not verbalized as much, it's the same with our women.

They've been told in so many words that they aren't as feminine and "lady like" as white women for so long that many attempt to prove their womanhood by overemphasizing their sexuality or having children when they really aren't prepared to show that she's now a woman and can.

10. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6

Exactly- 'cause there be some grown-*** Men/Women running around acting and thinking like children!.