Black Women : LADIES ONLY! Do you find it hard to be friends with other women?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by MsInterpret, Sep 16, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    LADIES,

Do you find yourself unable to be friends with other women, because of: cattiness, jealousy, gossip, etc.?

I hear other women say things like, "I find it easier to be friends with men then women." or "I don't have any lady friends cause they're all about drama."

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Sometimes..... but i don't ''find it easier to be friends with men''...unless they are gay, they all want to sleep with you...

3. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    I'll be your friend, MsInterpret. :)

Seriously, many of my closest friends in life have been of the opposite gender. I am the only girl in my family, grew up playing sports and lived in a neighborhood full of boys. I've also taken a few personality tests that state my personality type is more common among men than women. I think all of that explains a lot.

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I wouldn't say I find it hard...cause I do get a long with women, only if they aren't all prissy and goodie-tu-shu acting, or stuck up. As far as men, I get a long with men just as long as I get along with men. They can get on my nerves just as much but in a different manner.

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    :) Awww thanks

I agree...I'm an only child, but I was like my dad's son kinda and he was called me "Bud". I was into the sports and fighting other kids. I was kinda rough.

6. kde

Ratings:
    +188
    I am the same way and understand!

Another issue is that I am into girly stuff like fashion and hair, but I am also a news hound, love discussing current events, am quite the thinker and overthink serious issues. I have found that many women don't seem to have this proclivity to the extent that I do. Moreover, sometimes women involve a sense of competition I don't get and am totally not into.

7. IntelligentNoire

IntelligentNoire Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    For as long as I can remember I have been the outsider. It wasn't so much what I did as it was what was assumed by others. I admit that I am selective which means not just anyone can share my space. if I am friends with you it's because I see something I like. This is not to say that I think I'm better then others as much as it was/is to say that I never really found it profitable to my personal growth to hang around with those who were on different pages than myself.

It just so happens the only people willing to sit long enough to listen to my views on the world around us happened to be the opposite sex. Could be they were only feigning interest in hopes of getting a peek of something other then my mind, but my mind is all they ever got...lol. Eitherway, I found myself gravitating to men more so women. It's just the way things have worked out over the years.

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    My daughter is 100% Girlie girl...Just last year we finally got her to calm down on wanting to wear a dress every day. She forces me to play barbies, "tea shop"....ugh..

But yeah, most women are into the competition, gossip and trivial stuff. If I talk to some of my lady friends about news or something I find meaningful they just give me a blank stare and be like Uh huh, sure B......

9. kde

Ratings:
    +188
    Cosign 100%. There was a time when my husband thought my male friends just wanted to f&(k, but he now sees that's not the case, though still thinks they'd be over here giving their condolences immediately if he dropped dead. LOL.

Maybe we can start a Destee women's circle for all of us weird, eccentric, not-fitting-into-boxes sisters.

:)

10. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    LOL, sometimes men do that too...Nodding their heads pretending what you're saying is interesting, when really they could give a d--n about how smart or intelligent you are. They want brain, but not your mind LOL :lol: