Ladies..........I need Advice on hair care

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Coach707, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Coach707

Coach707 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning ladies, I have a serious question to ask. My hair has been stressing me lately. It is long, black and sliky (about shoulder length) but I have serious "friz" issues. I keep it in braids all the time, but the braids get frizzy after one week, and my hair always curls up at the tips. My question is, if I want to be able to control my hair should I think about using a relaxer? Would those chemicals end up ruining my hair!?

Thats my biggest concern. Ladies give me some of you expertise please.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Have you ever tried motions detangling products as well as shampoo,conditioners?
    What about press in curls or a deep conditioner and a wrap?
    My hair is long as well and very wavy!
    I get a hawaiian silky relaxer mild every three -five months.
    I also dye it black because of the red and blonde tones in it!

3. Coach707

Coach707 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    The problem is not tangled hair. It is mainly untamed, etremely curly hair. Im thinking of using a relaxer like the hawian silky mild that you use, but Im nervous that it may ruin the texture of my hair. I dont want over proccessed hair! What would you suggest?

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Don't do it every month.

5. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    no yes.. yes..
    try john friedas frizz ease... shampoo.. conditioner.. and styling pomade..
    pomade is what you need to use when you braid your hair.. it keeps the frizzies down.. also.. are you wrapping your braids up with a satin scarf.. or sleepin on a satin pillow..
    you can also..
    after you braid your hair.. mist it with a spritz... medium hold.
    another great way to reduce frizzies.. is to get your ends clipped at least every 3 months.. most are split ends anyways..relaxers straighten your hair.. by causing damage.. you will find yourself loosing shine. .and moisture. as well as your scalp.. may start flaking more.

relaxing should always be an absolute last resort!
    Try hairstyles like a roller set.. or a silky wrap.. they will do wonders for your beautiful hair.
    You may not know it but hot oil treatments loosen the curl in your natural hair as well... these are all things i did not learn untill it was too late... now im doing them and my hair is gaining back lost time,

\
    theres an article somewhere on here about relaxers.. and the green goo that scientist find on the inside of our skulls.. associated with relaxers permeating the skull... (the chemicals are very harsh) there havent been any major studies to see the effects... 1 can only wonder.

happy hairstylin