Black Women : Ladies...How should our daughters protect themselves

butterfly#1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 10, 2011
Brother Skuder jaymes, I hope this is no conflict with your thread concerning boys.

Things are so different in society today. How are we teaching our daughters to defend themselves, when confronted with adverse conditions where physical fighting might be necessary for one's safety? What is the technique we should use or is using in this situation. I pray theres not many situations, but since bullying is so prevalent....and it seem that the teachers and parents are not being very effective. What should our dialogue be with our daughters?

This needs to be moved to the Lady's Forum...

But I'll bite first...

You first need to teach your daughter self-control...verbally, mentally, spiritually and physically.

Put your daughter in a MMA class or self defense class...They teach a lot about self control and confidence...and how to protect yourself.

Tell her about the dangers out there...be real with her about it.

Give your daughter a pepper spray gun and show her how to properly use it..As she gets older she may need like a stun gun.

And the obvious not talking to strangers, run if someone strange tries to grab you, scream, kick, bite....

As far as Bullies at school...

Teach her how to pick and choose her battles...Is this worth arguing or fighting for?

And to be honest, I'm for teaching my child how to use a gun.

You have teach your child that it's okay to tell someone what's going on...

I try to instill trust and communication with my daughter so that way she is comfortable telling me when something is wrong and also other adults she trusts.

Teach her about consequences...

Ok, thanks Ms Interpret for your assistance and advice. I really don't know my way around here good yet. How do I find the different forums? Is that just the 'forums' listing. I so want to post in the right places. Any and all assistance is welcome. Thanks again, for your response lady. I don't have young children myself. But, I have nieces and nephews and they do talk to me and I want ideas that I can share with their parents before talking to the children, if thats what the parents would prefer. They can't understand the closeness I share with their kids. I tell them, Im the hip one...lol. But their dads are my brothers (8) no sisters. so I think im like a novelty some what.

ps I'll see if Destee will move it for me.

I know this is a ladies forum/thread ...
If I am intruding, forgive me.
Say the word. This post shall be removed

Everyone should learn self-defense.
Conflict and emergencies happen.
Some folks understand not discussion. For them, a knuckle sandwich is the language they speak.

Wing Chun is a great style for anyone particularly women.

Self-defense goes beyond just physical encompassing the mental and psychological as well.
The mental and psychological can be more damaging and long lasting than the physical.
Defend and mitigate against all threats whether corporeal or incorporeal.

I know this is a ladies forum/thread ...
If I am intruding, forgive me.
Say the word. This post shall be removed

Everyone should learn self-defense.
Conflict and emergencies happen.
Some folks understand not discussion. For them, a knuckle sandwich is the language they speak.

Wing Chun is a great style for anyone particularly women.

Self-defense goes beyond just physical encompassing the mental and psychological as well.
The mental and psychological can be more damaging and long lasting than the physical.
Defend and mitigate against all threats whether corporeal or incorporeal.

The movie Ip Man tells some of the story of Wing Chun, that it was developed by a woman monk, for instance. Isn't it still part of China's national exercise or something of that nature?

Capoeira is nice too.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back