Black Women : Ladies (&Gents)...Question for you.

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

free2b_me

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2008
bay area
BECAUSE......

THE MEDIA DOES NOT WANT THE STANDARD OF BEAUTY TO BE MEASURED AGAINST A BLACK WOMAN'S BEAUTY! THEY TRY TO KEEP EVERY STANDARD OF BEAUTY TO BE MEASURED UP TO A WHITE WOMAN.. YA KNOW, THE LONG FLOWIN HAIR (WEAVES) THE SKINNY JEANS, THE SIZE 2, THE COLORED EYES AND SO FORTH.. WHEN YOU DO SEE A SUCESSFUL SISTA, THEY SHOW YOU QUEEN LATIFAH.. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT, BUT THEY TRY TO SHOW US THAT IF YOU BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL, MEASURE YOURSELF UP TO BIG WOMAN WITH THE CUTE FACE! LIKE WE CANT BE SLIM AND IN SHAPE AND HEALTHY LOOKIN!! BUT SERIOUSLY, WE BLACK WOMEN TRY TO MEASURE OUR STANDARD OF BEAUTY AGAINST THE WHITE WOMAN, WASSUP WITH THAT? IVE BEEN NATURAL THE PAST 8 YEARS, I WEAR LOCS AND, NO MORE FAKE NAILS, NO MAKE UP AND I REALLY TRY HARD TO EMBRACE MY NATURAL BEAUTY. I HAVE HIPS, BIG LEGS AND BOOTY! I CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT, I JUST EMBARACE IT AND LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT TOO.. BLACK WOMEN, WE COME IN ALL SHAPES, SIZES AND HUES, WE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND DIVERSE, WHY CAN'T WE EMBRACE IT AND EMBARACE EACH OTHER???:love:

sweet apple*pie

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2006
East Coast
Occupation
I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
THE MEDIA DOES NOT WANT THE STANDARD OF BEAUTY TO BE MEASURED AGAINST A BLACK WOMAN'S BEAUTY! THEY TRY TO KEEP EVERY STANDARD OF BEAUTY TO BE MEASURE UP TO A WHITE WOMAN.. YA KNOW, THE LONG FLOWIN HAIR (WEAVES) THE SKINNY JEANS, THE SIZE 2, THE COLORED EYES AND SO FORTH.. WHEN YOU DO SEE A SUCESSFUL SISTA, THEY SHOW YOU QUEEN LATIFAH.. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT, BUT THEY TRY TO SHOW US THAT IF YOU BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL, MEASURE YOURSELF UP TO BIG WOMAN WITH THE CUTE FACE! LIKE WE CANT BE SLIM AND IN SHAPE AND HEALTHY LOOKIN!! BUT SERIOUSLY, WE BLACK WOMEN TRY TO MEASURE OUR STANDARD OF BEAUTY AGAINST THE WHITE WOMAN, WASSUP WITH THAT? IVE BEEN NATURAL THE PAST 8 YEARS, I WEAR LOCS AND, NO MORE FAKE NAILS, NO MAKE UP AND I REALLY TRY HARD TO EMBRACE MY NATURAL BEAUTY. I HAVE HIPS, BIG LEGS AND BOOTY! I CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT, I JUST EMBARACE IT AND LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT TOO.. BLACK WOMEN, WE COME IN ALL SHAPES, SIZES AND HUES, WE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND DIVERSE, WHY CAN'T WE EMBRACE IT AND EMBARACE EACH OTHER???:love:

Hey Free Free...you take a powerful stance here my sistah. Now, I will admit (please dont go get the destee police on me :D ) I do dibble-dable in weaves every now and then, for variety.....not the long flowing ones, but like, the ethnic ones, like braids or curly fro's...I think their really afro-centric and hot. I love the flava they represent....but no, I dont get down with those European silky weaves. And I do get my nails done. Not long ones, (and I dont take it to tha head, like some sistahs, wit all these extreme designs, cas i dont have $200 to give tha little chinese woman, for real! LOL)

But right now, I have no weave and no nails, and it does help me get better in touch with myself. I think it is important that if one, partcipates in external additions ( hair/nails/etc ) that they return to themselves, so they don't forget who they are ( and start thinkin' they got baby blue eyes for real, LOL) but to get back on track here, I really do think that the world stresses waaaay to much about the beauty of women. And it all centers around $$MONEY$$. Like, I will admit, that there was a time that I used all of the worlds beauty resources, and I knew not a damm thing about myself. It came a point in my life, when I didn't have money for all that, that I truly discovered who I was. I am glad the Lord brought that situation to me, so that I could see the beauty that I had in me.

:juggle:

free2b_me

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2008
bay area
Hey Free Free...you take a powerful stance here my sistah. Now, I will admit (please dont go get the destee police on me :D ) I do dibble-dable in weaves every now and then, for variety.....not the long flowing ones, but like, the ethnic ones, like braids or curly fro's...I think their really afro-centric and hot. I love the flava they represent....but no, I dont get down with those European silky weaves. And I do get my nails done. Not long ones, (and I dont take it to tha head, like some sistahs, wit all these extreme designs, cas i dont have $200 to give tha little chinese woman, for real! LOL)

But right now, I have no weave and no nails, and it does help me get better in touch with myself. I think it is important that if one, partcipates in external additions ( hair/nails/etc ) that they return to themselves, so they don't forget who they are ( and start thinkin' they got baby blue eyes for real, LOL) but to get back on track here, I really do think that the world stresses waaaay to much about the beauty of women. And it all centers around $$MONEY$$. Like, I will admit, that there was a time that I used all of the worlds beauty resources, and I knew not a damm thing about myself. It came a point in my life, when I didn't have money for all that, that I truly discovered who I was. I am glad the Lord brought that situation to me, so that I could see the beauty that I had in me.

:juggle:

:SuN030: BLESS YOUR HEART SWEETIE, I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH WEAVES PER SE, I PERSONALLY JUST DECIDED, NOT TOO LONG AGO TO BECOME A NATURAL SISTA... I JUST DONT AGREE WITH THE STANDARD OF BEAUTY BEING MEASURED UP TO A WHITE WOMAN AND SOMETIMES AS BLACK WOMEN WE BUY INTO THAT, THAT'S ALL... (MAYBE I WAS BEING A LIL TOO HARD ABOUT THE NAILS:huh:) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ENHANCING YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY, BY ALL MEANS. JUST THAT WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE MIRROR, YOU KNOW THAT YOU SEE A BEAUTIFUL BLACK SISTA AND IF WANT TO FOREGO THE WEAVE THIS WEEK, YOU STILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY.. AND YOU ARE RIGHT, THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH WEIGHT PLACED ON A WOMAN'S BEAUTY. BUT H***, IT'S A BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY!:kiss:

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: