Black Women : Ladies (&Gents)...Question for you.

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by sweet apple*pie, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    Why is it that we have a hard time embracing one another in the real world?

I mean...to me, it always seems as if their is some type of untrusting, reservation to the unity of black woman. Especially black women who are attractive and successful.

You know...when it comes to our beauty...I feel as if it is the MEDIA, that causes so much hate among us. If the media didn't emphasize SO heavily on our bodies and faces...then maybe we would be more accepting of each others beauty, inside and out. But when how you look is constantly being shoved down your throat...it puts us on the defensive, and we look at others as competition... I say we should stop letting the media and the world pimp us, and start loving ourselves and our sisters. I say we need to reclaim the control again, and stop having the world control how we are perceived and how we relate to one another.

It's been going on way too long, and the only one benefiting from it is the ones makin the money off of it.

The World enjoys having women in a constant state of insecurity. With out it, there is no money to be made.

I have made the descion to LOVE myself, and LOVE my sistah's EVEN if they dont show me the same love. Because in my heart, I know that is the world that does this to us.

I live IN the world, but I wont allow the WORLD TO LIVE IN ME.

2. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Great Post!

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    i feel your passion

i know you asked the ladies this question but i just wanted to say

this is not the real world

this is ameriKKKa

home of ILLUSIONATI

it's just like the movie the matrix

we're all living all breathing air and we ALL need food and water to survive

but somehow there are 500 millions different ways to define a human

and that where the problems lies

we see each other as somehow different from one another

um :bingo: you're definitely seeing the bigger picture

4. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Great Topic!

I agree insecurities is a part of it.

For the most part I don’t believe attractiveness or lack of it is a problem, as much as the attitudes of women. There are some attractive women who walk the Earth with the attitude that their beauty and presence is why the sun shines and moon glows and ALL should treat them accordingly, which rub some women the wrong way. I do believe to a certain point the media plays apart in it, but attitudes are created at a young age. You have parents and relatives who may treat pretty children better or differently than other children. Overkill of telling a child, “you’re so cute or pretty” can take root and grow arrogance. There are some less attractive women with beautiful attitudes that make them attractive, which rub some women the wrong way, because their focus is on surface beauty. The same with the attitudes of some successful women, rather they’re attractive or not, have an attitude of, I’m educated or more successful therefore, I’m better than.

There is a lot of cattiness that plague us. Hating on each other because of our clothing, men, car, walk, talk, hair, shoes and the list goes on and on.

In my opinion we get what we put out. A decision to love our sisters regardless is a great start to a cure to what ills us.

I wrote a poem years ago about how some of us are with each other when it comes to men and the lack of sisterhood.

AnyWhooo, again great topic!

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :bowdown:

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i keep coming to the thought that i'm really liking what goes on in your head! thanks for another goody!!

i keep thinking about having a tee shirt or cap printed: "if the way i look turns you off, you are too shallow for me anyway". i am a walking test of the inner eye; if you can see beyond the outer shell, you'll see something Good. otherwise; keep it moving. it's lonely as hell, but those few are so very good!

(thanks for adding the (&Gents), because it does work on this side just the same way!!)

7. sweet apple*pie

sweet apple*pie Well-Known Member MEMBER

I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hey Coco... thanks for your feedback on this...you make alot of sense, but what is the root of all this cattiness and conceitedness. A plant cant grow without a root. And of course we know the money is the root of all evil. I seriously believe that if everyone was walking around completly secure then there would be many pissed off money makers.

I will also say, that many times a woman will pretend to be overly confident and secure to hide her real insecurites. I have been in this place before. I think that the external, is a very thin veil of what is REALLY going on. Why are we desperatley trying to chase a world that does not love us?? Solomon would say it is like chasing the wind.

First of all, many warm thank you's for your generous words. I think that may be the nicest compliment I have ever received. Its amazing to me, the people I have come across in my life, that may not have been the most physically attractive, but there spirit and their smile is phenomenal!! It's...indescribable! It's like their soul just pours out the glow of the sun. And I will say to myself..."wow, this person is truly beautiful" as i am sure you are as well, African. So tell me... what do you think about the media's influence on appearence? Do you think we are being pimped? :sand:

8. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

usually the sisters who don't trust are the ones not worthy to be trusted themselves......Women who constantly bash other women are the type of chicks I don't need to be involved with. It irks me when a girl tells me she has no female friends, because females are "messy" (I despise that word to levels unknown).............

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    is it really that they don't "love" (try to see it deeper than that; on that level, no, they don't "love" us) us, or are they jealous because they know that we do Know? and is it really "chasing", or is it "seeking to teach"? (ok, most may not be actually trying to teach as such.)

well, garsh - but "have ever received"?? been running with some rather "blind" peoples?
    personally, when i encounter folks that are all decked out and carrying themselves like they are "all that", i've usually foiund that they are believers in, and practitioners of, "beauty is only skin deep" and are actually just that shallow.
    see the natural hair, celebrating dark black and such threads; yup the blind ones have been "setting and establishing" the "rules of/for beauty" for entirely too long. and they have most always been wrong. frankly, i pay no attention to media in any guise. i Know that when i need to know something, Life/Existence/TheFates/God will give me to Know those things.

and while perhaps i'm just "too old", from a much "older" school of thought that just does not use that word, (amongst too many others that have become de riguer in our society), i'd have to agree that the media has too heavily played/preyed on minds weakened by the incesstant influence that that "electronic babysitter" has infused society with. turn off the media and give one's brain a chance to detox!!

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    good question where the answer lay in insecurity / and lack of wisdomize mind
    lots of women who pose such beauty define themselves as some miss all that
    and when it's challenge by another beauty they go into defense mold automatic
    this where hate and greed comes in and bitterness that divides sisters

Then when miss pretty meets miss not so fine, one looks down on another like
    they under them and again hate and sassiness uglyness shows up

I have seen some of the nice looking women in honesty as no so pretty from
    there inner beings and selfishness the hate they holds that make them as ugly
    unity can never be reached if sisters don't stop looking outside the human soul
    and venture inside another sister to see her real beauty !