Black Women : LADIES ARE YOU CLOSE TO YOUR PARENTS?

I'm very close to my parents, especially my father. My mother have gotten closer over the years, but she has a lot of judgements and opinions that I do not agree with. My father usually won't give an opinion, but will listen respectfully to my thoughts. Both parents are indispensible to me. Now my sister... that's a whole 'nother story....

I never knew my father. I use to be really close to my mother when I was younger, matter of fact I had sort of a love/hate thing going on with her. Our relationship is better then it has been in years, I use to only talk to my mother when I needed something. I use to go to my grandmother and talk to her about my problems. My grandmother just died this past April (very hard on me) so now I do tend to talk a little bit more to my mother, b/c grannie is no longer here. We are supposed to honor our parents, but the bible also tells parents to not provoke your children to wrath too.

I was just wondering.
I am not close to my father but I am to my mother.
I don't want to be close to her the way I use to be for alot of reasons.
Do you think this is wrong? We're suppose to honor them right?

Yes....VERY VERY close...

I'm an only child so my parents and I are tight knit...

I don't live with my parents, but I see them every day...

They have had my back throughout my whole life...and when I was a teen I put my parents through hell and back...And they never gave up on me.

They are great!!! They are the epitome of how I want my marriage to be one day....They are going on their 32nd anniversary!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back