Black Women : LADIES ARE YOU CLOSE TO YOUR PARENTS?

toylin

May 17, 2004
Michigan
Occupation
Security Guard
I'm very close to my parents, especially my father. My mother have gotten closer over the years, but she has a lot of judgements and opinions that I do not agree with. My father usually won't give an opinion, but will listen respectfully to my thoughts. Both parents are indispensible to me. Now my sister... that's a whole 'nother story....

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
Toylin me and my sisters are not close an maybe it's because of the age difference I'm not sure. I'm the oldest.Me and my brother are cool though but he now lives in another state.The way my brother brought me up is completely different with the way she brought them up!
I think it's because we have different fathers.!

lcw1969

Oct 5, 2010
I never knew my father. I use to be really close to my mother when I was younger, matter of fact I had sort of a love/hate thing going on with her. Our relationship is better then it has been in years, I use to only talk to my mother when I needed something. I use to go to my grandmother and talk to her about my problems. My grandmother just died this past April (very hard on me) so now I do tend to talk a little bit more to my mother, b/c grannie is no longer here. We are supposed to honor our parents, but the bible also tells parents to not provoke your children to wrath too.

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I was just wondering.
I am not close to my father but I am to my mother.
I don't want to be close to her the way I use to be for alot of reasons.
Do you think this is wrong? We're suppose to honor them right?
Yes....VERY VERY close...

I'm an only child so my parents and I are tight knit...

I don't live with my parents, but I see them every day...

They have had my back throughout my whole life...and when I was a teen I put my parents through hell and back...And they never gave up on me.

They are great!!! They are the epitome of how I want my marriage to be one day....They are going on their 32nd anniversary!!!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.