Black Relationships : LADIES: A Question - do you view romance in a fairy tale / harlequin novel kinda way?

No I'm factual. A preference is a condition by another name. Moralls and morres are all conditions. Criteria is a condition. We all have all of these. That is the cart and the horse. In order to become a spouse, certain conditions were met. In order to stay a spouse, certain conditions must be maintained. Please show me the person who you marry, that once they become a crack addict in all it's glory. You will then stay married to? That isnt cynical at all. That is reality. It is also the reason(s) that most churches now require premarriage counseling

So marriage = love? I know someone (yes, a male) who is married but has unconditional love for his best friend (a female). Now that he is having issues in his marriage and she is happily married, he is thinking more and more about how he shoulda coulda woulda hooked up with her. Even though he's married to someone else, seems despite that condition which makes them being married impossible right now (well, at least illegal in most places) he still loves her.

If you marry someone who becomes a crack head (note, marry not love) does their current condition erase your love for them? No, but it does mean you may no longer be able to be in a relationship with them. Moving on with your life from an unhealthy living arrangement does not mean your love have conditions....it means your life has conditions.

And saying something doesn't exist means it doesn't exist. You said you're talking about intimate relationships in this thread, but if I said aliens don't exist and I live in California I mean they don't exist anywhere, not just where I live. The point is you said unconditional love does not exist and that is just simply an untrue statement. You cannot apply relativism to an absolute statement. The fact is it does exist...

So marriage = love? I know someone (yes, a male) who is married but has unconditional love for his best friend (a female). Now that he is having issues in his marriage and she is happily married, he is thinking more and more about how he shoulda coulda woulda hooked up with her. Even though he's married to someone else, seems despite that condition which makes them being married impossible right now (well, at least illegal in most places) he still loves her.

If you marry someone who becomes a crack head (note, marry not love) does their current condition erase your love for them? No, but it does mean you may no longer be able to be in a relationship with them. Moving on with your life from an unhealthy living arrangement does not mean your love have conditions....it means your life has conditions.

And saying something doesn't exist means it doesn't exist. You said you're talking about intimate relationships in this thread, but if I said aliens don't exist and I live in California I mean they don't exist anywhere, not just where I live. The point is you said unconditional love does not exist and that is just simply an untrue statement. You cannot apply relativism to an absolute statement. The fact is it does exist...

OK!!!
Well said:terrific::great::welldone:

I'm doing a STEP 10
"Continued to take personal inventory and when we are wrong, PROMPTLY admitted it"

I DID say a while back that people DO have "conditions" in reference to Brother Kem's statements. I RE~tract as my thoughts are more aligned to what you shared.
Thanks for Sharing1

M.E.
:hearts2:

Marriage is suppose to equal love. If it doesnt, it is doomed to fail! Now you may not want to call that kind of commitment love, but I do

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back