Black People : Lack of Money, NOT the Problem in Education????

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    There is a new propaganda film out called "Waiting for Superman" that is pushing the defacto privatization of schools, the Charter School System

I know in NYC and NYS and I assume that it is the same in other places across the nation,
    that the federal state and city funds provided a particular school or dependant on the adjacent real estate values

you can't get more Malthusian and Elitist then that

but the bugged thing is, no one has yt challenged that madness or called for a replacement

Published on Monday, September 27, 2010 by The Washington Post
    'Waiting for Superman': A Missed Opportunity for Education
    What ‘Superman’ got wrong, point by point
    by Rick Ayers

While the education film Waiting For Superman [1] has moving profiles of students struggling to succeed under difficult circumstances, it puts forward a sometimes misleading and other times dishonest account of the roots of the problem and possible solutions.

The amped-up rhetoric of crisis and failure everywhere is being used to promote business-model reforms that are destabilizing even in successful schools and districts. A panel at NBC’s Education Nation Summit, [2] taking place in New York today and tomorrow, was originally titled "Does Education Need a Katrina?" Such disgraceful rhetoric undermines reasonable debate.

Let’s examine these issues, one by one:

*Waiting for Superman says that lack of money is not the problem in education.
    Yet the exclusive charter schools featured in the film receive large private subsidies. Two-thirds of Geoffrey Canada’s Harlem Children’s Zone [3] funding comes from private sources, effectively making the charter school he runs in the zone a highly resourced private school. Promise Academy [4] is in many ways an excellent school, but it is dishonest for the filmmakers to say nothing about the funds it took to create it and the extensive social supports including free medical care and counseling provided by the zone.

In New Jersey, where court decisions mandated similar programs, such as high quality pre-kindergarten classes and extended school days and social services in the poorest urban districts, achievement and graduation rates increased while gaps started to close. But public funding for those programs is now being cut and progress is being eroded. Money matters! Of course, money will not solve all problems (because the problems are more systemic than the resources of any given school) – but the off-handed rejection of a discussion of resources is misleading.

*Waiting for Superman implies that standardized testing is a reasonable way to assess student progress.
    The debate of “how to raise test scores” strangles and distorts strong education. Most test score differences stubbornly continue to reflect parental income and neighborhood/zip codes, not what schools do. As opportunity, health and family wealth increase, so do test scores [5].
    This is not the fault of schools but the inaccuracy, and the internal bias, in the tests themselves.

www.commondreams.com

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    With government that has hunderds of billions to spend on senseless, non defensive, corporate profiteering wars,
    a government that our tax dollars pay for and that we as Africans can influence with voting strategy and Our Own lobbying pressure groups,
    as well as our own as stated trillion dollar spending power,

are we realy supposed to be or looking at a future of having to be dependant on charity form the same folks who enslaved our ancestors,
    to educate our children?

3. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Money is given to those they want to give to .....

The funny thing is that many people get mad at me for saying this because they dont want to believe it....

Money is made in a factory and it is debt....

Every dollar "BILL ... BILL... A bill is something that you owe" Every dollar bill requires 30% interest before it is returned to the federal government....

But only the average citizen has to return the dollar bill.....

Otherz are given money that does not have to be returned throught things callled

Grantz = money that does not have to be returned and will not be given to average people .....

Soooo what I am saying is this .... money keepz all people in a conundrum by having us earn it .... but you cannot really earn it because we are earning debt....

We work for other peoples debts ... we pay for their loftyness ... every day...

And you cannot really every pay the debt by working for debt "dollar bill".....

So we are always angry and mad ... and not knowing were to turn because it was set up that way from the begining.....

You cannnot return the dollar bill to the Federal Government with out 30% interest paid.... But were do you get the interest if they make the money???

You cant.....

Think of it like this .....

If I gave you a bag of popcorn and said here is a bag of popcorn ... now I want you to return me a bag of popcorn with another half of bag of popcorn....

You say okay ...

But if I am the only one in the world that makes popcorn ... how will you give me the bag and a half of popcorn back??????

I made a blog of this so if you see it; it will basically be the same thing....

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    There is basic fact that if we had followed the Nguzo Saba to the letter, at a time when we had 230 billion per year

we would have enough real estate, bus transportation, food growth distribution and sales, communications, media control and power, clothing manufacturing and utility services, as well as luxury consumable distributors across the nation at a time when we spend a trillion dollars

to literaly build schools, buy the books and supplies,
    and get qualified teahers ,

all by barter, providing all with all their needs, and luxuries so at least we would have
    an education system free of fiat dollars,. illegaly printed by the Federal Reserve,

but that will more then likely take another 100 years and

I don't think our children can wait

that long

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    bump