Black Relationships : Lack Of Black Love In The Media

Storm is now divorced from BP, and has been "sleeping" with Wolverine. The rest, though I am familiar with, are minor characters, that are rarely seen in mainstream media.

The rest I agree with, and I would even add GL John Stewart and Star Sapphire Fatality:

john-and-fatality.png

Well you asked about the relationships existing, right? And acknowledged prior to my post that it's rare. The fact is they do exist and have existed in media, regardless if they were written to hook up with someone of another race, or if the characters are household names.

Storm has been with several white men, before she was pawned off on BP, the King of an African nation:

Wolverine:

prv14608_cov.jpg

And this was merely weeks after she got divorced from BP. Becoming intimate with Wolverine after being freshly divorced from BP, is like Michelle Obama divorcing Barack, and then hooking up with the neighborhood biker dude.

Gambit:

3d707e24529e.jpg

There was also Cable and Slipstream.... Two white boys (the former old enough to be her father, and the latter was a surfer dude, that was young enough to be her kid brother) that are of questionable morality.

storm50.jpg

In fact, Storm had been with half with the white guys in the X-Men.. Meanwhile, she dissed black and NativeAmerican men like Bishop (who idolized her) and Forge (who had proposed to her, and she turned him away).

I have never felt like Storm was a proper example of a positive Black female superhero.

Also, that pic that you posted is not an accurate representation of how Storm looks in the comics. She does not have dreads, she has straight platinum blonde hair and blue eyes.

X-Treme_X-men_-_Storm.png

866254-storm_00.jpg

Whether you think she's positive or no, she's a black character in the comic universe, thus making any relationship she has with a black man a black relationship, which you asked an example for, right?

And I know exactly how Storm looks, but I liked the one with dreads better.

Whether you think she's positive or no, she's a black character in the comic universe, thus making any relationship she has with a black man a black relationship, which you asked an example for, right?

And I know exactly how Storm looks, but I liked the one with dreads better.

Yes, except she's not in that relationship anymore. And hasn't been for nearly 2 years now. In fact, the marriage barely lasted that long.

Yes, except she's not in that relationship anymore.

But she was, and is still a black character, whether liked or not. I'd say that counts for something, when all you asked for was example, and not, an example of one that has lasted for so and so long under this and that circumstance.

And it's a comic; many characters don't stay in any relationships, no matter how epic. Even Peter Parker strays from Mary Jane every now and again, and that's his bottom bish. And from what I've read of Storm, seems they've always had her as that wild child. I think I liked her better in the animated series of the X-men.

I've just always had a problem with how Storm was passed around the X-Men, like a cheerleader with a football team.

Meanwhile, Cyclops & Jean have stayed married till sue died, then he married Emma, & they've been married ever since. Sue & Reed Richards have stayed married ever since the beginning.

Superman & Lois Lane were together for almost a century. Now Superman is with Wonder Woman.

But Storm nust can't seem to keep it together. I agree with about the whole "wild child" aspect, which is funny because she's supposed to be the moral center of the team.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back