Law Forum : Kwame Kilpatrick - Ex Detroit Mayor - Found Guilty

What ever happen to that common knowledge we as blacks use to have that we cannot do the same things whity do, and have it be viewed in the same way? This government is all about "pay to play" politics. People seem to forget Randall "Duke" Cunningham, they say he had a bribe menu that said what amount it would take to get him to put earmarks into bills.

Here he is here:

http://www.10news.com/news/ex-san-d...gham-released-to-federal-halfway-house-121212

But here's the thing, they only gave him a maximum of 10 years.

Peace!

The ideal was black elected officials would and will solve our issues and problems for us...

The reality is some are just former kneegrow cronies of white elected officials and just not as clever to avoid being brought up on the same charges (though sometimes also lead to backroom deal with d. a.'s to drop too)...

In the particular case of Detroit's decline:

It hardly originates with its era of black rulership...

It's just that me and mine couldn't be expected to be privy to some things, i. e., most of us being at best part of the working class, etc., as in of the history of white insiders, some who have their own shady pasts too, a few families associated with the so called Roaring Twenties and/or Prohibition, or how else did a young black guy with a shady past when up becoming Detroit's mayor, in the first place?!?

Place it all within a historical context, and some things folks here can figure out for themselves...

Above and beyond that: Why did Obama also have to bail out GM and Chysler, whose grand dreams and schemes led to the downside of the Poletown and Viper plant developments, if whites have all of the answers, and we don't have a clue as to 'how it all works'?

No disrespect, but a crook is just a crook, and merely electing blacks to public office isn't what I associate with power to the people, in the first place!

I defend those who defend us: Not those who merely consider us a means to his or her ends...

FYI....

I think its a waste of tax payers money to put all there black celebrities and politicians like Jessee jackson in prison.

CTJ: As long as such folk can be used and misused as diversions from what we're actually being faced with, i. e., the lost of whatever clout our own efforts used to reward us with, we'll wind up placing the blame on each other, not those who brought about this crap, to begin with...

:thinking:

Kwame Kilpatrick's mother offers Detroit home as collateral in effort to get son out of prison

Former Detroit mayor's mother Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick offers Detroit home as collateral to get son out of federal prison on bond

Published On: Mar 18 2013 10:47:52 PM EDTUpdated On: Mar 18 2013 10:56:46 PM EDT

Carolyn-Cheeks-Kilpatrick-at-Detroit-home-jpg.jpg

DETROIT -
Former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is behind bars and trying desperately to get out and back to Texas to see his family. His mother, former congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, is literally putting her house on the line to make it happen.
Read more: Kilpatrick seeks release from prison
Kilpatrick's defense team is asking the federal court to release him from prison on bond while he awaits sentencing. According to court documents, Kilpatrick's mother is offering to put her home up as collateral to ensure her son will return.
Quick Clicks

Local 4 cameras were rolling as Cheeks Kilpatrick made her way inside her Detroit home on Monday. However, she verbally turned away Local 4 reporter Bisi Onile-Ere at her door.
According to Zillow.com, Cheeks Kilpatrick's west Detroit home is worth $107,000, a far cry from six years ago when the house was valued at more than $300,000.
Kwame Kilpatrick's defense lawyer argues Kilpatrick is not a flight risk and has no money to flee. A judge last week thought otherwise and immediately ordered Kilpatrick to prison after a jury found him guilty on several corruption charges including racketeering.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back