Black Poetry : Kuumba! Where Destee Was Born!

msluciousb

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 10, 2001
Kansas City, Missouri
Occupation
Self Employed, Business Consultant
KUUMBA means Creativity,the most unique of lifes gift it blesses the receiver and he who gave.
Kuumba on the sixth day they did save all the gifts that they hand made. Creativity is the heart and soul of our people who took cotton and peanuts and made things that people need.
Creativity that makes us sit at our key boards and write until our souls bleed.

KUUMBA is where Destee was born conceived as a thought and nurtured by a dream it became manifest/created it was made.
Creativity amongst a people who created a language out of the beat of the drum. That through dance we have recreated the movement of the animal of the jungle ,most coveted by some.

KUUMBA is each word you think and each poem you write, each company that is brought into conception, each dress that is designed each story that is written each painstakingly creative line. The recipe's in Big Mama's kitchen that were never written down, but passed round and round.

KUUMBA is the beautiful and unique African art from the jewelry to the paintings and the place mates where we eat and the shoes on our feet. KUUMBA like the words to a song that stays in your mind all day long..Kumbi hya! Habari gani...what have you created today? Kumbi hya...Come by here...and tell me what is your news...Oral history...it is KUUMBA

KUUMBA is the sixth night of Kwanzaa we work on gifts and we exchange them, we perform African art as our offering to the ancestors and we light the second green Candle...as we honor our lush and beautiful rolling hills of our Motherland Africa...and we KUUMBA!

Blessings On Ya House!
HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL!
BE SAFE...BUT HAVE A BALL:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:wave: Haaaaaaaaay MsLuciousB :wave:

This is simply beautifuly my Sister. I hope you knew that it would
not go unnoticed ... though I'm late ... I'm here ... here and thanking
you for this wonderful love you've shared with me ... with us ... :love:

Blessings On Our House!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back