Black People Politics : Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Nanany19, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Nanany19

Nanany19 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    This video has been causing a storm on the internet. What do you guys think about it?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Seldom does an issue of any real significance escape this website, Nanany19...Here are a few threads and posts, which will provide some idea of the dialog we've shared on Kony. And likewise, we have you to thank for sharing this powerful video. However, for me, the video, Kony 2012, helps to fill in the blanks prompting direct action of the Obama Administration:

Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/obama-orders-u-s-troops-to-help-chase-down-african-army-leader.68551/

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/obama-orders-u-s-troops-to-help-chase-down-african-army-leader.68551/#post-708460

Here's what is likely behind Obama's decision to send special forces to Uganda.
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/heres-what-is-likely-behind-obamas-decision-to-send-special-forces-to-uganda.69173/

Please, take a moment to browse these links and become better acquainted with the Family...

Peace In,

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

'Kony 2012' Campaign Against Uganda Warlord Takes Over Internet

If you logged onto Facebook at any point today, you may very well have found friends and others sharing " Kony 2012," a 30-minute YouTube film on the Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony.
    The nonprofit charity Invisible Children Inc. uploaded the video Monday to bring attention to Kony and the rebel group Lord's Resistance Army, which has terrorized central Africa for several years. The YouTube video currently has more than 7 million views.
    The hashtag #stopkony has been trending worldwide on Twitter.
    http://news.yahoo.com/kony-2012-campaign-against-uganda-warlord-takes-over-231227763--abc-news.html

Peace In,

4. eword

eword Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    There is no doubt that the images in the video, tell a horrific story, but horrific events have been taking place in uganda and the Central African area, for a long time. Why is there so much attention now? How could any video get that much views, without help from the insiders? And what is the Agenda behind, bombarding the public with this video now?
    Uganda and the Central Africa area, does need help in tackling it's problems, but they have needed help for a long time, so why now? People of goodwill should assist in whatever way they can, but we should also be cautious.
    The problems in this region are depicted as Africa's problems, but that is far from true. There are many international players hiding in the shadows. Nothing just happens. There is always cause and effect.
    Who benefits from this tragic situation? Does Africa benefit? Or do people who cannot be touched by the violence benefit?

- http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29495.htm

- http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/ecocide-genocide-are-secret-capitalist-efficiency

- http://allthingspass.com/

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

.......wb eword, good reading you again:

Central to your post would be the many questions about who, how, why etc... All are very relevant and make good sense; although we may never find the answers.

After reviewing the first link source, I find what drives your trend of thought, its a very good source. Even more interesting is this information taken from that source:

We are left with this, and there is no other way of saying it, our homeland is in tumult and on a wanton course. The very government commended in the LRA Disarmament and North Uganda Recovery Act of 2009, commits crimes in pursuit just as heinous as those committed by Kony.

Maybe the timing of all this is for us, as African Americans, to begin having this conversation on Uganda and Kony, so that a full understanding can be meted.

Peace In,

6. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    So I just finished watching the video because of all the chatter on fb. Heres my take: the man should have been removed 30 years ago. Eword makes some very good points. Its always amusing to me that young white kids like the director of the video, are so clueless when it comes to the reality of world affairs particularly in Africa. Then they are so shocked and actually believe that this stuff just springs out of nowhere has no cause it just happens!! In the video he has the nerve to say that Kony has no support??? Excuse me?? really so for 30 years he has magically found a way to arm 30,000 men and children??? He **** sure aint making guns in the back room so he has to be buying them? Now I wonder where he would get the currency?? Oh could it be the mines of east and central Africa? rich with minerals that support our 21st century life style in the west? You bet cha...Amazingly he didnt make that obvious connection that has funded all 25 civil wars in Africa over the last 30 years from Liberia to the Congo!!! Although this video may have been sincere, young white people and for that matter black people of any age in the west are not ready to deal with what it will take to stop the rape and murder of Africa...why because surely it will bring the world to its knees...How many people are willing to give up that Ipad/pod and all other electronic devices that need cobolt from Congo to work...? When will we learn the true price of capitalism? And why is it that whenever Jesus,Allah or Muhhamed come into the equation black people end up dead??? This man is claiming that he is a christian and doing all of this because people are not following gods commandments...same excuse the stupid negroes in Nigeria are using to kill one another...I really feel that black people will never learn or progress until they let go of the white and Arab mans bastardized religions and start living in a full African reality with our original African mental faculties but I know **** well that will never happen because too many of us are just so in love with the white man and his backwards reality.

7. word up

word up Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +75
    Yeah, i watched it this morning. It saddening to see the atrocities that go on on the continet but:

* You won't see world wide coverage and sympathy of the monsterous aggressors in Africa that are actually white. Whites do more damage and have been doing more damage then this African man. He's childs play compared to Mr white boy.

* The self righteous, peudo investigator so called "change agent" seems to avoid digging below the surface because he may find the root of the problems in Africa will come in the image Whiteness. And you can tell he's in alignment with that " White mans burden" belief system. Let's see how comfortable he is with the American Blacks if he knows any at all. Poor Africans. It's safe across the water. Those Africans ain't hip to his *** like us.

* This white boy has an agenda. Period. I think he's either an agent or seeking fame or both. The video had striving attention seeking actor written all over it. He couldn't make it in Hollywood so "hmmmmmmmm what can my edge be?!! Yeah, save nigs. Then people will check out my songs i posted on youtube. They will also make my baby a star too because i did the vid over and over again until my baby boy got it right. Yeah man! Did ya see my baby on the vid? I used state of the art video editing. wuz'nt it great?! Awe'some riiight. Coooool"

* Saving Africa means taking Africa.

* Americans will sympathize Esp. since the monster is Black and oh yeah, it's far away. But reparations for us here? "Hell no! get a job!"

* White people again decide what is important to talk about for us.

*This is one of the main reasons why i refuse to prey to the same God as the White man. They are full of tricks.It just never stops. It never will stop.

*What we must understand is that EVERYTHING WHITE PEOPLE DO IS POLITICAL. When you think of the White man just imagine him smiling with a gift in one hand and a dagger in the other. Trust me! And yeah, i'm generalizing. There are good snakes out there but i'm cautious of them all. There are good white people out there as long as you are working for them and not the other way around. As long as in anything serious, they are on top. But if you're just having a beer with one of them or a non-political, non business interaction( when it doesn't matter) oh yeah, they're cool......sometimes.
    *The White man has the resources to help you because he robbed you of those resources to begin with. Kinda like the ski mask wearing mugger who robbed you of your diamonds and next week took you out for dinner. He's nice right? Ain't he sweet??

8. word up

word up Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +75

Unfortunately many of our people will just see a good whiteman getting rid of a dirty evil Black man. But i agree with you! The savior! JESUS. Notice how he carried the air of this pure, arrogant, self-righteous loving savior. I knooooooooooooooooooow he was imagining himself as some jesus figure.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

What do I think about it?

I think that it is a distration from the ethnic cleanising which is killing off the BLACK people in Libya, and this also serves as a smokescreen for the planned troop deployment by the Obama administration to fight what is essentially a militarily defeated LRA.

Why is the Obama administration supporting Museveni, who has been running Uganda into the ground since 1986 in the first place.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoweri_Museveni

How does the alledged murder, abduction, etc by Kony's LRA (est. 66,000) compare to the following?

In the mid-to-late 1990s, Museveni was lauded by the West as part of a new generation of African leaders. His presidency has been marred, however, by invading and occupying Congo during the Second Congo War (the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo which has resulted in an estimated 5.4 million deaths since 1998) and other conflicts in the Great Lakes region.

Kony. 66,000 abductions, deaths, etc.
    Museveni. 5,400,000 deaths. Supported by the US Government. This does not include the raping of women and children by forces supported by the US that are loyal to Museveni and his allies.

WTF!!!

10. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    I've always wondered if it is possible to recruit retired black US marines (snipers, saboteur etc) or black French foreign legionnaires to form a hit squad or even regiment to assassinate scums like this? Mugabe and the Sudanese president would be first on my list followed by Kony and a string of petty warlords and those Albino rats who sell weapons to them. The mere terror of this squad would make wannabee dictators think twice before terrorizing the local population and dilapidating african resource. A well trained elite group who dedicate their lives for this type of cause could technically kill anybody, anywhere. But such group must have the support of African population to operate effectively.

Proper, disciplined militarization ironically is the antidote to these petty conflicts.