PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

CulturalActivity

Nov 12, 2019
Occupation
Student

Good points, perhaps they may want to return to a "two" black box scenario; understanding the CVR was not installed only the ADR(FDR)...

The recording device was not required for the aircraft.
The helicopter that crashed while carrying Kobe Bryant and eight others on Sunday did not have a black box, and the recording device was not required for the aircraft, officials from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) announced on Monday afternoon.
Or, are we to believe the aircraft had no boxes at all?
I hear you. There are a number of ways to find out if the helicopter was ever outfitted with any type of event recording device. Original sales documents, all service and component upgrade paperwork, FAA certification and mandated inspection documents, frame by frame analysis of crash site video footage from the media to amateur aviation enthusiast and FOI request for NTSB investigation records of everything removed from the crash site. As far as CVR technology in rotary winged aircraft I think that might be a task due to excessive noise in the flight deck. That's why the flight crews all wear over the ear headphones and noise cancelling microphones. I can't attest to knowing if CVR technology has overcome that obstacle unless it can suppress mechanical noise frequencies and amplify voice frequencies.

CulturalActivity

Nov 12, 2019
Occupation
Student

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Vanessa Bryant Breaks Her Silence on Death of Husband Kobe, Daughter Gianna

Click here to read the full article.

BreAnna Bell
Variety

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.