destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I was wondering, what place (anywhere in the world) is known for respectful interaction amongst Black People from all backgrounds, life choices, etc.?

I was thinking of the church buildings, but they usually cater to their own kind, not necessarily known for fully embracing all life paths / choices.

I can't quickly think of any, which may be evidence that we can't easily pull it off, helping me understand why it's been so diffcult to achieve here.

For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to be an easy thing for us to do, respectfully interact with each other (with all life choices present).

Can you help me with this though? Can you name some places known for respectful interaction amongst us?

Are we (this community) trying to do what isn't present anywhere else in the world?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I was wondering, what place (anywhere in the world) is known for respectful interaction amongst Black People from all backgrounds, life choices, etc.?

I was thinking of the church buildings, but they usually cater to their own kind, not necessarily known for fully embracing all life paths / choices.

I can't quickly think of any, which may be evidence that we can't easily pull it off, helping me understand why it's been so diffcult to achieve here.

For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to be an easy thing for us to do, respectfully interact with each other (with all life choices present).

Can you help me with this though? Can you name some places known for respectful interaction amongst us?

Are we (this community) trying to do what isn't present anywhere else in the world?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee
1 Most black non denominational churches
2. Local Democrat club
3. parent teacher Associations
4. Medgar Evers college, lectures and discussions
Brooklyn NY
5. Marcus Garvey Hall; lectures and dicussion
Brooklyn NY
6. African Poetry theater
Brooklyn NY
7. House of the Lord; Rev Herbert Daughtry
State of the Black Union Ron Daniels; lecture series
Brooklyn NY
8. Long Island University ;Brother Black Dot; lecture series, usually Brother Bobby Hemmitt, Dr Phil Valentine, Dr Delbert Blair
LIU is in Brooklyn, (not long island)
9. Dr. Clarke House; various Black scholars, most recently Haki Mahtibuti,
Harlem, planet earth
10. CEMOTAP;
Dr Betty Dobson, Queens NY
11. Schomburg Library; lectures and presentations, most recent Gil Noble presenting archived never before seen vids of El Hajj Malik Shabbazz, on My 19
12. Nation of Islam classes
all boroughs

13 Sister's Place;
the December 12th Movement, Sister Viola Pulmber, brother Omawale Clay
Brooklyn, NY

Bed Stuy Restoration;
various events
Beooklyn NY

Annually;

1 The African Street Festival;
Brooklyn Navy yards

2 Queen Afua; August celebration
Brooklyn

3 Ra Un Nefer Amen various Kemetic celebrations
(PARTY FOR THR WHOL FAMILY!)

4 Labor day Carribbean festival

You see here in Brooklyn we have never had a need or even the concept of religious hatred or seperation because here in NYC we have for ovr 40 years

African American;
1 Yoruba
2 Hebrew
3 Zen
4. Bhuddist
5. Agnostic
6. Aetheist
7. Thelema
8. Trinidadian African church
9. Voudun
10. Catholic
11. African Methodist
12. Jehovah witness
13. 7th Day Adventist (red black Aand green flag in front of their schools as well as Black biblical figures in their "tracts"
14. Freemason York
15. Freemason Scottish Rite
16 Freemason Prince Hall
17 The Nation of Gods and Earths
18 Nation of Islam
19 Sunni Muslim
20 Shiite Muslim
21 Akan
22 Obeah, down south roots
23 Presbyterian
24 Lutheran
25 Baptist

So really we have evolved past what constantly goes on as religious hatred, that Malcolm warned us against over 50 years ago

because he knew that wherever there is religious hatred, there you will find folks who desire to divide the race

1 Most black non denominational churches
2. Local Democrat club
3. parent teacher Associations
4. Medgar Evers college, lectures and discussions
Brooklyn NY
5. Marcus Garvey Hall; lectures and dicussion
Brooklyn NY
6. African Poetry theater
Brooklyn NY
7. House of the Lord; Rev Herbert Daughtry
State of the Black Union Ron Daniels; lecture series
Brooklyn NY
8. Long Island University ;Brother Black Dot; lecture series, usually Brother Bobby Hemmitt, Dr Phil Valentine, Dr Delbert Blair
LIU is in Brooklyn, (not long island)
9. Dr. Clarke House; various Black scholars, most recently Haki Mahtibuti,
Harlem, planet earth
10. CEMOTAP;
Dr Betty Dobson, Queens NY
11. Schomburg Library; lectures and presentations, most recent Gil Noble presenting archived never before seen vids of El Hajj Malik Shabbazz, on My 19
12. Nation of Islam classes
all boroughs

13 Sister's Place;
the December 12th Movement, Sister Viola Pulmber, brother Omawale Clay
Brooklyn, NY

Bed Stuy Restoration;
various events
Beooklyn NY

Annually;

1 The African Street Festival;
Brooklyn Navy yards

2 Queen Afua; August celebration
Brooklyn

3 Ra Un Nefer Amen various Kemetic celebrations
(PARTY FOR THR WHOL FAMILY!)

4 Labor day Carribbean festival

You see here in Brooklyn we have never had a need or even the concept of religious hatred or seperation because here in NYC we have for ovr 40 years

African American;
1 Yoruba
2 Hebrew
3 Zen
4. Bhuddist
5. Agnostic
6. Aetheist
7. Thelema
8. Trinidadian African church
9. Voudun
10. Catholic
11. African Methodist
12. Jehovah witness
13. 7th Day Adventist (red black Aand green flag in front of their schools as well as Black biblical figures in their "tracts"
14. Freemason York
15. Freemason Scottish Rite
16 Freemason Prince Hall
17 The Nation of Gods and Earths
18 Nation of Islam
19 Sunni Muslim
20 Shiite Muslim
21 Akan
22 Obeah, down south roots
23 Presbyterian
24 Lutheran
25 Baptist

So really we have evolved past what constantly goes on as religious hatred, that Malcolm warned us against over 50 years ago

because he knew that wherever there is religious hatred, there you will find folks who desire to divide the race
basically in Brooklyn brothers willv talk about Black issues anywhere, on a bus, train, supermarket, folks know you are sincere they will talk from those who are making ens meet to those who are making 6 figures, and the sisters are like that as well.
The Million Man and Million Woman march had an amazing effect upon the young men here in BK, and an effect of solidarity among women of african descent.
The Black out of the 70s was crazy, folks looting, robbing killing , but the one
back in August; there was an amazing spirit of unity, where the addicts, and the crimies, the street folks and the 9 to fivers, all pulled together and helped one another, get through!

back in the days there was the

1 Slave Theater, by the United african Movement;
here folks could buy Black books, get into serious philosphical, political, and historical discussions, buy hand made jewlry, tapes of schlars, 6 varieties of Veggie foods

and see and hear;

Dr Charshee MacIntyre
Dr Naim Akbar
Dr Clarke
Dr Ben
Dr Betty Shabazz
Ela Baker (Malcolm's sister)
Shekmet Tahuti
Professor Smalls
Professor Mackey
Professor Scobie
Ivan van Sertima
Ishakamusa Barashango
Dr Jewel Pookrum
Dr Khalid Muhammed
Dr Molefi Asante
Dr Marimba Ani
Maulan Ron Karenga
Marcus Garvey Junior
Dr Amos Wilson

hosted by Attorney at War; Alton Maddox

2. The Patrice Lumumba Coalition;
same type venue,
predominantly Pan African issues

3 Most Black book stores had study groups

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back