Black People : Knowledge of Self

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Disclaimer: I know I have wrote on Destee in a much similar theme, but I am feeling moved to continue this discussion. This is not an attempt to spread propaganda or proselytize. This is a truthfully honest message I am feeling compelled to convey. I do so with love and respect for all. Please bare with me as I am still trying to structure the thoughts given to me.

Knowledge of Self! How many times have we heard this phrase? Many of us have heard it on the lips of NOI members, Afrikan nationalists and Black consciousness folks. For those of us who have come up in the ranks of Black studies groups, grassroots organizations and/or flipping through copious pages of the esteemed works of Dr. Ben, Dr. Clarke, Diop, Chancellor Williams or Inshakamusa Barashango, among others, knowledge of self is something we have strived for and at times believe we have come close to achieving.

It's no secret that I am an Afrikan traditionalist as it relates to spiritual systems and for me, even after my years of being in study groups, organizations and owning an extensive Black consciousness library, I have yet to touch the tip of knowledge of self. My redemption so far has come through the daily and communal practice of African Traditional Religions (ATRs) and deepening my understanding of these traditions.

I honestly believe that until our people return back to the traditional practices of our individual families we will never truly know or have knowledge of self.

Knowledge of Self is deeper than knowing we are Black people and reciting the wonderful and exciting contributions, kingdoms and miracles we as Black people have gave to the world. Knowledge of Self is much deeper than saying and believing we were the original people and that we held colonies throughout the earth. When you really look at these things, it is actually superficial and a gross overview or generalization of who you are, who I am, as a person within our own bodies.

As stated before, African people are not monolithic and as the descendants of African people enslaved in the Americas, we are not monolithic. The best teachers in this lesson for me have been my ancestors. Many other Black folks returning back to the ATRs are learning this fact as well.

One brother just recently compiled a documentary highlighting his journey back to his African roots. Like many diasporic Black folks in the ATRs, his introduction to traditional African spiritual systems was through the Yoruba based orisa system. However, he learned that his origin was not among the Yoruba but among the Gbe speakers of Benin and Togo and in fact, even though he had planned to initiate in the Yoruba system in Nigeria, his ancestors were blocking his path. Why? Because it was the Yoruba who had his people enslaved in the first place.

I myself encountered a similar thread. I was preparing for my initiation into Ma Yombe. My Tata consulted the nkisi to seek approval or acceptance for me. Nkisi returned back that my ancestors will not allow it. Tata said he could initiate me but it would only make matters worse for me and he refused to do so. He told me that my "ruling" or "guiding" ancestors didn't practice this. I knew I was of Central African ancestry but as it came out, I was not Bakongo. My ancestors were Bateke. They lived near the Bakongo and at one time were allies of the northern Bakongo kingdom of Loango; however, in time, they became bitter enemies and my ancestors were introduced to slavery via the Bakongo. For me to initiate further into Ma Yombe would be a slap in the face of my Bateke ancestors.

Also, like the brother, my ancestors were not Yoruba. My ancestors were the Vodu. I have Fongbe and Ewe ancestry. Yoruba were the enemies of my ancestors. I was born into Vodun. The Vodu claimed me before my birth. My ruling ancestors and clan are Fon and my ancestral spiritual system is Vodun.

Knowledge of Self in the truest sense extends far greater than the superficial and our forced generic application of the Black race. Knowledge of Self speaks to one's ruling ancestral ethnic and cultural origins. It goes back to one's own family. The concept of blood and genetic lineage in many traditional African systems are more than merely physiological, more than red blood cells, hemoglobin, plasma, or genotype (haplotype, MtDna and Y Chromosome).

The blood carries the ase of generations of family, the history, the strengths, the covenants, the taboos, spiritual inheritance, the honorary relationships of relations - one's true story. One's Knowledge of Self. This is a Self-Knowledge that no book, charismatic speaker or generic application can provide. It can only be conveyed by remembering who you were and are with the guidance of the ones who live in you and are you - your ancestors. Thus if you do not know or even care to know you your direct blood ancestors were you can never have even a glimpse of Knowledge of Self.

2. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +604
    Which is very very interesting, but don’t you think that the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of the last 500 years is our greatest test, along with the only practical advantage of just how forcibly our name, language, culture and history were removed now providing US with an opportunity to address the BIG PICTURE; as opposed to reverting to the primitive tribalism [which is why I haven’t bothered to do the DNA test that would let me know exactly which African clan my ancestors came from] that made easier one of the worst longest running collective defeats on the historical record?

Aren’t we very very fortunate that our truly brilliant scholars like Dr Frances Cress-Welsing and Marimba Ani have done so much through the books that they have written [The Isis Papers and the even more rigorous Yurugu – An African centred critique of European Cultural Though and Behaviour; with regard to highlighting the ongoing nature of the African HOLOCAUST in the 21st century?

Isn’t the TRUTH the fact that non-whites in general, we peoples of African ethnicity in the UK, USA, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa specifically, are all frontline soldiers in a War that has NEVER EVER been openly declared then or now by these so despicably cowardly Semitic/White PARASITES, just very very efficiently waged/they JUST DO IT?

Though Dr Martin Luther King and many others literally paid with their lives battling for our equality as part of the Civil Rights struggle in the USA, wasn’t Malcolm X even more specifically accurate/on point when he proposed to have the USA brought before the UN/World Court for their systematic/CRIMINAL onslaught on the HUMAN RIGHTS of African Americans; in that isn’t it a FACT that the Civil Rights struggle would never have been necessary if African Americans had been accorded the same rights enjoyed by Whites as standard under the USA’s constitution?

How many of us are aware of the ongoing dispute between Japan, China and Korea TODAY with regard to the manner in which the Japanese continue to either marginalize or totally ignore the CRIMES they committed during WWII,. with any Japanese history teacher who attempts to teach anything about the so easily verifiable facts [that would poison/stunt their collective ego/national pride] with regard to 11 million Chinese slaughtered by the Japanese between 1930-45 [despite the fact that the Japanese paid $50 billion in reparations to China in the 1990’s], being immediately fired?

Aren’t the more successful nations/ethnic groups [as superbly exemplified by Japan/but the European and Semitic nations do it too, as standard] very selective to the point of outright LIES about what they actually project and promote as historical facts to their populace, in order to prevent traumatizing negativity from becoming an integral part of their knowledge base/undermining both their individual and collective self esteem?

If they are so carefully selective from a position of considerable socio-economic success/strength don’t the African collective within the USA, UK, the rest of the Diaspora and even more crucially Africa have to be many times more selective with regard to doing more about making sure that Slavery and the last 500 years of totally emasculating traumatizing defeat not being literally the only African history we KNOW [as highlighted by my experience of having absolutely no knowledge of ANY African contributions to technical culture at all, until I was 22 years old]; hinting that our enslavement by Europeans was a blessing that literally saved us all from running around in the jungle as cannibals with bones in our noses?

Nubia/Khemet/Egypt [provided the the cultural electricity/format for Greece and Rome/Europe’s first technical cultures] was both established and ruled by Nubians who battled and resisted the Semitic hordes incursions and invasions for millennia but from the moment Alexander the Macedonian peasant overran Khemet we've been losing this WAR, with the situation becoming a rout when Augustus [Julius Caesar's nephew, heir and history's most maliciously destructive VANDAL] aka Octavian deliberately destroyed Khemet's most spectacular Pyramid at Abu Rawash, which you've never heard of, have YOU?

Augustus Caesar’s so deliberate /strategic piece of cultural vandalism was committed in order to DELETE DJEDEFRAH from history as this African Pharaoh is now acknowledged as the builder of the Sphinx which honours his father Khufu [who built the Great Pyramid at Giza]; and as exemplified by the murderous carnage in Darfur and the Congo TODAY, along with the inane stupidity of the way those so treacherous CLOWNS Goodluck and Zuma and co allowed Africa’s greatest ever Arab benefactor Muamar Gaddafi and his regime to be slaughtered by NATO in 2011, we're still in BIG trouble/losing this WAR, aren't WE?

How many people in our communities in the UK, USA and the rest of the Diaspora and even more crucially in our countries in Africa know anything at all about the African Olmecs who as the intelligentsia/ruling elite, established and ruled Mexico’s first technical culture [according to the British Museum] circa 400-1300 BCE, whereas if you Google the “Olmec Heads” [massive superb granite sculptures weighing between 10-30 tons] 17 of which have been unearthed in Mexico to date, you will find/be able to view for yourself very very graphic evidence of the fact that Africans beat Columbus across the Atlantic as bearers of technical culture by over 2500 years?

Aren’t these facts far more uplifting/empowering than the traumatizing GARBAGE usually projected by the mass media/status quo, which would have us believe that Africans only ever made it across the great oceans as slaves as opposed to our true legacy as spectacularly highlighted by the Olmec Heads [have you ever seen their photos]?

Despite the evidence with regard to how the Aboriginal’s ancestors made it to Australia [large boats drawn on cave walls in Australia/the oldest ocean going vessel ever painted], with another group of Africans [Luzia’s people] crossing the Atlantic to South America [northern Brazil circa 15 000 BCE], who were eventually driven to the Southern tip of South America by arrival of the Native Americans 8000 years ago [with no pure breds left due to the grief they had with European settlers]; highlighting our allegedly primitive ancestors ocean crossing ability, why are we still allowing our people in general, children specifically to ingest poisonous Eurocentric GARBAGE as opposed to TRUTH?

Can you now relate to why utilizing our own updated history curriculum in our communities in the UK, USA and the rest of the Diaspora, and obviously in Africa itself, is so crucial with regard to kick starting the African Renaissance in every area of human activity in the 21st century, and are YOU prepared to help to project and promote this agenda in any way that you can?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

3. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Orisons,

Thank you for your commentary. I have no problem with the general history of African peoples being brought to the fore. We are speaking about true knowledge of Self and unfortunately, knowing the general history of African peoples can not provide us with this knowledge of self, although it may provide the spark to pique our interest to go deeper. Drs. Francis Cress-Welsing and Mama Marimba Ani gave us food for thought but this food for thought can not give us true knowledge of self. True knowledge of Self can only come with us knowing where we come from individually in Africa and other pertinent information that can be gleamed about our stations in life. As people stolen from Africa, we are all trying to reconnect. How can one reconnect and repair the damage of the Maafa if one has no true place, centered on real and actual family connections, to reconnect to? When our ancestors were stolen, they were stolen from actual families, villages, nations and ethnicities; not some romanticized place where everybody was family with no distinction whatsoever. They had a life before slavery. They had a connection. They had mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, children, aunts, and uncles.

I think we view Africa as some faceless place inhabited by faceless people part of faceless families where no real human interaction as we know it took place. We are dispassionately connected to Africa based on political and nationalistic inclinations that have create nameless brother and sisterhoods with other African people. We view Africa, it appears, through political tinged lenses that were forged due to our recognition of the exploitation and injustice perpetrated against the Black collective via Eurocentrism and White supremacy. Without Eurocentrism and White Supremacy being part of the equation, what practical connection to African peoples in a cultural and historical context do we have?

We champion these things due to opposition, but if we had nothing to fight against that attempted to dehumanize and justify the assault on the integrity and dignity of the Black race would we even care?

The uplifting of the Black race is important, but uplifting our individual families and honoring our families' legacies and truth is more essential. You can honor and respect the Black race even if you honor and respect the Black families, lineages, clans, nations and ethnicities within it, but can not honor and respect the Black race if you seek the minimize or reject the validity of those families, lineages, clans, nations and ethnicities.

Without our families, there would no Black race. Nothing happens in a void. We were not birthed from some almighty supreme Black tribe in Africa. Life in America has forced us to think this way, that all Black people came from the same place and tribe - some fictionalized "universal united Negro tribe of Alkebulan" or "Tribe of Shabazz" or "Tribe of Judah" or "United African Nations of Kemet/Nubia/Kush" or "The 12 Tribes of Israel" or "the Pan-African Republic of Nationalistic African States", but again that is the struggle and challenge of Black America with not true knowledge of Self.

4. Orisons

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +604
    Which is very very interesting, but don’t you think that the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of the last 500 years is our greatest test, along with the only practical advantage of just how forcibly our name, language, culture and history were removed now providing US with an opportunity to address the BIG PICTURE; as opposed to reverting to the primitive tribalism [which is why I haven’t bothered to do the DNA test that would let me know exactly which African clan my ancestors came from] that made easier one of the worst longest running collective defeats on the historical record?

Well, are you going to answer this question?

Suppose WE all managed to connect to the remnants of the various African clans that we came from assuming that some of them have not been completely exterminated; as these clans FAILED so catastrophically to cope with the constant harassment and warfare from Semites and the subsequent coup de grace of Slavery and European Colonialism/one of the worst collective defeats on the historical record; how/why are these groups tribes going to be any more successful with regard to adequately securing our families, communities, countries TODAY, than they were in the past?

Isn’t a major constituent of the GRIEF we all still face the fact that peoples of African ethnicity in Africa and the Diaspora are still in severe trauma/catastrophic SHOCK due to the so all pervasive scale/range of our so totally devastating collective defeat due to the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years duration?
    Wherever we live in the Diaspora (whether in Jamaica, Brazil, USA, UK etc) regardless of what our current nationalities are, at least we know that we are not really at home are WE, because our original home is Africa (even though some of us consciously repress that fact)?
    However isn’t it a FACT that even the peoples of African ethnicity in Africa have had to cope with the totally emasculating trauma of being completely dominated by our enemies during Europe's Imperialist/colonial stage of the onslaught [started by Semites 3000 BCE] on their own land/ancestral home, completely losing control of Africa, the wealthiest continent on Earth?
    I compared it to a total stranger walking into your 20 bedroom mansion and subsequently [having the means of] forcing you to live in the smallest room; an African friend of mine corrected my assertion; he said “When they came to Ghana they didn’t make us live in the smallest room; they told us the toilet is where we belonged and made us stay there”.
    Isn’t it standard procedure for military combatants to be debriefed after combat operations or wars, due to the fact that without debriefing it would be virtually impossible for the combatants to regain their psychic balance/equilibrium after a prolonged traumatic experience?
    Don’t the more obviously severely wounded/damaged also subsequently receive whatever psychotherapy psychoanalysts deduce is required to make them whole [though for some the damage is irreparable?
    Contrast those facts with the non-existent psychotherapy we peoples of African ethnicity (in Africa and the Diaspora which includes the USA, UK and Caribbean) have received to date (in conjunction with the fact that as opposed to acknowledging the wrongs, saying sorry and making reparations, aren’t our enemies making the same play again in the guise of their WAR ON TERROR) after surviving the so maliciously EVIL, sadistic Genocide/HOLOCAST perpetrated by our White Supremacist Racist enemies ancestors against our ancestors over the last 500 years, so why would you or anyone be surprised that our communities display such a wide array of socio-economic dysfunction, TODAY?
    Can you now relate to why utilizing our own updated with the TRUTH history [as provided by our own scholars like Dr Henrik Clark, Che Ante Diop, Dr Ivan van Sertima and Anthony T Browder] curriculum in our communities in the UK, USA and the rest of the Diaspora, and obviously in Africa itself, is so crucial with regard to kick starting the African Renaissance in every area of human activity in the 21st century?

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    I respect your opinion and understand your passion but we are speaking two different languages. Your posts take what I consider to be a reactionary standpoint. Everything is based on the "Holocaust" or "War" on Black folks. White people are irrelevant. My concern is Black people and the road to Knowledge of Self. I am not afraid of white folks. My spirits and ancestors protect me, assist me and guide me. With them having my back, white people do not exist in my world. I am not belittling the struggle our people have had but the ancestors are calling us to return to our roots first and foremost.

6. Orisons

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +604

Suppose WE all managed to connect to the remnants of the various African clans that we came from assuming that some of them have not been completely exterminated; as these clans FAILED so catastrophically to cope with the constant harassment and warfare from Semites for 3000 years before Alexander [the Macedonian Peasant] took over their onslaught] and the subsequent coup de grace of Slavery and European Colonialism/one of the worst collective defeats on the historical record; how/why are these groups tribes going to be any more successful with regard to adequately securing our families, communities, countries TODAY, than they were in the past?

Isn’t a major constituent of the GRIEF we all still face the fact that peoples of African ethnicity in Africa and the Diaspora are still in severe trauma/catastrophic SHOCK due to the so all pervasive scale/range of our so totally devastating collective defeat due to the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years duration?
    Well, are you saying that you cannot rationally evaluate just how relevant to your agenda addressing and answering the questions above are?
    Are you independently wealthy or do you work/have a job?

Which differs from what I’m imploring you to rationally assess/discuss/debate/do, below, how exactly?

Contrast those facts with the non-existent psychotherapy we peoples of African ethnicity (in Africa and the Diaspora which includes the USA, UK and Caribbean) have received to date (in conjunction with the fact that as opposed to acknowledging the wrongs, saying sorry and making reparations, aren’t our enemies making the same play again in the guise of their WAR ON TERROR) after surviving the so maliciously EVIL, sadistic Genocide/HOLOCAST perpetrated by our White Supremacist Racist enemies ancestors against our ancestors over the last 500 years, so why would you or anyone be surprised that our communities display such a wide array of socio-economic dysfunction, TODAY?
    Can you now relate to why utilizing our own updated with the TRUTH history [as provided by our own scholars like Dr Henrik Clark, Che Ante Diop, Dr Ivan van Sertima and Anthony T Browder] curriculum in our communities in the UK, USA and the rest of the Diaspora, and obviously in Africa itself, is so crucial with regard to kick starting the African Renaissance in every area of human activity in the 21st century?

7. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Orisons,

My apologies for the delay. Here is my thought. We are one two separate buses and we are passing each other by. I subscribe to the notion that there is real inherent power that can derived in the spiritual traditions of our ancestors. I believe this power can be harness to elevate Black people that world over to a much grander scale than we presently are. As a practitioner of these traditions, I have witnessed first hand the awesome and reality changing force they have. Honestly, I actively subscribe to Sankofa... it is not taboo to go back and fetch what we forgot or lost. I live the traditions as a way of life and notice the impact the ancestors and spirits can have. But to answer your questions....

I am definitely not advancing tribalism period. I am a Black man born in the Americas. I am advancing knowledge of one's own individual family connections and gaining the strength and fortitude from that knowledge to endure, thrive and create. The assault on the African populace has forced us to think in terms of a Black collective and I am not rejecting such thinking, but still we have family connections that must be honored and acknowledged. A many Black people are being called by their ancestors to return back to their ancestral traditions. The 400+ years of separation have not dissolved our rightful memberships in various clans based in the homeland or eradicated our commitments or obligations to our ancestors. Remember its because of your grandmother's grandmother's grandmother's grandmother's blood that you have the opportunity to discuss this topic with me today or the will to combat the enemies to the integrity or sovereignty of African peoples.

Suppose we all managed to connect with the knowledge we can gleam from our respective clans' histories, spiritual inheritances and such, armed with this knowledge we can find better direction of those ancestors and spirits that presently walk with us to ensure success in this life and for our progeny. This is true knowledge of Self, homie. If you have a propensity for certain medical conditions and other things in your bloodline, that are unknown, how wouldn't knowing this information not be beneficial for you?

Severe trauma? Yes. However, are we to remain stagnant and complain about the trauma or do we decide to embark on a healing process? How do we heal? One part of that is reconnecting to and retrieving our ancestral souls.

The road to healing does not have a silver bullet - an one answer solution but the understanding of where we come from is paramount if the healing to take place.

http://www.restorationhealing.com/roots_readings

8. Orisons

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +604
    Orisons,
    My apologies for the delay. Here is my thought. We are one two separate buses and we are passing each other by. I subscribe to the notion that there is real inherent power that can derived in the spiritual traditions of our ancestors. I believe this power can be harness to elevate Black people that world over to a much grander scale than we presently are. As a practitioner of these traditions, I have witnessed first hand the awesome and reality changing force they have. Honestly, I actively subscribe to Sankofa... it is not taboo to go back and fetch what we forgot or lost. I live the traditions as a way of life and notice the impact the ancestors and spirits can have. But to answer your questions....
    Which is very very interesting, but don’t you think that the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of the last 500 years is our greatest test, along with the only practical advantage of just how forcibly our name, language, culture and history were removed now providing US with an opportunity to address the BIG PICTURE; as opposed to reverting to the primitive tribalism [which is why I haven’t bothered to do the DNA test that would let me know exactly which African clan my ancestors came from] that made easier one of the worst longest running collective defeats on the historical record? I am definitely not advancing tribalism period. I am a Black man born in the Americas. I am advancing knowledge of one's own individual family connections and gaining the strength and fortitude from that knowledge to endure, thrive and create. The assault on the African populace has forced us to think in terms of a Black collective and I am not rejecting such thinking, but still we have family connections that must be honored and acknowledged.
    A many Black people are being called by their ancestors to return back to their ancestral traditions. The 400+ years of separation have not dissolved our rightful memberships in various clans based in the homeland or eradicated our commitments or obligations to our ancestors.
    Remember its because of your grandmother's grandmother's grandmother's grandmother's blood that you have the opportunity to discuss this topic with me today or the will to combat the enemies to the integrity or sovereignty of African peoples.But what is to be gained from the ancestors who were too broken/distressed/weakened by the Semitic onslaught to cope with the coup de grace applied by hundreds of years of African chattel slavery and the European colonialism that followed it; as opposed to those who built and ruled Nubia/Khemet/Egypt and the other technical cultures, rather than the somewhat primitive clans we were reduced to by the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of over 500 years duration?

Suppose WE all managed to connect to the remnants of the various African clans that we came from assuming that some of them have not been completely exterminated; as these clans FAILED so catastrophically to cope with the constant harassment and warfare from Semites for 3000 years before Alexander [the Macedonian Peasant] took over the onslaught] and the subsequent coup de grace of Slavery and European Colonialism/one of the worst collective defeats on the historical record; how/why are these groups tribes going to be any more successful with regard to adequately securing our families, communities, countries TODAY, than they were in the past? Suppose we all managed to connect with the knowledge we can gleam from our respective clans' histories, spiritual inheritances and such, armed with this knowledge we can find better direction of those ancestors and spirits that presently walk with us to ensure success in this life and for our progeny. This is true knowledge of Self, homie. If you have a propensity for certain medical conditions and other things in your bloodline, that are unknown, how wouldn't knowing this information not be beneficial for you? Are our bloodlines still pure enough to discern inherited genetic disorders apart from perhaps sickle cell, whereas aren’t the remnants of the many ethnic clans [as highlighted by the 200 within Nigeria, whereas within the UK there is still a lot of grief today between 4, the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish] still causing problems/divisions aiding foreign divide and rule in Africa, TODAY?
    Severe trauma? Yes. However, are we to remain stagnant and complain about the trauma or do we decide to embark on a healing process? How do we heal? One part of that is reconnecting to and retrieving our ancestral souls.
    The road to healing does not have a silver bullet - an one answer solution but the understanding of where we come from is paramount if the healing to take place. TRUE, but wouldn’t projection and promotion of our TRUE history in general, specifically our so diverse range of totally marginalized and ignored by the current status quo contributions to civilization in every area of human activity over the last 5000 years, also be very cathartic; which explains why our enemies are so determined to keep us ignorant of the TRUTH?
    Well, are you saying that you cannot rationally evaluate just how relevant to your agenda addressing and answering the questions above are? Well!
    Are you independently wealthy or do you work/have a job?Are YOU going to answer this question as isn't it very relevant to your assertion with regards to the existence of whites?
    Which differs from what I’m imploring you to assess embrace, project and promote below, how exactly?

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Would certain "knowledge of self" serve to unify or divide the already scattered and mixed black people of the earth, Blackbird?

I ask because there always seems to be a reason for division, but what's more, a "I'm better than you" division.

It's not that I think it's bad to know where we started, but that collectively we are viewed as the scum of the earth simply for being dark, and so collectively have we tried to come up from under that. Wouldn't there be a need to overcome that before one can truly sit comfortably to look at the differences?

Ya know, kind of how caucasians sit comfortably and can look at their differences in their sub-tribes?

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    I am not following you. I can't understand how you can believe are ancestors were too broken/distressed/weakened. Give our ancestors some credit. Also you are using a value statement to argue your point and using a measuring stick defined by whom. Words like "broken", "weakened", "primitive" and "reduced" to describe our African ancestors sound odiously familiar. When you use those terms as adjectives of our ancestral cultures in contrast to the "technical cultures", I can't help but sense a gross lack of knowledge regarding African peoples and the complexity and depth of those "primitive" and "broken" cultures and a valuing that antiquated Egyptologists used to propel Nubia/Khemet/Egypt onto a higher pedestal above the "Negro" cultures of demoralized and dark without any light Sub-Saharan Africa.

Are the complex governmental systems of Oyo, Daxome, old Songhai, the Akan states, and the Bakongo states not advanced enough to be above "primitive"?

Is the architectural craftsmanship of Fante, Nankonse, or Mbundu houses the work of broken people?

Are the cosmological understandings found in the complex mathematical and physical knowledge of Ifa, the deep concepts of the space time and its manipulation among the Bantu ngangas, the metaphysical and meta-biological wisdom of Vodou and the ability of the Igbo dibia the creation of weakened spiritual minds?

Are the standing cavalries of Oyo, the Mossi, Borgu, and the Hausa the failings of being in a reduced state?

Again we are speaking of an understanding of the deep knowledge of our ancestors, especially on the spiritual realm. The scope is we all descend from the deified ancestors and lofty spirits. We are not examined just physical DNA, but spiritual DNA. Like for me, the Vodu are in my blood and my bloodline - the Vodu are my ancestors.

The TRUTH is found within your blood.

I didn't really want to answer this question but let's just say... I have been very blessed. My ancestors took me from being homeless and broke to a fairly decent life with no complaints. My ancestors provide. Let's just say I am living a life financially beyond my dreams, especially when I was homeless. I don't work for white people. I have white employees that work for me.

Overall brother, no offense, all you have given me is rhetoric. I once used to talk the same talk; however, my ancestors have empowered me. I am no longer a victim. I refused to allow myself to be victimized. Has the obruni set up a worldwide global system? Yes. But if we truly believe we are who you say we are - ask yourself how can we be victims? I am not here to question why or how slavery happened. It happened because it was supposed to because if it wasn't supposed to it would have never occurred. Were lessons to be learned? Of course. My focus is how I return back through the Door of No Return to wholeness and help my people through my limited understanding as well.

I was told diamonds are formed by extreme force and pressure. They are taken from a base state and transformed into something desirable. They are tough on the outside and luminous at their core. Ase!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Black Knowledge of Self

2. african knowledge of self