Black Spirituality Religion : Knowledge of Self

FaithSoulSistah said:
I watched your clip on validation and I understand. I can relate to you in a lot of ways Sis. True.

But you know very well how corrupt this Matrix is. So we are all corrupted to varying degress. And often we do not do the things that are healthy and life-giving, but those that are unhealthy and sick. We don't always take the time to nurture relationships, friendships, etc.

Validation is important, but it can be fleeting for many of us. But we HAVE to function whether we receive it or not. We have to dig deep down and validate ourselves, even if no one else does. What is the alternative? I'm well aware of how unsettling and chaotic it is to seek too much outside validation. Sometimes you get it, sometimes not. You're up and down on a rollercoaster of emotions. Get off that rollercoster sis.

Yo...getting off the rollercoaster means death to me. Cause as long as I live on this side, well...it's just part of life. Now, this DOES NOT mean that I am in CONSTANT need of validation. Cause I have ways of validating myself through Spirit. It's just that I don't know what it means to "get off"..cause, I think EVERYBODY is up and down. To me, that's simply a recognition and validation of EMOTIONS which is energy in motion. They are just FEELINGS and feelings come and go.

I might encounter the same experience in two different situations and one day feel anger and the next feel sadness, fear or even joy...just depends on where my Spirit is any given day and time. If people are able to be the same way all the time...then that's good for them. I am ok with me ..most of the time. Bottom line, LIFE ...this life WE live ...is like being on rollercoaster with constant changes on so many different levels. Part of my work these days is learning to accept and be content in this reality and continue to strive, seek out and create experiences which feedback that which I desire to give

Now on my journey, there have been many who have touched me in some form or fashion. But the "fruits" of their labor is not always immediate though. Some have actually pizzed me off, but later I come to see that there is merit in what they presented. People plant seeds all the time whether they realize it or not. (Some good, some not)

True enough and it's always a very good feeling (joy, excitment) when that happens. When the lightbuld comes on and I'm able to "see the light", I often smile.

I can understand the need to "see" that you are making an impact. But you talked in another thread about how we are wrapped up in seeking "proof" of things. Well you may not always get "proof" that what you offer is appreciated or making an impact. Just trust that you will reach those who need what you offer when the time is right.

True again for me as well. It is about being content with the fact that we are all always planting seeds. This is what keeps the coaster moving and supports me with continuing to give of myself...despite the fact that it seems something is not being recieved.
So you are TrueToTheCause and that's great. But learn to ENJOY and DELIGHT in being TrueToAbena. :sand:

Thank you Sis for sharing your words of wisdom. And know this...being TrueToTheCause is the same as being TrueToAbena...for WE are ONE

:hearts2:

truetothecause said:
Why do you say that:?:

I had a sense that you were overstanding M.E. 100% and I heard you echoing many things I said:?:

:hearts2:

Well I thought you were stressing too much because of the lack of validation and not fully enjoying just being Abena. But your previous post seems contrary to what I thought. :10500:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back