Black Spirituality Religion : Know Self : We are stardust.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, May 19, 2012.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Within us is the same substance as that which vivifies the Kingdom Of God --- Light.

But, maybe we should not call the Kingdom within us God. Religion has given the name God to much of a bad reputation. We could, maybe, call God ... Universal Law ... or, maybe, Original Truth?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

2. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    So ... light. Specifically light from stars. It that who/what God is?

Well ... scripture says Christ is Light [St. John 8:12]. And, it says we, you and I, are to be the Light [Matthew 5:14].

But we are running up against the limitations of language. For millenia, wise men have been saying that God [aka Jehovah, aka Allah, aka Brahman, etc., etc.] is beyond name and form. Which, if true, means no language spoken by men [least of all English] could adequately characterize God [aka Jehovah, aka Allah, aka Brahman, etc., etc.]. Hence, it is said, when asked about God, the Buddha just put a finger to his lips and said nothing.

Which is pretty profound when you deeply thing about it. Could he have described God any better than as No-Thing? Think about that.

One now mortally deceased wise man [Sri Yukteswar] wrote that 'God' [insert whatever name you prefer for That-Whose-Name-Can-Not-Be-Uttered] is the only real substance in the universe. That means, borrowing from Vedantic texts, Not This, Not That.

Aka No-Thing.

But, this is a internet forum. I could not be quite understandable if I tried to refer to God to you as No-Thing, or Not-This-Not-That. Even though that would be just as accurate as saying We-Are-Stardust.

Or as accurate as Jesus the Christ praying to God "I in them and thou in me that they may be made Perfect in One" [St. John 17:23]. Or him saying "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" [Matthew 5:48]. And, again, him saying "the Kingdom of God is within you" [Luke 17:21].

What am I trying to say?

Well ...

Mortals are not perfect. To be perfect, we would have to be Immortal. Immortal means being with no beginning and no end. And, God is without beginning and end [Psalms 93:2].

So, if Jesus the Christ is praying that we --- you and I --- may be God ...

Why aren't the self-appointed curators of the Gospel of Jesus telling us that? Telling us that it is the Will of Christ that we be God?

Well ...

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    :em3700:are you floating six inches off the ground?

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Why the emphasis on "light" when darkness is the ruler? The universe is more dark than it is light. Light comes from darkness, darkness does not come from light. I know you know this. So my question is shouldn't "god" (a term I hate to use") be more than just "light". Doesn't "light" eventually fade, while darkness is forever.

IMO concentrating on "light" is more in the realm of looking at the universe in terms of separation. When we KNOW the universe is ONE.

5. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    If I only see One, how can there be two, with one [darkness] ruling over the Other [light].

The One is not darkness, Self is not black.

Thou art not that.

Thou art not anything having to do with the body [not skin color, for instance].

6. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I used ruler in the sense of dark doesn't come from light, but the other way around light comes from dark.
    There is not 2, there is one. It's just like a coin. A coin has 2 sides head or tails, yet the coin is one.

I agree.

7. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    What the scientists were saying is just way cooler.