Black Men : Know how to fight?

No, I don't know how to DEFEND myself. I wish I did, and for the longest time I've been telling myself to not just go to the gym but also learn a self defense art (got a family to protect now too). Maybe something like boxing or muay thai, or maybe something more brutal like krav maga.

In any case, great thread brah.

One,

- Ikoro

I hadn't heard of krav maga.. yeah thats brutal.. it would be nice to be that able though..

My 17 year old is 4 inches taller than me and goes to the gym everyday. Every now and then he thinks he is ready to take on dad. I try to make quick work of him because my endurance isn't what it used to be. My other boys all wrestle me at the same time. I typically pile them up in one big pile.

That's just wrestling.

My 20 year old is all about tactics. He is not as large as my 17 year old or even me. But he does have speed and technique. Unfortunately for him, speed and technique isnt enough to overcome strenght and size.

In this day and age, however, I do not fight. I will not fight.

My sons have a code among them, the word is "Deploy". If any of them encounter a confrontation, they announce "Deploy" and their brothers all stop what ever they are doing and all come to their aid. If they see any of their sisters or brothers about to be involved in a confrontation, they will announce "Deploy" and each of them will deploy to their sibblings aid.

They have practiced this dozens of times but have only used it twice. In both cases it accomplished its purpose to difuse the situation and send the message that our family comes as a package deal. They cannot used it as the aggressor.

Me personally, as I said, I do not fight. I will not fight. I have seen too many young Black men die over foolishness in this day and age. I don't want to die over foolishness and I don't want to kill anyone over foolishess. There is nothing you can SAY to me that will make me get physical with you. I will in no circumstance initiated physical contact with you. I will not, on the otherhand, allow you to lay hands on me or especially my family. If all else has failed, I will do what I have to do to stop you from attacking me. That means as little or as much as needs to be done. (when I say "you" I don't mean anybody in particular).
That,

in all joking aside,
is a very Ancient Spiritual and Sacred bond of Father and Son that you all can horse around like that in thier later years and adolecence and that is a beautiful bond

and traditon they wiill more then likely keep with your grands!!

James.. man.. has time completely extinguished your flame? or what?
I can tell by your pictures that you used choke folks out.. Fighting is not the
antithesis of thinking. The question here is, after the thinking is through,
and the decision has been made, do you know what to do? Is your physical
intelligence intact? Do you know how to use your body to affect the outcome
of a physical struggle? I know you are my father's age but their
are martial arts like Aikido that older people can do.. and from what I've
read and seen the older you get the more important it is that you excercise
that mind to body connection..

when i was young i practiced praying mantis in chinatown.

now that i am old i see brothers all over philly who are not thinking.

No, I don't know how to DEFEND myself. I wish I did, and for the longest time I've been telling myself to not just go to the gym but also learn a self defense art (got a family to protect now too). Maybe something like boxing or muay thai, or maybe something more brutal like krav maga.

In any case, great thread brah.

One,

- Ikoro

Thank you for including the difference on DEFEND versus fighting. That is a clue. I can totally understand one having to defend themselves. I abhor that anyone has to fight and does fight.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back