Black Short Stories : Knocking on heaven's door........part two

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by nevar, Mar 2, 2009.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    My best friend and I dream of our freedom. And our dream will come true because not only do we have it in our mind, but in our heart. We both had heard of a black female moses. We heard she has lead many of former slaves to their freedom. Many don't believe that tale our grandma told us of her bravery. How she was fearless, and how no man could take her. Well I think I have that same fighting spirit within. There were times when Grandma would speak about Grandfather how others tried to escape. It saddens me when Grandma told me what happen to my grandfather.

One day he just told her he was going to knock on Heaven's door. And she had heard him say he was going to but didn't take him serious. She said he told her of the others and as soon as the light go down their moving out. If he make it he will come back for her. She thought he was just messing with her, and just went on about her business. Night came and she had fell asleep, and was awaken by the sound of gunfire. She awaken with hot beads of sweat feeling for her Daniel. But Daniel was no where to be found. She ran outside and the air was thick filled with the blood of the innocent. The wind begin to blow a little as the name of her beloved was whispered to her. All the other women folk who husband had ran off were in tears. One of the boss daughter ran up to my grandmother , and told of her what was to happen. She told her her head strong husband and others were to be hunged if they was caught. And she also told her who was the traitor amongst them. When she spoke of the traitor name she looked over at him. The look grandma gave him was deeper than any knife could ever cut. He immediately ran into his shack for he knows what the penalty for being a massus favorite.

One of the runaway wife came over to speak with my grandmother. I can just almost imagine myself there when she spoke of the conversation she had with her. (Sierra) your husband ain't nothing but a dreamer and led my Jeremiah right along to hell with him. I told Jeremiah not to listen to that big talker, but no we all lose tonight all because of you. You are too blame if anything, I mean anything happen to him. I hope they escape to this so-called Heaven your high and mighty family spoke about. Because if they are caught I am going to kick your @ss. She was shocked that Sierra had spoken to her like that. The fire upon her tongued made grandma buck up. How dare the run away wives looked down upon her. After all we been through and this is how we do each other. I am no different from them except the massus daughter. She is fond to me and has been helping my family. She is one of the few that believes we are to be free people. There has been many in her family that has been good to us, and taught us how to read. She told me how her great grandparents on down the line had become real good friends with Becca family member. We owe everything to John Hoggins. He was real good childhood friends with my grandpa on down the line. And he told him how he wish he could change everything. What could he do he was only eight. So John vowed to help him and his family anyway he could. He kept to his promise in the light he treated him like he was suppose to, and in the dark they was best friends.

This is how we are so smart, and educators amongst us. Our family has taught so many others to read and write. But one day grandpa got a little too comfortable. Now there was a lady of the family who was very fond of my grandpa. She wanted him to be her personal bed partner. Of course grandpa refused because he know the consequence of laying with a white woman. So while every one was outside for their many barbecue picnic. Grandpa was in the kitchen getting something and she came up and grabbed him. She begin to touch his private part getting him arroused. She saw what grandpa was carrying and decided she wanted it from him. He tried to get away from her but her strength was something. She made him come down to a secret sellar that he knew nothing about. She demanded he sleep with her, and he refused. She had slapped and scratched him. He had still refuse to sleep with her until she had undo his pants till his nakedness had shown. She lifted up her dress and made him have relations. He was scared for his life and did just that. Just then the woman husband walked in on them having relations.

He had gotten angry and rushed to save his wife. Mr. John heard the commotions came flying in, and saw a bloody figure. He turned on the light to see his best friend bleeding from below. He asked what had happen. My great, great so many great grandfather couldn't speak because of the pain he was in. The lady husband told him that he caught his darkie raping his wife. Mr. John couldn't believe it he knew that she like to mess with his slaves. He couldn't stand up for his friend for he was afraid what will happen to his own family. To be continued...............

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Nevar, oh my goodness, how I felt the intensity of this story. wow...

3. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    thank you watz I didn't want to stir up anything. I just wanted to test the water as a writer. I don't have any knowledge of what slavery was for our ancestors just my vivid imagination. Thank you for reading me......​

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    This story hittin home and round the corner feeling all this here , one thing for sure
    FREEDOM of Speech we have today and we use it to fight one another leaves many
    forefathers and ancestors turning in there eternal resting place......wow ! sis write write and write right on
    tell the story as you feel it , often it happen as u envision it .