Black People : KKK Rally in Memphis, TN today...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Mar 30, 2013.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Memphis cops wary of ‘powder kegs’ during Ku Klux Klan rally

By Arturo Garcia
    Friday, March 29, 2013 23:01 EDT
    A large portion of downtown Memphis, Tennessee, will be locked down Saturday to avoid hostilities during a rally organized by the Ku Klux Klan.
    WMC-TV reported on Friday that pedestrian, commercial and auto traffic will be diverted around the area surrounding the Shelby County courthouse, where the rally is scheduled to be held.
    The only people allowed inside will be klan members and participants in an opposing rally organized by a local civic group, Power to the People, and all of them will have to go through a security checkpoint.

Organizers of the “white unity event” said it will be a response to the Memphis City Council’s decision in February 2013 to rename local parks named after Confederate figures Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest and the Confederacy itself. They also said they expect Klansmen to be bused in from several other states.
    The Associated Press reported that the increased security reflects officials’ hope of avoiding a repeat of the scene during a 1998 klan rally, which turned into a brawl that led to the arrest of 20 people. This year, authorities said, they are accounting for not only klan members and other white-supremacy groups, but members of the city’s local gangs who may want to disrupt the event....

[​IMG]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/29/memphis-cops-wary-of-powder-kegs-during-ku-klux-klan-rally/

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    KKK Rally Over Renaming Of Parks In Memphis Draws Opposition From Sons of Confederate Veterans

The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender Posted: 02/18/2013 11
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/kkk-rally-_n_2711390.html

...The KKK applied for a permit to hold a March 30 rally in opposition to the renaming of three parks -- Nathan Bedford Forrest Park, Confederate Park and Jefferson Davis Park. The Tennessee leader of the KKK reportedly told Action News 5 the gathering would be "the largest rally Memphis, Tennessee has ever seen."

...Despite his opposition to the KKK rally, Millar said he agreed the park names should be left alone.

"These are 100 year old historic parks," Millar said. "They need to leave the names alone. By changing them, they're bringing a lot of rage among the citizens of Memphis and drawing personal attention and negative attention to Memphis trying to erase history."
    Uproar over the renaming of parks began in Feb. 2012. The AP reported earlier:
    The statue of Confederate fighter Nathan Bedford Forrest astride a horse towers above the Memphis park bearing his name. It's a larger-than-life tribute to the warrior still admired by many for fiercely defending the South in the Civil War – and scorned by others for a slave-trading past and ties to the Ku Klux Klan.
    Though the bloodiest war on American soil was fought 150 years ago, racially tinged discord flared before its City Council voted this week to strip Forrest's name from the downtown park and call it Health Sciences Park. It also voted to rename Confederate Park as Memphis Park and Jefferson Davis Park as Mississippi River Park.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Wait, what? Why is this even allowed? Are the KKK not accounted for as a terrorist organization against Americans? They hate anyone black, particularly black American folk, and have a history of killing these types of Americans, so why is a terror gang in America allowed a rally in America?

They cry freedom, but this is a group based on taking lives unjustly for the sake of their white skin, and they still proclaim these same beliefs today, so what's the justification? I don't care of it wasn't against the law then, it is now, and they still back it, so they need to be handled from spreading such stupidity.

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    The KKK is not against so-called "Americans." It is against Blacks, Jews, other minorities and Communism.

However, LEGALLY-speaking, there are differentiating factors between a "DOMESTIC TERRORIST GROUP," a "SPECIAL INTEREST TERRORIST GROUP," and a "HATE GROUP" as defined and handled by the FBI.

But, as "AMERICANS" they have Constitutional Rights to "freedom of speech" and "assembly" as any other group, Black, White, Jew, or other.

There are countless KKK and other white supremacists churches, groups and websites on the Internet.

As with any "American," one may not LIKE what they say; but they still have the "Right" to say.

So, the KKK can have rallies and protests and marches just like any other group of "Americans."

5. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I can understand how that is as it's often explained, but to me, I still see it as a terror group against Americans seeing as many affected most by this, are American blacks, Jews, and other who live here.

I know how they like to define it but the way they treat others, like Muslim folk, seems a bit tilted in the favor of any one white being allowed to terrorize people. Meanwhile if a Muslim man does something "suspicious" being dark and all, all Muslims have to be on guard because they may be a threat to American security because white people are affected and apparently make up the whole of America. But black people and others being affected by this can't call it for what it is but have to keep it to hate group.

These are the same people who praise Hitler who was part of a war that killed how many American soldiers? And they still aren't classified as a terrorist group? Like I said, they have a history of terrorizing Americans though they themselves were American; though they(those terrorized) were black and it was near illegal to be so back then(and even now), they still devastated many lives of people who have a right to live without fear of a white guy dressing in a sack running around with a noose.

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Trust & Believe, I am very familiar with the history of the KKK.... even within my own family. Some of my own ancestors were threatened, beaten and killed by the KKK and their stories have been passed down in my family by oral history.

Also, you have to understand the legal, social and historical relationships in this country pertaining to slavery, laws against Blacks after slavery and the racism which still persists. ----- At one time, Blacks were NOT so-called "American citizens" and that truth still lives under the powers of white supremacy.

But, just because YOU view the KKK as a "terrorist group," that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to have a rally.

I responded to your previous post because you asked:

"

7. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I know why you responded; no worries on that.:)

And I know my view of them won't stop them from having rallies, but I do believe my view holds true with many Americans who know a terrorist group for what it is; people who loves terrorizing equates terrorist to me, not simply just "hate group"; it's like they are just trying to dumb it down for us as if to say, "you people aren't important enough to have terrorists come after you, silly! But hows about a hate group? Ya know, like those kids that hate you in high school that like hanging out in the halls smoking cigs?".

Muslims can be terrorists, American born or not, but white people born in the US of A? Not ever! No matter how many Americans they threaten, beat, kill, harass, and so forth, evidently...?

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, you may not realize it; but the KKK and other "hate groups" come after Blacks and other minorities every day under the guise of white supremacy.

The KKK doesn't just wear hoods & sheets. They also wear business suits, judge's robes, police uniforms, etc...

The KKK is also a secretive organization. You have no way of knowing who is in it.... Your neighbors, teachers, etc...even some of your City and State politicians: mayor/governor/representative/senator, etc...

Many of the day-to-day activities and plans of the KKK do not involve any type of "terrorism" but covert, subversive plots to undermine Blacks and other minorities.

And, again, they have every "Right" to have a rally as "American citizens," themselves.

Largely gone are the days of Blacks being publicly lynched and bombings and setting fires..... (again, I say, "largely")...but most of the racist activities of the KKK are hidden.

How do you propose to fight such even IF the organization were deemed as a "terrorist group?"

9. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    It wasn't really based on fighting them, but more of an observation of how some seem to have more rights than others in America; yes, we all can rally, but some are given more room than others when they have a violent history or violent and/or shady associations, it seems.

I guess I remembered a time when I was frequenting a site called "white watch"; heard of it? It talks about all the crimes white people commit everyday but goes under-reported. Now, just like here, some white people tended to pop up every now and again(for what reason? I guess to antagonize and defend the actions of those who look like them.), and one white woman showed up on the site defending KKK members in her neighborhood burning crosses and such. She said she "didn't agree" with them, but that it was their "every right" to do as they pleased. She lived in a more closed off community where they had no black people at all, and she didn't see a problem with what they did because she felt no black person would ever move to her neighborhood.

Now a brother came into the picture and called her out for covert racism she seemed not to understand. He spoke on how if the KKK members were instead Black Panthers having a ball and rallying around, she and her whole neighborhood wouldn't cease with calling meetings and petitioning until that all was stopped. And they wouldn't at all call it "their right" simply because they, the white people, would feel threatened. He also was stating how it was unfair that she lacked in action to stop such a thing from a well known terroist group just because she felt no black person would ever move into the neighborhood; he asked her why she would assume none woulds ever move there, and he stated himself it was likely because she felt black people were just too poor in class to move in, which he then asked why she was so confident all blacks would just be too poor to ever have a shot, and he ended with letting her know he felt it was because she was brought up in a world where even whites who say they aren't racist knowingly feel they'll never have to think on any black person taking "their spot" in the country since the system of oppression they deny is just that great.

Well, that's more or less how things played out, lol

Thinking back on that, and all he was stating and how he explained the terrorist activities of such a group, well, I guess I was holding onto that because when I really sat and thought about it, I recognized that they were indeed being given a pass by white people just because they are white. And since, like you said, many who none would even suspect is joined up with them, you haven't any action being done to putting a stop to what they are continuing. They(the gov) definitely wouldn't listen to any one not white, but white people won't stop it either for reasons that woman gave; their so called right, and where the KKK tend to frequent, what black is going to ever be there anyway not being of the same class?

That's just how I was viewing it.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Thanks a lot for putting my Hood on blast, lol... We changed the name of them dang(wish I could say something else) parks though:rofl:

Since 1985, I've seen real change here, going from a racist two(2) Mayoral office system, to having one Mayor for the city; which just happens to be black dominated.

We got em in check, k...:wink:

Peace In,

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jefferson tower memphis tn