Black Entertainment : KING of Blues the great BB King has died at89

I remember conversations the fellas use to have; saying that Bobby would be bad if he could play like BB, and vice versa.

Peace!

$$RICH$$

Do you remember this album?

View attachment 4288

Peace!
I think it was in 1971 and was #1 on the soul album chart for I think 3 or 4 weeks
and 499 in the book version of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

when we heard KING was over on 26th and California the streets was pack folks everywhere...

I found out a little fun fact a few years ago when I was watching VH1 one hit wonders. Did you know as popular, imitated, and influential Jimi was, and is that he never had a hit.

Even the folks on the panel was shocked at this fact.

Peace!

It depends on how the hit is viewed. For example, he was a one hit wonder, which means he had a hit, but the Billboard rating system is complex (Top #40 are hits). The video I posted, All Along the Watchtower, would be the one hit record, written by Bob Dylan ... Here's more:

What was Jimi Hendrix's only billboard number one hit?

Answer

'All Along The Watchtower ' by Bob Dylan was Jimi Hendrix's only billboard #1 hit. ! Have a great day!

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-was-jimi-hendrix's-only-billboard-number-one-hit

It depends on how the hit is viewed. For example, he was a one hit wonder, which means he had a hit, but the Billboard rating system is complex (Top #40 are hits). The video I posted, All Along the Watchtower, would be the one hit record, written by Bob Dylan ... Here's more:

What was Jimi Hendrix's only billboard number one hit?

Answer

'All Along The Watchtower ' by Bob Dylan was Jimi Hendrix's only billboard #1 hit. ! Have a great day!

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-was-jimi-hendrix's-only-billboard-number-one-hit

Thanks brutha Clyde!!! "Are you experienced" is my favorite. I thought that would be somewhere in the top 10.

Peace!

Thanks brutha Clyde!!! "Are you experienced" is my favorite. I thought that would be somewhere in the top 10.

Peace!

... yvw bro. Enki, actually, its hard for me to single out a favorite, I love 'em all:)

The thing about Jimi, is that he was something to see more than simply listening to his music on head phones or an LP album. If you watch his audiences on YouTube videos, all were mesmerized and just taking it in. Its as though they knew they were watching something very phenomenal ... Hendrix was a genius, unmatched.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back