Black People : Killings by Police & National Guard during Katrina

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by karmashines, Sep 4, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    The refugees, who were waitinRapes, killings hit Katrina refugees in New Orleans

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03464940.htm
    03 Sep 2005 22:52:27 GMT

g to be taken to sports stadiums and other huge shelters across Texas and northern Louisiana, described how the convention center and the Superdome became lawless hellholes beset by rape and murder.

Several residents of the impromptu shantytown recounted two horrific incidents where those charged with keeping people safe had killed them instead.

In one, a young man was run down and then shot by a New Orleans police officer, in another a man seeking help was gunned down by a National Guard soldier, witnesses said.

Police here refused to discuss or confirm either incident. National Guard spokesman Lt. Col Pete Schneider said "I have not heard any information of a weapon being discharged."

"They killed a man here last night," Steve Banka, 28, told Reuters. "A young lady was being raped and stabbed. And the sounds of her screaming got to this man and so he ran out into the street to get help from troops, to try to flag down a passing truck of them, and he jumped up on the truck's windscreen and they shot him dead."

Wade Batiste, 48, recounted another tale of horror.

"Last night at 8 p.m. they shot a kid of just 16. He was just crossing the street. They ran him over, the New Orleans police did, and then they got out of the car and shot him in the head," Batiste said.

The young man's body lay in the street by the Convention Center's entrance on Saturday morning, covered in a black blanket, a stream of congealed blood staining the street around him. Nearby his family sat in shock.

A member of that family, Africa Brumfield, 32, confirmed the incident but declined to be quoted about it, saying her family did not wish to discuss it. But she spoke of general conditions here.

"There is rapes going on here. Women cannot go to the bathroom without men. They are raping them and slitting their throats. They keep telling us the buses are coming but they never leave," she said through tears.

People here said there were now 22 bodies of adults and children stored inside the building, but troops guarding the building refused to confirm that and threatened to beat reporters seeking access to the makeshift morgue.

People trying to walk out are forced back at gunpoint - something troops said was for their own safety. "It's sad, but how far do you think they would get," one soldier said.

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i hope some of our fam shot back at the wild boars. I don't own a weapon after this storm i feel i must. This is truly sad but expected.

one

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Will anybody still say this is god punishing the wicked?

Where are the Bloods and the Crips? They could make themselves useful.

Could this be the first of a Nazi like round up? The Amerikkkan Holacaust?

We've been to comfortable. We don't believe this kind of thing can happen. But belief, no matter how strong or unwavering it is, must give way to reality. It is hapening. Don't be grateful that it's not happening to you. It is happening to you. and to me

4. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    This raises a question we should all ask ourselves: Why is it that this government, as powerful as it is, can infiltrate and destroy every progressive Black movement and organization such as the panthers, but can't destroy the bloods and crips?

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    The Bloods and the Crips are doing white culture's dirty work. Not only are they killing off the black community, they help feed into the media ploy that blacks are destroying themselves and are not worth saving.

6. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Thank you, my brother/sister.

7. Poetrymama

Poetrymama Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    re:Katrina

Whether anyone want to believe it or not. We as a people are endangered
    species. How many of our young are in prisons, gangs and dead. The age for prison is getting younger and younger. We have to preserve our race. Stop the black on black crimes. It is destroying our culture. Young men in Prison and dead can't reproduced. Young Black Men I implore you to Stop the gang violence. Let the new revolution began with using our minds and not weapons, violence and dead of each other. We need to reserve our race just as the Japans, Whites, Asians, Russians and all others. We are all we got when it come to Life as a Black Person. Get an Education and Stand up for what is Right for all of our Culture.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I respect what you said...however, about the weapons thing, we need to keep them and get some more. Our problem isn't that we have them, it's that we haven't learned what everyone else has learned..."which direction to point them". That's how we gone preserve ourselves. When did the bully stop taking peoples lunch money in school? When did this country begin to give respect to other nations in the world? Ans: When the bully got hit back. When the other nations said: "we got the same weapons you got, so what!!"

A people lacking the ability to protect and defend themselves are on the food chain in this world...how is it that "black people are the only ones who don't have what every nation and people out there have to defend and protect themselves?" We are on the food chain and when you're on the food chain, the only thing that can happen is that you get ate up.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Well said brother Keita!

10. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone even care about the rapes, killing and stabbings or we just expect this from ourselfs and not even worth mentioning?
    Its only a big deal when we can find one case where someone else is to blame?
    When most blacks are killed by other blacks.We somehow expect to change another race when we dont want to do the work to change ourselfs.