Violaters / Violations : Khasm's Sistah Karmashine Comments

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Akilah, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Sister Destee,

I have no doubt that there is more to the Sistah Karmashine story than I or most members of this community know, but that fact doesn't cause me to have any less compassion and sympathy for another one of God's chirren who is so obviously suffering from severe mental and spiritual PAIN. Regardless of Khasm's Mod status and his being privy to additional info, I find his comments offensive, incredibly callous, and contrary to one of the most important missons of this community - which is to love and uplift our people. Further, his comment : "you people are really silly as hell...smh" to me is simply out of line. Just because he doesn't have the same level of concern toward a hurting brotha or sistah as others may have is no reason for him to call folk "silly as hell". This may seem a petty complaint compared to others you have had, but I don't consider disrespect amongst Black folk to be a small issue.

Love & Peace,
    Akilah ~

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Akilah ... what "justice" are you seeking?

What would you like to see done about the above?

:heart:

Destee

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    the above mentioned individual is no longer a member of this site because of her "incredibly callous" way of addressing the community as a whole...

akilah, this is not our first run in...i know you don't like me, and that's cool because you are nothing more than a single blip on the screen to me, you can hate me now and later for all i care...but c'mon now...please point out to me where i said something that was incorrect or overly zealous. when you find it, get back with me....:wink:

one love
    khasm

4. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Wow...you are GOOD...that truly hurt me...deeply...thanks for the reality check brutha...

Well you are more than a blip on the screen to me Khasm, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

I've never disliked you and as God is my witness, I don't hate anyone. I just don't understand how someone who writes such awesome poetry can be so cold hearted. My only true disagreement with you is on your stance on smoking weed and your boastfulness about it in the chat room while youngsters were present. If you don't think you have said anything wrong or mean-spirited there is obviously nothing I'm going to do to change your mind.

5. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Sister Destee...the fact that you placed the word justice in quotations
    tells me everything I need to know... seeing that I am nothing more than
    a "blip on the screen" to someone on your moderating team, I think it's time
    for me to take a long break from this community and re-evaluate my support.
    Although I'm no more "special" than anyone else here, I surely thought I was more than a "blip". Thanks

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    you are more than a blip to me. you should consider the communuty as a whole.
    you would be missed by many.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Akilah ... is this what this is really about ... a discussion Brother Khasm took part in, months (probably years) ago?

I don't know what this is really about, nor what you expect me to do.

I'm going to need you to be specific Sister, tell me what rule has been broken, and what you think the remedy should be.

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Akilah ... do you hear yourself? You've made some quotation marks mean something more than quotation marks, without even giving me (and all the rest of us) benefit of knowing what that meaning is. I can't defend myself against that. All i know is that i intended them to mean nothing more than quotation marks.

I chose the word justice ... putting it in quotation marks because it seems as though you are seeking some form of it, yet i'm not sure what exactly, and there may even be a better word for what you are seeking, but i did not know it ... so i used "justice" ... in quotation marks ... in hopes that it might be sufficient in describing what you want.

You're certainly free to come and go from here as you please, and to re-evaluate your support of the community. I've always told and shown you my appreciation for the love you've given, and that's all i can really do. You know i want you here, but if you do not want to be here, i will respect that and hold close the times we've shared.

Moderators are individuals, with minds of their own, free to assess situations and share their opinions like every other Member. I can't make them display love in a certain manner or way that is acceptable to you ... for you to hold me to that, simply because they are on "My Moderating Team" ... is a bit much, more than i am able to deliver.

I still don't know what you expected me to do about your original complaint.

My questions were sincere, and if you wanna tell me, i'm willing to listen and discuss it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Ignore this post

(The comment about the quotations around justice were due to the fact that, to many people, those quotation marks seem to imply that the word quoted is, in some fashion, not using quite the same meaning as the same word when not quoted. However, this portion of this post can be interpreted to have as little weight as this entire post: both exist only in an effort to attempt to support the, apparently "questionable", rationale behind the "need" to launch this thread, as well as the supportive thread for Sister Karmashines.)

As far as what there is to "see done about the above", there really isn't anything that can be "done", since the only thing that could "remedy" said "infraction" would have had to occur long before the "infraction" occurred. In fact, were that "remedy" in place, the "infraction" could/would not have occurred.

True, there is no actual "infraction", (hence the quotes), however, while it is "true" that "if one can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen", (hmmm .. that seems to ring a bell - wasn't that line used by a couple of the folks that have been banned?), there are some common courtesies and decencies that are endemic to what holds a "society" together. (Which don't seem to have had as much energy toward being instilled into "our" society over the last forty years.) Among those are the way that things are phrased .. as Elder Brother James has said a number of times.

And, no, Honored Leader Destee; it is not about the "marijuana issue", it is about the "cold hearted" nature of the response to my attempt to offer what support I could to Sister Karmashines, as well as the "you people are silly as hell", "tossing off" a member of our Family as a "blip on a screen", and all the responses to this effort to point out the "violations" of, admittedly, "unwritten" "rules" of our society.

Now, granted, there is probably no "violation" of management's rules of the forum, unless one would want to consider stretching "We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People. No Hate Allowed." into a "rule" - of course, in that instance, then "y'all would be correct" and Karmashines was as "in the wrong" as any member of our Family that was/is "having a bad hair day". (I do hope Karmashines is feeling better.) ...

In which case, you "win"; Sister Karmashines, Sister Akilah, myself and "Mother Compassion" would then all be "in the wrong", and you are free to continue to not see any reason for this thread.

Again, as I said in the beginning of this post: this post has no more "value" than my initial post for Sister Karmashines to anybody other than any that have some sense of "compassion".

Thank you for your time.

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    you said all of that to say what exactly?
    i ask this because it seems to me that there is no point to your statements...
    oft times people share opinions and view points that do not agree with yours, it happens everyday. i didn't like the disruption that karma was bringing to this website where you are a MEMBER. unlike yourself, i have to look at this website in a broader manner than you or akilah. you didn't have to deal with the people that karma pissed off nor did you have to deal with any of the ramifications of her actions. again i can call her a disruption and it is within my right to call you and akilah silly if i so choose. i'm sure between karma, akilah and yourself you've been called a lot worse. i wasn't going to comment in this thread anymore and from this point forward that will be the case. the reason being is that it is truly SILLY in my opinion to get into a discussion of this magnitude over a banned member who along with venting her hate and confusion on this site, really needed to go somewhere else because this site no longer fit her personality. and that's the bottom line...
    you guys can continue this thread if you want, but i'm done with this, in more ways then one...

one love
    khasm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.